HD channels not in TURBO HD Silver

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
All,
I know this has been discussed off and on around this board, but is there a list somewhere? I have the classic silver 200 with HD, and would like to know which HD channels I am going to miss if I switch to Turbo HD silver ( or whatever the new name is going to be).

Thanks,

Hemant

look on the dish website

Thanks. Dish's website does not mention the TURBO HD packages anywhere, but I have seen members here request it from DISH and get it. What I have also read in the past is the confusion around what HD channels the TURBO subs are not getting.
Has this been resolved?

The HD Turbo programming hasn't been on the site for quite a while. These HD channels are not included in the all-HD Turbo to be renamed Dish America, unless something changes: Fox News, Fox Business, Speed, FX, MTV, Nick, VH1, and MSNBC. I think this is correct. I haven't been paying very close attention lately.

It might be easier for you to ask about certain channels then us TurboHD subs can confirm or deny having it. I think they are (seemingly) dropping the price of those packages $5/month to make up for not adding many of the channels like they suggested they planned to do (around this time last year).

All,
I know this has been discussed off and on around this board, but is there a list somewhere? I have the classic silver 200 with HD, and would like to know which HD channels I am going to miss if I switch to Turbo HD silver ( or whatever the new name is going to be).

Thanks,

Hemant

This is what I'm getting from TurboHD Silver...

A&E
ABC Family
Animal Planet
Bravo
Cartoon Network
CBS College Sports
CMT
CNBC
CNN
Comedy Central
Discovery
Disney Channel
Disney XD
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPNews
Food Network
Fox Sports Southwest
Golf Channel
HD Theater
HDNet
HGTV
History
Lifetime
Lifetime Movie Network
NBA TV
NFL Network
Palladia
Spike
SyFy
TBS
TLC
TNT
Travel Channel
USA
Weather Channel
WGN America

A&E
ABC Family
Animal Planet
Bravo
Cartoon Network
CBS College Sports
CMT
CNBC
CNN
Comedy Central
Discovery
Disney Channel
Disney XD
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPNews
Food Network
Fox Sports Southwest
Golf Channel
HD Theater
HDNet
HGTV
History
Lifetime
Lifetime Movie Network
NBA TV
NFL Network
Palladia
Spike
SyFy
TBS
TLC
TNT
Travel Channel
USA
Weather Channel
WGN America

You get NBA-TV in HD? I used to have turbo Silver but didn't get NBA.. Maybe it was added later.

The price increase reads:

TurboHD Silver with locals renamed DISH America Silver and repriced to $49.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Gold with locals renamed DISH America Gold and repriced to $49.99 (-$5).

Is this is a typo, or will both Silver and Gold be identical in price?

The price increase reads:

TurboHD Silver with locals renamed DISH America Silver and repriced to $49.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Gold with locals renamed DISH America Gold and repriced to $49.99 (-$5).

Is this is a typo, or will both Silver and Gold be identical in price?

Has to be a typo as there would be no reason to have two packs with the same price. Plus Turbo Silver with DVR and locals is currently $49.99. Current price without DVR and locals is $39.99. A $5 fee decrease takes the base package price back to $34.99. Add back the $5 for locals and you get $39.99.

Has to be a typo as there would be no reason to have two packs with the same price. Plus Turbo Silver with DVR and locals is currently $49.99. Current price without DVR and locals is $39.99. A $5 fee decrease takes the base package price back to $34.99. Add back the $5 for locals and you get $39.99.

Laddyboy ... do you get NBA-TV with Turbo Silver?

A&E
ABC Family
Animal Planet
Bravo
Cartoon Network
CBS College Sports
CMT
CNBC
CNN
Comedy Central
Discovery
Disney Channel
Disney XD
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPNews
Food Network
Fox Sports Southwest
Golf Channel
HD Theater
HDNet
HGTV
History
Lifetime
Lifetime Movie Network
NBA TV
NFL Network
Palladia
Spike
SyFy
TBS
TLC
TNT
Travel Channel
USA
Weather Channel
WGN America

Thanks for the list! This helps, I guess I have to stay with my current package as the kids want Nick and I like MSNBC.

I have Turbo Silver and I see NBA-TV in my lineup BUT I also have the multi-sports pack so I'm not sure if that's part of Silver or sports.

I have Turbo Silver and I see NBA-TV in my lineup BUT I also have the multi-sports pack so I'm not sure if that's part of Silver or sports.

I have the multi sports as well but when I had NBA TV in the past I didn't get the HD version unless I had Platinum HD. Anybody, without the multi sports pack, that has Turbo HD tell me whether 402 is in HD Turbo pack ... in HD?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)