Dish Network Corp. (DISH) founder Charlie Ergen said he may permanently drop Time Warner Inc.

They could cut all the us cable news channels for all i care. Too much gloss and bias. My 14 year old started watching Aljazeer America and insisted it was way better. I doubted him since he's just 14, right. So i started watching with him. I found out he's right. One of the first reports i saw was on police relations with blacks after the St. Louis shootint. The AJ reporter who was black was in LA talking to black activists who were airing their concerns. All of a sudden a cruiser goes by at top speed with the lights flashing. Cops jump out, chase a black guy down. He clearly tries to grab an officer's gun. They pin him, arrest him and a mob arrives. Multiple cruisers arrive to stop trouble. The reporter ends saying it appears the community may have legit concerns but obviously the police have a lot to deal with too. They actually showed the whole report. This would never occur on the other "news" channels.

For me this channel is 100 times better than the others - more in depth "news" and coverage of all sides. I've heard everyone's upset with them. They must be doing something right.

As for price issues i left Dish 2 years ago after 10 years. I mostly wanted NBC Sports in a lower tier package which Directv had. After one year my rates went up to $30 more a month than what i paid with Dish. Higher DVR fees, extra charges for my regional sports channels, extra charges for HD and my Genie and just higher rates in general. I see Dish now has NBC Sports in AR Top 200 so come April i'll probably be back.

Reactions: dare2be
Dish (and pretty much any provider) can keep customers and have a viable offering without any one of the major programming providers. But, if they lose too many, they will not have a viable system. Every channel has its watchers, and never having the channels return would lose a certain % of customers.

They could cut all the us cable news channels for all i care. Too much gloss and bias. My 14 year old started watching Aljazeer America and insisted it was way better. I doubted him since he's just 14, right. So i started watching with him. I found out he's right. One of the first reports i saw was on police relations with blacks after the St. Louis shootint. The AJ reporter who was black was in LA talking to black activists who were airing their concerns. All of a sudden a cruiser goes by at top speed with the lights flashing. Cops jump out, chase a black guy down. He clearly tries to grab an officer's gun. They pin him, arrest him and a mob arrives. Multiple cruisers arrive to stop trouble. The reporter ends saying it appears the community may have legit concerns but obviously the police have a lot to deal with too. They actually showed the whole report. This would never occur on the other "news" channels.

For me this channel is 100 times better than the others - more in depth "news" and coverage of all sides. I've heard everyone's upset with them. They must be doing something right.

As for price issues i left Dish 2 years ago after 10 years. I mostly wanted NBC Sports in a lower tier package which Directv had. After one year my rates went up to $30 more a month than what i paid with Dish. Higher DVR fees, extra charges for my regional sports channels, extra charges for HD and my Genie and just higher rates in general. I see Dish now has NBC Sports in AR Top 200 so come April i'll probably be back.

My dad is the only person I know that watches CNN regularly and he said he really didn't miss the channel all that much. He told me he was actually enjoying Al Jazeer and thought they did a good job of reporting.

Most people that I've seen who say they hate Al Jazeer are people who are stubborn and just refuse to watch it. I have a friend like this, he's and extreme Republican and I'm pretty sure he thinks everything is a conspiracy. I can't stand talking to him when he starts bringing up politics.

I have a friend that is an extreme Republican, and I finally got him watching AJA. It's funny how persuasive you can be, when you are the combat vet from Iraq, and you hate the things less than most ignorant folks. Once they see their bias is unreasonable for the situation, they usually give it. All in all, AJA is great.

LOL You're just asking to be made fun of for being an Iowa State fan. I won't turn this thread into that though. :D
Iowa State football can't be made any more fun of than the product they put out on the field this year. Now basketball is a different story.

My dad is the only person I know that watches CNN regularly and he said he really didn't miss the channel all that much. He told me he was actually enjoying Al Jazeer and thought they did a good job of reporting.

Most people that I've seen who say they hate Al Jazeer are people who are stubborn and just refuse to watch it. I have a friend like this, he's and extreme Republican and I'm pretty sure he thinks everything is a conspiracy. I can't stand talking to him when he starts bringing up politics.
As a moderate, I don't like extremists from either side. Frankly, I am not a fan of politics because, for the most part, people are far too bias in their view and cannot look at the other person's point of view when it comes to almost any issue.

As a moderate, I don't like extremists from either side. Frankly, I am not a fan of politics because, for the most part, people are far too bias in their view and cannot look at the other person's point of view when it comes to almost any issue.

I completely agree with you there. People are blinded.

The OP stated "you must not be a Steeler's fan"....Claiming those fans are more knowledgeable about the NFL.
I didn't mean to imply that. I just meant that due to the culture, the average female Steeler fan is more involved and knowledgeable than other female fans in general. I think that would also apply to Green Bay and maybe a couple other fanbases.

I watched CNN (like it more than Fox News) particularly CNN Headline News. I watched it over the years. Thats how I got my headlines. I spend a lot more time on this site though.

I watched CNN (like it more than Fox News) particularly CNN Headline News. I watched it over the years. Thats how I got my headlines. I spend a lot more time on this site though.
I watched CNN when they used to show news..before time warner took over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)