Hopper crashing while creating timers

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Not sure if this is a known issue - I tried searching but didn't come up with anything...

I got one Hopper and two Joeys today to replace a 622 and a 211. This evening I've been trying to re-create my timers on the Hopper. I have about 50 timers total. So far I've only gotten 18 of them in and the Hopper has crashed on me 3 times.

First time: entered the info for a Seek & Record timer, clicked the Create button, got the screen that says searching for matching events. Sat on that screen for a minute or so (only took 10-15 seconds on others when it works right), then screen went black and it started rebooting.

Second time: similar to the first one except that I clicked Create, it searched for matching items, then went back to the screen where you select all the different settings for the timer (normally it goes back to the search screen when it works right). I clicked Create again, it thought about that for a few seconds, then crashed and rebooted.

Third time: similar to second one but when it came back to the timer setup screen this time I clicked Cancel. It went back to the search screen and I thought it would be OK, but a few seconds later it crashed and rebooted with no warning.

So unfortunately I've got three slightly different scenarios, which I know is a nightmare for software troubleshooting/debugging. Anybody else seen such behavior? Maybe my brand new Hopper is a dud. I can watch TV on it just fine and both Joeys seem to be working fine also. Hopper is running 212 software.

Just a guess but you probably should have waited a day before creating seek & record timers.

Sent from my DROIDX

Just a guess but you probably should have waited a day before creating seek & record timers.

Sent from my DROIDX

Why? I waited for it to finish downloading all the guide data. That's not good enough?

Hopper has been online for two full days now and I'm still having the same problem. It's also happening when creating regular timers (i.e. choose a future show out of the guide and select "Record This Series"). The Diagnostics screen says "Last Connect" is 6/19 so I think it went out and looked for updates last night like it's supposed to.

Any ideas? Maybe I should delete all the timers and start over? The ones I have managed to create (about 20) seem to be working correctly and recording the shows they're supposed to...

Also crashes if I go into the daily schedule and skip a show. Or change the priority of a DVR timer. Basically anything that makes it go through the list of timers and update the daily schedule again.

If a power off reset doesn't fix it, you probably have bad equipment. It should not behave that way. Call tech support or contact a DIRT member.

If a power off reset doesn't fix it, you probably have bad equipment. It should not behave that way. Call tech support or contact a DIRT member.

Did a hard reset yesterday afternoon, seems to be behaving better now. I'll keep an eye on it over the weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts