Dish Network Damaged my television set!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mitchflorida said:
If you notice, Dish wisely puts on a screen saver when you listen to the Sirius music stations. They should do the same with the "pause" function of the DVR as well. It is a simple software update for Dish to do.

I never really left it on, but the problem accumulated to an extent. To be honest , the Fox News Logo is also burned in on the bottom left.

I think rear-projection CRT is flawed technology. Is it being replaced by lcd?

In the meantime, Dish should reimburse me for my damage!
So sue FOX for damages, or sue your set maker. God forbid you should blame yourself.

mitchflorida said:

I've had a 51" Sony CRT RPTV for two years. I use it every day. It's properly calibrated and I have no burn in. I watch letterboxed movies, SD with black bars, and channels with logos all the time.

After Katrina Hit, I ran it with my Generator for three weeks. I had it on CNN and Fox news almost exclusively for 12+ hours a day. No burn in.

I'm sorry, sir... but you're just a dumbass who's trying to put the blame on someone else's hands, when it's VERY CLEAR that you're the ONLY responsible for this.

FOX news does the "spinaroonie"...its not there permanent...it stays for a little bit and then spins around.

This has got to be a joke. Nobody could actually expect damages for misuse of a product could they?

I'm going to sue Dell because they sold me a computer that I use to play a video game. I really enjoy playing the game so I haven't gotten enough sleep and my performance at work has suffered. I will likely not get promoted now. Therefore, Dell is responsible.

glenn z said:
This has got to be a joke. Nobody could actually expect damages for misuse of a product could they?
Maybe you didn't hear about the woman who won millions from MickeyD for spilling hot coffee in her lap. They didn't warn her it was hot. :wtf:

so can I sue McDonalds, Wendy's, Burker King, Subway, etc etc because I got fat from eating their food? :)

mitchflorida said:
If you notice, Dish wisely puts on a screen saver when you listen to the Sirius music stations. They should do the same with the "pause" function of the DVR as well. It is a simple software update for Dish to do.

I never really left it on, but the problem accumulated to an extent. To be honest , the Fox News Logo is also burned in on the bottom left.

Let us know how you make out on this one. :rolleyes:

CRT's have very little issues with Burn In!! It's mainly plasma's that have the issue with Burn In so it seems you have a issue with your TV. With the way you have describe things it seems your TV has or has already had some issues. So you need to get it fixed and you might think about getting a diffrent receiver so overall this is called "USER ERROR". :)

mitchflorida said:
Just cause you broke something makes the whole technology bad? I have had numerous RPTV and never had a problem. No flaw in the technology.

mitchflorida said:

Hey can I have some of your pot that your smoking? You damaged it, your at fault, there is a warning in the owners manual, you also seem to be aware of burn in but not smart enough to avoid it? Kmart used to have a 50 inch rear projection tv at its customer service counters that played a repeating video and it had the kmart logo in the middle, it only took a week for it to burn in with it being played 10 hours a day. You won get any money from dish, really you should be mad at yourself and take money out of your own wallet.

Poke said:
CRT's have very little issues with Burn In!! :)

I dont know how old you are but if anyone here is 35 or older and went to school they will remember the green screen terminals in the computer labs that had burn in on them, these were crt monitors. Display tvs at the stores if left on and with a store logo will also get burn in to, thats why you dont see store logo's on the video playback.

Iceberg said:
so can I sue McDonalds, Wendy's, Burker King, Subway, etc etc because I got fat from eating their food? :)

Well if they dish network didnt have so many mcdonald's commercials, then i wouldnt eat so much fast food. Obviously dish network is responsible. :hungry: :haha

Can't believe I'm using my 500th posting for this...

If you know that burn-in is a possibility (which you obviously do) and you've got the Fox news logo burned in too, then obviously Dish (or more precisely, their product) didn't cause it, now did it/they?

<*sigh*> I get so tired of the "someone owes me" mentality of so many people. If they can't cajole or coerce, then they sue to get what's "owed" them. :no

Iceberg said:

That's been tried too. By parents of young kids. Gee, I wonder who drove them there? That was one of the suits that caused them to start using lower cal oils for the french fries and the fries have never been the same since.

if what you are saying is true, why does DISH deliberately put a screeen saver on its radio music stations? Clearly they realize that to do otherwise would damage our tv sets.

If they can put a screen saver on for Sirius radio they can do it for pause and playback for their DVRs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts