Dish Network Defies COURT ORDERS ....

Through the years we've all heard of unauthorized withdrawals. This is exactly why I'll never give my debit card # and partake in the auto-pay.

Through the years we've all heard of unauthorized withdrawals. This is exactly why I'll never give my debit card # and partake in the auto-pay.

Great!!!! ..... Only I never gave my number, other than making an online payment as a 1 time payment .... they took that number and just assumed they could do what they wanted .... I never agreed to ANY Auto-pay and never will with ANYONE!!!!!

My mistake .... paying online first ...... and using a debit card..... IF, I would have used a credit card..... laws would have stopped this from ever happening.... We learn from our mistakes ..... Hopefully......

For once, I think DBStalk is ahead of the game. Time to close this down. Going nowhere. Seems like some of the moderators have been on summer vacation lately.

There is a reason why no one reads or posts in the DISH area at DBSTalk.

I think the only post that should be moderated is this one. Here comes the peanut gallery again trying to tell us how to moderate and its the same person who moans when we do have to moderate. And once again takes a post off topic.

Leave the moderation to the pros.

Now back on topic please.

I read that $30,000 offer as a hypothetical used as an example of the motivation to not settle, not as an actual offer to settle.

I read that $30,000 offer as a hypothetical used as an example of the motivation to not settle, not as an actual offer to settle.
Yes, thank you.... you are correct.... didn't understand were everyone kept coming up with this 30K figure.... I just re-read the opinion and it is a hypothetical comment made by the court......Thanks for noticing .....

That is about the only way I can see it .... as stated, I heard nothing about a 30K offer .....

Just like another point in the judgement .... they did not allow my attorney's travel fees...... stating that they didn't understand why I didn't retain an attorney by my home ...... at the time I hired the attorney.... I worked 1 mile from his office ..... but, that point was never questioned before the court of appeals .. I would have gladly explained it to them...... That was very minor ..... so was just let go....

Last edited:
You may have been on line for years, but not here. I think this was your first post on sat guys. That makes you newbie here. We see many 1st time posters who come on with a rant. To many of us, it makes us think that the poster is trying to sabotage Dish with wild inaccurate info. Possible a plant by you know who. That's what makes some of us skeptical of wild claims.

These wild conspiracy theories that get posted about new posters who show up with issues being plants or whatever are kind of annoying. Look, most people don't like to talk about their television service provider, they'd rather just watch television, and maybe talk about the sports and shows they watch on it (on forums about sports teams or television shows), but not about the type of equipment they have and blah, blah, blah. So, they only show up at a forum like this when they have a problem with their service provider, who'd they'd prefer to be an invisible part of their television watching experience, but which made them sit up and notice it by doing something really aggravating like draining hundreds of dollars our of a bank account without authorization (aka theft), dropping people's favorite channels while they still have a contract commitment (bait and switch, essentially, even if it doesn't quite meet the legal definition), raising rates, charging excessive fees, etc.. That's when it matters, so that's when they join the forum to talk about it.

They aren't plants, they're people having issues with their television service provider who naturally seek out a forum devoted to said provider to complain. In good times, they have nothing to complain about and no interest in technical details, so they don't bother seeking out a forum and just watch TV instead. Not so complicated, is it?

Sometimes I think it's the people complaining about the complaints who have ulterior motives.

What a bunch of crap...All of this over a $240 bill...WTF?!!!!!!
The OP appears to be in need of a hobby.
The kind of person what while painting his living room spots a nail sticking out of a baseboard and spends 4 hours trying to knock the nail back in a re caulking so it becomes invisible.
Meanwhile, the task at hand goes unfinished

The kind of person what while painting his living room spots a nail sticking out of a baseboard and spends 4 hours trying to knock the nail back in a re caulking so it becomes invisible.

Was about A LOT more, but judging from your name here.... it doesn't matter......

Was about A LOT more, but judging from your name here.... it doesn't matter......
hey look, it appears your case wasted a lot of people's time. You tied up the courts for what app[ears to be an extended period of time.
Psychiatrists? And the temerity of your attorney to bill $250 per hour for travel time?
No wonder the defendant( appellee) fought that amount.
This is an example of what really pisses me off about the civil courts and the people that will avail themselves of the process.
Dude this was a small claims case that ballooned into a legal and logistical nightmare. I read the brief which another poster so graciously provided for all to read.
Look, you deserved to get your money back..
I think you deserved a little something for your aggravation. Maybe $500 or $1k....That's it.
Case closed. No longer in this discussion.

The $240 bill issue was after the complaint, and was dropped by Dish. The issue was that Dish kept drafting his account after he cancelled service, large drafts that wiped out his account. Dish would eventually reverse the drafts (well most of them, some were in dispute).

It would not be a pleasant experience to wake up one day with all your payments/checks bouncing because Dish drained your checking account. And then have it happen again after getting the matter resolved.

While Dish was the culprit in this case, I have a feeling there are a lot of other companies out there with the same potential to have the billing department run amok with essentially corporate indifference to fixing the problem. It took a lawsuit for Dish to finally get their billing department in order. If they had gotten it in order before the suit was filed this argument on attorney fees would never have happened.

It would not be a pleasant experience to wake up one day with all your payments/checks bouncing because Dish drained your checking account. And then have it happen again after getting the matter resolved.

That's why you never leave home without your American Express. (They are the best)

That's why you never leave home without your American Express. (They are the best)
That's why you put Auto-Pay on your Amex (or other credit card) and NEVER directly on a bank account. I would avoid debit cards that are linked to bank accounts, as well. But, most banks do offer at least some protection with debit cards vs EFT transactions directly from the account.

The $240 bill issue was after the complaint, and was dropped by Dish. The issue was that Dish kept drafting his account after he cancelled service, large drafts that wiped out his account. Dish would eventually reverse the drafts (well most of them, some were in dispute).

While Dish was the culprit in this case, I have a feeling there are a lot of other companies out there with the same potential to have the billing department run amok with essentially corporate indifference to fixing the problem. It took a lawsuit for Dish to finally get their billing department in order. If they had gotten it in order before the suit was filed this argument on attorney fees would never have happened.

Thank you Mike, very well stated ..... an additional fact that does NOT appear in the online document is the fact that I had evidence proving Dish was hitting my account DAILY for $2 ..... until that Friday when I got paid.... they then started doing transactions..... if one failed, they would cut in half and tried that.... effectively draining all my funds ....

It was no fun dealing with all the overdrafts created.... on both ends.... the bank, and the merchant ..... but the WORSE was having a 3 year old at home and being the only household income, as my wife stayed home to RAISE our own child ...... Made things very difficult for several months ....

Thanks to everyone here for your support..... I just hope it saves someone from having to go through such a mess ..... Thank You!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts