Dish Network Earnings Call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish Network is holding its quarterly earnings call.

I am on the line trying to listen in, however things at the office are nuts today so I might miss some things.

I am hoping other staff members can call in and recap interesting bits as well. :)

Charlie says DirecTV is operating better then DirecTV.

He says Customer Service has slipped and he is going around working on it as of February 1st.

Charlie says that yesterday they launched 22 channels and that is competitive.

Charlie says some of the churn is because of Pirarcy (huh?) and says this summer they will patch holes in their system.

Carl Vogell says the 700MHZ spectrum is for mobile use. He says Echostar could make portable media players for Dish. he says they are a long long long way from doing anything with the 700mhz spectrum.

Charlie says that the two satellite launches are still going to happen this year and they will make the 100 LIL cities.

Question about the VOOM channels.

Charlie says the rest of the VOOM channels will be going away soon. He says there is no demand for the VOOM channels.

Q
Voom channels what does this mean in lt carriage of these channels,
A:
Charlie the Voom channels we are going to take the Voom channels down have already took down 2/3 rdaand will take down the rest when we can; We can replace those channels with other channels of comperative value.

Question about the VOOM channels.

Charlie says the rest of the VOOM channels will be going away soon. He says there is no demand for the VOOM channels.

He must be tasting crow on that one, after touting Voom in the past.

So he doesn't think they're worth much, and will replace them with channels of "comparable value?" Meaning channels of little worth?

Q:
It is fair to say retention spending is down?
A:
I don't think it is down, we need to look at the churn numbers.
we have lost customers because of HD , we need to upgrade the mpeg2 users to mpeg4 as alot of those customers didn't know they could get new channels.

Actually I wonder what the actal audience of the VOOM chanels was. i suspect quire small but i do not know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)