Dish Network bill is higher than what was promised when switched.

You're not alone. Many never thought fees would add up to what they do! ?You used to be able to go online and check off you did not want to continue after the free or 1/2 price period. Is that still an option?

Yes that's what I recommend anyone does. If they know for sure they won't want them after their promo ends then choose do not continue on your my dish account online. It's still there and that's the easiest option to avoid being billed.

I'm the OP. I got an email from a DIRT member that cleared it up in my mind. I didn't calculate the DVR service fee, the joey's fee and the service protection plan fee. All those fees added $31 to the bill. I'm guessing i wasn't expecting fees to add up to that much. All apologies to Dish.

Didn't realize she had the Hopper system. That has the highest equipment fees of all Dish's equipment. Makes sense it was higher than you expected, those fees can add up quick.

I'm the OP. I got an email from a DIRT member that cleared it up in my mind. I didn't calculate the DVR service fee, the joey's fee and the service protection plan fee. All those fees added $31 to the bill. I'm guessing i wasn't expecting fees to add up to that much. All apologies to Dish.

The Protection Plan is not required. It can be added for a 4-6 month period(Not sure what the min length is) if you need a service call. That will save you $7/mo.

If you are getting the Protection Plan free for the first 4 months then there is no cancellation fee. You can drop it at anytime.

...... Still, $30 a month on fees for equipment I BOUGHT is a monthly slap in the face. :)

But the fees are for the service provided. Use of DVR features, programming, on a second receiver, guide, etc.... for DISH owned receivers or for your own receiver. Tell TIVO you don't want to pay any fees because you own the receiver! :)
I'm not talking about the cost, just that it applies as a service fee.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts