Dish Network Earnings Call Recap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Worst case senerio ifyou have to pull all dvr's out of service in reguards to TIVO whats your thoughs about that.

(charlie) I dont think negatively, being a satcaster I think very positively, so we havent thought about it.
What???:confused: Since when does a CEO not consider Risk Management as part of their professional responsibilities to the company and shareholders?:confused: If this statement is true, then Charlie is negligent. If false, then Mr. Ergen is not being truthful. I guess we know why Dish Network has been losing customers for four straight quarters.

Charlie (in the month of June we will see some disruptions as we complete the smart card swap in conjunction with the digital transition.)

Sounds like June customer service calls could get really ugly between the digital transition and completion of the smart card switch (everyone has the new card?). This is going to be interesting

What???:confused: Since when does a CEO not consider Risk Management as part of their professional responsibilities to the company and shareholders?:confused: If this statement is true, then Charlie is negligent. If false, then Mr. Ergen is not being truthful. I guess we know why Dish Network has been losing customers for four straight quarters.

Actually, there isn't a CEO who would have ever answered that question, and the questioner is pretty dumb expecting anybody to answer it as it shows his is a freshman. Charlie is no worse, and, in fact, better than most of his competitors or other officers who answer questions like politicians during these quarterly calls. Par for the course. Remember, these quarterly calls are for the peasants and the companies don't like them. None of the corporate officers who answer these questions during quarterly calls answers all that honestly. These calls for all companies is always an exercise of obfuscation.

I guess we know why Dish Network has been losing customers for four straight quarters.
I've seen this claim a couple of times but I can't figure out where it is coming from. DISH's first net customer loss was Q4 2008 and their second was Q1 2009. Are you forecasting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)