Dish Network and FTA Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I've been reading how you all are getting the audio from Dish and BellVu on your FTA dish. My setup is the Fortec Mercury II and HH90 Motor w/ 76cm dish and Universal LNB all from Sadoun. I also have some old Dish Network LNB's laying around...can I use both of them on 1 dish or would I need to buy a new LNB to get the Circular feeds? Or better yet, what is the quickest, cheapest, most correct way to do this without totally messing something up. Basically, how do I get the audio channels from Dish and Bell on my FTA dish.

Thanks.

The EASIEST way would be to replace the LNBF with an INVACOM QPH-031 LNBF and a 2 way DiSEqC switch, it does both Circular and Linear signals and there is no messing about off-setting azimuth positions, this can really mix you (me) up!

Some members zip tie or use a hose clamp and clamp a DBS LNB to their Linear KU LNBF! Only down side is off setiting the dish slightly for each DBS position, but using DiSEqC 1.2 this is something that only needs to be done once.

PSB said:
Some members zip tie or use a hose clamp and clamp a DBS LNB to their Linear KU LNBF! Only down side is off setiting the dish slightly for each DBS position, but using DiSEqC 1.2 this is something that only needs to be done once.

If I choose to do this, will my Dish Pro single lnb work and how will I connect the two together w/o having a switch? Also, when programming the DBS position, are you saying it would be best to use the Diseq 1.2 option?

Yes you would HAVE to use DiSEqC 1.2 to store the off-set DBS positions. IMO, its best to use a regular DirecTV/Legacy Dish LNB with the L.O. set to 11250

How do I connect the 2 LNB's together without a switch? And how would I change the option on my receiver to change over to the Circular LNB on the Dish/Bell sat's?

As with the Invacom QPH-031 you could use a 2 way DiSEqC switch to toggle between both LNB's This is done (set up once) in the antenna set up screen under DiSEqC, I use Port 1 for Linear and Port 2 for Circular.

You can unplug your linear LNBF and plug into the DBS LNB (Dish Pro stacked LNB's will not work) for now to set it up until you get a DiSEqC switch. When you do get a switch remember to power down the receiver completely before connecting or disconnecting it as they can easily be shorted out!

More or less, enter the DFreq. Polarity and S/R move the dish until you see signal quality then number and store the position.

Polarity.......

H= Left Hand
R= right Hand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)