DISH NETWORK BOOSTS INDUSTRY-LEADING HD LINEUP WITH SIX NEW CHANNELS

I just spent about 45 min with technical support at dish network trying to find out why I can't see any of the new channels. After the check switch, the resets, reading her the info page she finally told me I can't get any of the channels because they are on orbit 129 and I have orbit 61.5 for my HD locals and you can't have both. Have any of you run into the issue?
They are incorrect. Eastern Arc sats are 61.5, 72.7 and 77...all attainable from one dish. See this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/202795-statement-dish-not-getting-new-hd.html

DISH NETWORK BOOSTS INDUSTRY-LEADING HD LINEUP WITH SIX NEW CHANNELS

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – May 12, 2010 – DISH Network L.L.C., America’s fastest-growing pay-TV provider, today added five new channels to its already extensive HD lineup of more than 200 channels: DIY HD and Investigation Discovery HD; movie channel EPIX 2 HD; and Spanish-language channels Telefutura HD and Univision HD. In addition, DISH Network will launch Galavision HD in early June.

“For the second time in less than a month, DISH Network has expanded the largest HD lineup in the industry,” said Tom Cullen, executive vice president of Sales, Marketing and Programming. “We continue to lead the way in offering the best collection of HD movie channels in the nation, and are proud to be the only provider to offer all three of the most-watched Spanish-language networks in high definition.”

For more information on the nation’s largest HD lineup – including 70 channels in core programming packages, 16 channels in the a la carte HD Platinum tier, 22 premium channels, 15 Pay-Per-View channels, 60 Video on Demand channels and 25 regional sports networks – visit DISH Network now offers 200 HD Channels - DISH Network.
Is it possible to get all the HD channels as a separate package as opposed to being added to the standard packages?

wrong

I just spent about 45 min with technical support at dish network trying to find out why I can't see any of the new channels. After the check switch, the resets, reading her the info page she finally told me I can't get any of the channels because they are on orbit 129 and I have orbit 61.5 for my HD locals and you can't have both. Have any of you run into the issue?

You can have both. But sounds like you need an EA dish for 77, 72.7 & 61.5. It called the 1000.4.

Thank you for your quick responses. I read the thread and I have just a few questions before I call Dish. I have live in zip code 13212. I used the dishpointer.com and see that a 1000.4 will work. I currently have 2 dish 500's on my house. I am pointing at 110, 119 and 61.5. Sorry for being slow but if I need to point at 129 to get the new channels and a 1000.4 will get 77, 72.7 and 61.5, how does that solve my problem? I just want to understand what I am talking about before I call Dish. Thanks, Jean

You can have 61.5 and 110 119 129 but you need a DPP44 for the 4 or a western triple with an extra input for 61.5. Better to go for the 1000.4 when you have EA locals. I did have one problem with the 4 in that at 4:12AM MST/MDT it would stop recording and you have no control of the priority for the same channel numbers. Others had it in their time zone. I have not checked recently as I dropped off the 61.5 from VOOM days with a now reliable 129, where my locals are.
-Ken

Telefutura HD and Univision HD would benefit by adding English subtitles for those of us that do not speak the language. Some of the novella shows look pretty wild and I would love to be able to understand them. The only Spanish I know is "Dónde está el tocador en esta casa?" :D

^Sometimes, you are better off not knowing what they are saying lol. Not very entertaining, but GREAT to watch the mamis telling you the weather forecast. :)

Telefutura HD and Univision HD would benefit by adding English subtitles for those of us that do not speak the language. Some of the novella shows look pretty wild and I would love to be able to understand them. The only Spanish I know is "Dónde está el tocador en esta casa?" :D
LOL! I am watching two novelas on Univision.

Just like that I have a 1000.4 now. They installer hauled away my other two dishes and now I have one. I have all the HD channels I was missing and still have my HD locals. Thanks for the information...BTW I initiated an online chat with a tech, asked for the new dish and he said ok, I can have someone there on Friday. Very simple process and no charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)