Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK BOOSTS INDUSTRY-LEADING HD LINEUP WITH SIX NEW CHANNELS

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – May 12, 2010 – DISH Network L.L.C., America’s fastest-growing pay-TV provider, today added five new channels to its already extensive HD lineup of more than 200 channels: DIY HD and Investigation Discovery HD; movie channel EPIX 2 HD; and Spanish-language channels Telefutura HD and Univision HD. In addition, DISH Network will launch Galavision HD in early June.

“For the second time in less than a month, DISH Network has expanded the largest HD lineup in the industry,” said Tom Cullen, executive vice president of Sales, Marketing and Programming. “We continue to lead the way in offering the best collection of HD movie channels in the nation, and are proud to be the only provider to offer all three of the most-watched Spanish-language networks in high definition.”

For more information on the nation’s largest HD lineup – including 70 channels in core programming packages, 16 channels in the a la carte HD Platinum tier, 22 premium channels, 15 Pay-Per-View channels, 60 Video on Demand channels and 25 regional sports networks – visit DISH Network now offers 200 HD Channels - DISH Network.

I would love to have DIY HD with Direct. I have a feeling MOST of the shows will be in stretch-o-vision since they show a lot of the older, pre-HD, programs. This company stretches all 4:3 programming on their HD channels.

For more information on the nation’s largest HD lineup – including 70 channels in core programming packages, 16 channels in the a la carte HD Platinum tier, 22 premium channels, 15 Pay-Per-View channels, 60 Video on Demand channels and 25 regional sports networks

Well, for those that were wondering, there is how they got to 200. Not that the 25 RSNs and especially the 60 VODs are legit.

This is crazy.
No wonder Dishnetwork is my highest bill per month. :(

I won't watch any of the new channels. DISH already satisfied me with their HD offerings. What I'm super exited about is these new HD additions will 'force' Dish's competitors to add them. Sooner or later, every DBS/Cable Co. will have them.

bread w/ that whine

This is crazy.
No wonder Dishnetwork is my highest bill per month. :(

I won't watch any of the new channels. DISH already satisfied me with their HD offerings. What I'm super exited about is these new HD additions will 'force' Dish's competitors to add them. Sooner or later, every DBS/Cable Co. will have them.

Sir would you like some bread w/ that whine?

Ha.

I would like some Flemmish brown ale, please.

Edit: no no, I'm exited about the new HD additions. I'm not whining :p

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Do a "Test Switch" (Menu, 6-1-1, Check Switch, Test), and when it completes, it'll grab the updated schedule[/FONT].

111/9527 - DIY-HD (Diy)
192/9526 - Investigation Discovery-HD (Id)
270/9521 - Univision-HD (Unvsn)
272/9522 - Telefutura-HD (Ftraw)
381 - Epix 2 (Epix2)

I just started checking the new channels myself. I started with DIY-HD..
DIY-HD is showing "Renovation Realities" right now and the program is letterboxed SD. Shouldn't an HD version of a channel remove the letterboxing?

Edit:
I :heart DISH Network :p

At least it appears they did not inflate the channel count... They could have gone for 300! Maybe they will quitely add channels until they actually have 200 without counting fake ones on the DVR and PPV.

New channels

I just spent about 45 min with technical support at dish network trying to find out why I can't see any of the new channels. After the check switch, the resets, reading her the info page she finally told me I can't get any of the channels because they are on orbit 129 and I have orbit 61.5 for my HD locals and you can't have both. Have any of you run into the issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts