Dish Network Defies COURT ORDERS ....

Dare2Be ..... we went through ALL of that ..... still nothing.... like I have said..... the offer made by Dish at Arbitration was $1.00.......TOTALLY AN INSULT ....

Dare2Be ..... we went through ALL of that ..... still nothing.... like I have said..... the offer made by Dish at Arbitration was $1.00.......TOTALLY AN INSULT ....

So, to be fair, please tell us what Dish offered prior to the trial.
It also should not be overlooked that, prior to trial, DISH made offers to
settle that would have resulted in a substantially greater award to Mr. Myers than he is
receiving by this judgment.

Yes Voyager, noted in the decision are based on the arguments submitted by DISH to the Appeals Court ...... however, this was not the case found in the transcript of the jury trial and WAS not any basis of the argument posed by Dish at the Appeals level, since at that point it was all about the attorney fees .... .... I am NOT aware of ANY offer other than the $1.00 that was offered while I was present, during Arbitration ....

And, all along all I EVER ask for was my money, any fees caused by their taking of my money, and to pay any attorney fees ..... However, after so many years of putting up with all their crap..... it became more about principal than it did money any longer ....

My biggest complaint now ....... MY PART IS OVER.... just give me my money so I can be out of it ..... Why have they refused to pay me, but nothing about my part of the case was appealed????? I just want it over!!!!!! I feel it is UNREASONABLE for them to hold out on me still!!!!

Last edited:
Yes Voyager, noted in the decision by the arguments submitted by DISH ...... however, this was not the case found in the transcript of the jury trial .... I am NOT aware of ANY offer other than the $1.00 that I was present for during Arbitration ....
I guess that I would be asking my lawyers then what Dish had offered that the Appeals Court noted in their ruling on the fees. The attorneys were obligated to communicate the offer to you. If your attorneys didn't tell you about the offer from Dish, then you have a case against them.

This is not necessarily a defense of Dish, if they did something wrong of course they should pay back what it is. The more I read both the posts and the online info, it's beginning to look like the beef should be more with the lawyers however at this point. There certainly seems like more going on than what it started out to be.

ALSO.... just so those reading this thread are aware ..... I am NOT blindly doing these post ..... I am advising DISH on a daily basis of my post, I e-mail links to all post .... so they are VERY aware.... We as AMERICANS still do have the right of opinion!!!!!

Tampa8

I have agreed with that since the trial was finally over!!!!!

Dish, just needs to follow the court orders and they are done!!!! Whole thing SHOULD have been simple .......

Just and FYI, we ARE talking about a Tampa Lawyer... LOL

Tampa8

I have agreed with that since the trial was finally over!!!!!

Dish, just needs to follow the court orders and they are done!!!!

Just and FYI, we ARE talking about a Tampa Lawyer... LOL
The case was remanded back to the trial court to recalculate the attorneys fees.
IV. CONCLUSION
For the foregoing reasons, we affirm all aspects of this case except for the
award of attorneys' fees. We reverse that award and remand for entry of an order
awarding fees based on the lodestar amount alone, which the trial court must
recalculate without including travel time.

Affirmed in part, reversed in part, and remanded.
DAVIS and WALLACE, JJ., Concur.

I understand ..... planning on reading full transcripts of Appeals court records ... but doing anything further...... FORGET IT.... tired of it all!!!

Yeah.... that just means the attorney will get about $88,500 instead of the 176K awarded by the local court .......

He better AT LEAST take me and my wife to a NICE dinner......

My wife and I have a bet going .... the contingency agreement was he getting 33 1/3 of the settlement ..... I bet he will take it ..... my wife thinks he has made so much on the case.... he won't ..... HE WILL.... he's an attorney!!!!!

When doesnt Charlie not listen or have a lawsuit :D :)
I used to work for a large corporation. Rest assured, being sued is a normal part of business. Former employees suing, customers suing, being part of class-action lawsuits (one example: because parts that the company stopped using 30 years ago contained a harmful material - purchased parts at that, mind you!), and so on.

Wonder if Dish or the Judge would be interested to see this thread if Dish did make an offer to the attorney, and it never got passed to the client and how it would affect the outcome.

We now have to go back to local courts to get a JUDGEMENT against DISH so we can start taking property.

Wonder if you could get their transmission equipment that sends the local channels (ABC, CBS, NBC ....) back to the uplink center?

That would sure as hell get their attention lol.

If we get Seizure August 3rd .... I'm going to Denver!!!! Or maybe even Wyoming.... their UPLINK!!!!!

Why play locally, if I have to make an impact, go for the core of their business!!!!

Wonder if Dish or the Judge would be interested to see this thread if Dish did make an offer to the attorney, and it never got passed to the client and how it would affect the outcome.
I'm not 100% certain, but in many cases the client allows their attorney to make decisions for them. The attorney doesn't have to consult with the client every time. If not, the attorney could easily claim that there was an oral agreement between client/attorney to not accept anything less than "X".

If we get Seizure August 3rd .... I'm going to Denver!!!! Or maybe even Wyoming.... their UPLINK!!!!!

Why play locally, if I have to make an impact, go for the core of their business!!!!
The case is over. Dish did not contest the amount awarded to you. Dish contested the amount to be paid in attorneys fees. The Appeals Court agreed with Dish that the amount for the attorneys was calculated incorrectly. The Trial Court will now recompute the attorneys fees based upon the Appeals Court ruling. You should get your money when the Trial Court issues the new award (for attorneys fees) provided that the amount isn't ridiculous like the first amount.

I find it funny that some person explodes onto the forum about some case he has against Dish, railing on and on... yet seems less familiar with his case than some complete stranger who looked it up.

I ALWAYS told my attorney to make sure HE gets paid ... and my 1K .... all I was ever interested in .... however, after putting almost 10 years of work .... it became impossible to negotiate without including his fees .....

Hall ..... Yes, he is required to notify me of any offer .... all records from county records or any other record do I see ANY other offers made. As I stated, it included MAKING SURE he was paid for his work.....

I sincerely hope that is the case Voyager, but so far.... NOT, the courts have set a hearing for August 3rd for Judgement to collect.... From what I understand, the recalculation has been completed ..... and ordered .....

I have my fingers crossed they will end this before that!!!!

I find it funny that some person explodes onto the forum about some case he has against Dish, railing on and on... yet seems less familiar with his case than some complete stranger who looked it up.

From my iPhone. (no like button)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts