Dish Network and Cable Internet

RJurden

Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Is there any reason that I cannot route my cable internet signal to the cable modem in my bedroom through the same coax as my 2nd TV signal coming from a dual TV tuner?

I just plan to use a standard off-the-shelf Phillips brand coax splitter. I'm thinking of running one cable from the Dish Network installed splitter into my splitter, the Time Warner cable into another port on my splitter, and then the third port will be connected to the coax that runs to the bedroom.

I can think of no reason that this will not work, however, the Dish Network installer said that it will interfere with their signal. That doesn't make sense to me seeing as it doesn't interfere with Time Warner's CATV signal.

The only issue is that cable internet signals are notoriouslu fickle. If the signal strength isn't nearly perfect you may have some connection and speed issues. I have Dish and Cable internet (and lifeline basic cable). Originally I had the cable split from the main line to 4 rooms then split again to the modem. But eventually I had to split the main cable running into the house run a cable directly to the modem and another to the 4 way splittler for the cable modem to be happy.

Good luck!
See ya
Tony

The only issue is that cable internet signals are notoriouslu fickle. If the signal strength isn't nearly perfect you may have some connection and speed issues. I have Dish and Cable internet (and lifeline basic cable). Originally I had the cable split from the main line to 4 rooms then split again to the modem. But eventually I had to split the main cable running into the house run a cable directly to the modem and another to the 4 way splittler for the cable modem to be happy.

Good luck!
See ya
Tony

I have dish, cable internet & lifeline basic cable too. My cable internet is immediately split off when it enters the house to the cable modem and the other branch going to a additional four way spliter to feed the the rest of the house. TWC had to come and install it, in that fashion because a split off later down the line to the cable modem was killing my bandwidth and speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts