Dish Network and Cable Internet?

madman360

Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
daly city, ca, usa
Hi,
Im new on these forums and had a questions. I currently have dish network with 2 hd recievers in my home. I wanted to get comcast cable internet in my home, but i am not sure if this is possible.

i live in a complex where we are not allowed to run wiring on the outside of our homes or drill any holes. in each home there is a wall plate with 2 coax plugs. these are the only active plugs in the house. i noticed that both the plugs are being used up by my 2 hd recievers, leaving no room to hook up comcast. is it possible to combine these 2 dish recievers to run from 1 cable and have a diplexer installed (that is what the comcast guy said had to be done, but dish said that was not possible).

any help would be appreciated.
thanks

It should work. The frequencies used by DOCSIS (5-860MHz) are lower than those used by DISH. You may need an additional filter to further dampen the higher cable frequencies if the diplexer doesn't get it all.

Note that this advice typically does NOT apply to DIRECTV setups.

The satellite signal cannot be diplexed. You can diplex one satellite with the cable signal and de-diplex it inside. It would be a good time to look at the wall connectors (feed-thrus.) If they are white cored you should change to blue cored ones. You can do that by just taking off the faceplate. Also look at the cable and be sure it is RG-6 and not RG-59. RG-59 and white-core feed-thrus are for lower frequencies and may attenuate the satellite signal to your receiver.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)