DISH Network could lose Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings games

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Heres something intresting...

Committed to Detroit, Ilitch looks to expand reach | detnews.com | The Detroit News

All day there has been rumors flying around that Mike Illitch that owns the Tigers and Red Wings could buy the Pistons.

At that point Mike Illitch would have the broadcast rights to all 3 sports teams, and would probably start his own television network.

Gee, if that happens you think DISH Network would pay to carry this channel?

Heres something intresting...

Committed to Detroit, Ilitch looks to expand reach | detnews.com | The Detroit News

All day there has been rumors flying around that Mike Illitch that owns the Tigers and Red Wings could buy the Pistons.

At that point Mike Illitch would have the broadcast rights to all 3 sports teams, and would probably start his own television network.

Gee, if that happens you think DISH Network would pay to carry this channel?

Not gonna happen. FS Detroit has an exclusive contract with all three teams til 2018.

FSN Detroit Nets Pro Sports Three-Pointer - 2008-03-19 08:38:00 | Multichannel News

I never knew Little Caesar's was that big of a money earner? This guy really has all the money to own all three sports teams in Detroit?

He's been doing 2 teams for many many years.

Personally, I hope someone else steps up to buy the Pistons ....
That may still happen, I think Mr. I got into it to make the statement that he would like to see the team STAY in Detroit.

If someone else steps up and commits to Detroit, I think he'll be fine with that.

Then again, I just saw in the Detroit News today an article about a new Hockey/ Basketball arena being talked about.
Mr. I has been wanting to do something with Joe Lewis for years now, build new or revamp the Joe.

I never knew Little Caesar's was that big of a money earner? This guy really has all the money to own all three sports teams in Detroit?

There's 4 sports teams in Detroit (well technically 3 in the city of Detroit itself since the Pistons play in Auburn Hills). He also owns the Fox Theater. He should buy the Lions and turn them into champions. Worked for the Red Wings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)