Dish Network and RV's

Pete Ratowski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 15, 2007
Tallahassee
In July, 1997, when I first signed on with Dish Network, Charlie would tell you on the Charlie Chat's that you could take your receiver with you in your RV and to your mountain home or beach house. Most of my friends bought an extra dish and we took one or more of our receivers with us when we left town to relax. We were allowed to receive up to 2 distant network signals and probably received our local channels at home over an antenna or cable. Times have changed and distant network signals have been cut off last December and now we get our locals on Dish. My local footprint is from Lake City, FL to New Orleans and to Atlanta on the north. So if I am in that area I can still get the Tallahassee locals while on the road camping. But if I leave that area, I have no network channels. I plan to subscribe to the All American Direct that Dish has told us about soon. My question is: Will I loose my Tallahassee locals if I subscriibe to the Atlanta and San Francisco network channels that I need while RV'ing on the road outside my Tallahassee locals footprint area? I need the Tallahassee channels when I am home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)