Dish Network Defies COURT ORDERS ....

I actually think you are incorrect on this. As I said to the OP it is known as a lien against his account. They had a contract he signed when he 1st agreed to become their customer. It hurt him so it seem inappropriate but can happen and all he had to do was list his card or bank account number on the contract and then when needed E* withdrew it.

A lien against anything, requires court involvement, this never happen ... AND NO, the wording in the contracts back them were FLAWED, admitted to under oath by DISH .....

There is a process of LAW, not internal desires which govern all of this.... DISH MADE NO ACTIONS ACCORDING TO LAW ... Other than turning it over to collections while we were still in disagreement, Letter from COLLECTIONS DATED June 30th .... on July 1, and 3rd was when the complete draining of my account occured.... so I guess somehow DISH thinks it is legally excepted to try collecting from 2 directions ... and be paid by the collection agency for the case as well.... all these actions were illegal ......

Last edited:
A lien against anything, requires court involvement, this never happen ... AND NO, the wording in the contracts back them were FLAWED, admitted to under oath by DISH .....

There is a process of LAW, not internal desires which govern all of this.... DISH MADE NO ACTIONS ACCORDING TO LAW ...
Sounds more to me like you were screwed the most by your lawyer than anyone else. Sorry you went thru this Sh**.

Thanks to all the DISH people here trying to defend their company..... but unfortunately, the law and documented FACTS are against you !!!!!

I agree, both lawyers ... they are the REAL winners here!!!
Actually, I'd presume the Dish Lawyer is on retainer. Your lawyer would be looking to get as much as possible, so it is in his best interest to leech as much money as he can regardless of your interests.

Actually, I'd presume the Dish Lawyer is on retainer. Your lawyer would be looking to get as much as possible, so it is in his best interest to leech as much money as he can regardless of your interests.

His retainer went up as they years progressed .....

Keep in mind ... something I don't believe some understand..... DISH's supposed contract back them was nothing more than 2 paragraphs of verbiage, committing to the year of service ... It was SO SHORT, it fit on the cash register receipt when I purchased the equipment..... IT IS NOT THE SAME AGREEMENT DISH REQUIRES TODAY!!!!!!!

AND,,, that signature for my card for the purchase was THE ONLY signature they EVER got from me!

I did not make some of the statements attributed to me in post #92. Can a mod clean that up a little bit to avoid any misunderstanding? Thanks.

Actually it isn't Dish people defending their company. It's just that you are in an E* forum so you are going to get more pro E* than anti-E*.
It really shouldn't be either. People should be able to look at data, and form opinions based on that, not on brand loyalty, which is really just an odd an emotional attachment to a corporate entity.

It really shouldn't be either. People should be able to look at data, and form opinions based on that, not on brand loyalty, which is really just an odd an emotional attachment to a corporate entity.
Is there a pill for that, Dr. Gary? ;)

Last edited:
Generally speaking, customers are supposed to have to directly authorize payments. A company just grabbing money unannounced because they have a routing number for a banking account or a credit/debit card number on file from a prior transaction is very possibly illegal, or at the least highly consumer unfriendly. The way it's supposed to work is that they send you a bill for what they think you owe, and then you pay it. If you don't pay it, but legitimately owe it, they can take you to court and try to get a judgement against you where they can garnish money from a pay check or a bank account. They can't just one day randomly say "Our money, we'll take it now".

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION

QUALIFYING CARD AUTHORIZATION

By signing above, you authorize DISH to charge, and/or place a hold with respect to all cancellation fee(s) and unreturned
equipment charge(s), or any portion thereof, that you owe under this Agreement (collectively, the “Authorized
Amounts”) to the credit card or debit/check card that you initially provided to DISH (the “Qualifying Card”) until such
Authorized Amounts are paid in full. You agree that the issuer of the Qualifying Card may accept this Agreement as your
authorization and may pay the Authorized Amounts without DISH’s submitting a signed receipt. Payment of cancellation
fee(s) and/or unreturned equipment charges shall not relieve you of your obligation to pay all unpaid charges on your
account.

===> Signature: __________________________________

So as you can see from the second quote here. The customer signs this on the contract, giving dish the authorization to make the charges.

Now that that has been clarified, The customer did state he was not in a contract, having been a customer for 3 years. Unless of course he upgraded and signed a DIU contract. Even with not being in a contract, the equipment still has to be returned within 30 days of cancellation or you are charged for it.

I'm not saying I agree with what happened in the least, but your statement does not hold up in this scenario.

So as you can see from the second quote here. The customer signs this on the contract, giving dish the authorization to make the charges.

Now that that has been clarified, The customer did state he was not in a contract, having been a customer for 3 years. Unless of course he upgraded and signed a DIU contract. Even with not being in a contract, the equipment still has to be returned within 30 days of cancellation or you are charged for it.

I'm not saying I agree with what happened in the least, but your statement does not hold up in this scenario.

Except that IS NOT the agreement back over 10 years ago.... I have it.... all it says is that you agree to a 1 year contract .... IN FACT..... the card used at that time was with ANOTHER BANK and ACCOUNT ... I proved not an early termination, proved the equipment was mine .... so, where does that leave you ... and since when does over 1400.00 come up to early termination or equipment total that much...... AND as it shows in you quote, this has NO bearing on monthly billing .... only termination and equipment!!!!!!!! I had changed banks 2 years after the contract, and just after that, about 6 months, the drained all they could get..... .and I CAN PROVE they attacked my account on a daily basis by $2.... to see if they got a response... If they did, then the records show they would try a large amount, if that was rejected, they would cut that amount in half and try again. .. .. .. .They did this in one day and DRAINED MY ENTIRE ACCOUNT WITH 7 Transactions in the one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY ENTIRE BI-Monthly pay was taken in one day ..... AND, it was 3 days after I received a letter from a collection agency saying they had the account. .... then DISH drained the account.. How can they supposed sell the account for collections AND take what they say owed at the same time.... Letter date June 30th ..... They drained the account July 3rd.

AND if you would have read further... you would have seen I purchased the equipment paid over $300.00 and the ONLY signature they EVER got from me was signing the purchase of the equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also proved this and the supposed customer agreement signed fit on a cash register receipt that is exactly 2.5 " x 4"..... VERY little area, and it was on the BACK of the actual receipt ......

Also should be noted ... the ONLY way they got the number was going into my account and taking the new number due to my making a ONE TIME payment using it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dish did not lease equipment back then. You had to buy it up front. They would "give" you a box or 2 for 2 year contract service, but you owned the box at the end. You did not have to return the equipment.

Dish did not lease equipment back then. You had to buy it up front. They would "give" you a box or 2 for 2 year contract service, but you owned the box at the end. You did not have to return the equipment.

Thanks Mike ..... for remembering that .... And that is a point to make, DISH's policies back then, when they were a relatively NEW company.... are NOT the same as today!! And it is easy to see how customers and CSR could become very confused with changes they made over several years ...... If I were a CSR, I would probably go with current policy, not realizing the customer may be covered by a different contract.....

I feel some of this had a major impact on the entire case....

Also, 1 other point that I don't think I have mentioned ...... DISH was never able to provide a final bill, even in the courts, every attempt, had problems ...... They NEVER came up with an amount that did not include either the early disconnect or equipment cost .... Believe me, I tried working with them for almost a year trying to resolve .... before any legal council was bought in ......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts