Dish Network Expands Local High Definition Markets

Can the HD locals be remaped to the local numbers like the SD locals. I get OTA HD locals and SD Dish remapped locals. Where will the HD locals on Dish fit into the remapping.

Can the HD locals be remaped to the local numbers like the SD locals. I get OTA HD locals and SD Dish remapped locals. Where will the HD locals on Dish fit into the remapping.
Yes they can be and are remapped to the same number as the local analog channel. If you check some of my recent uplink activity reports you will find the mapdown at the end of the lines. In the previous Digisat reports you can find the mapdown right after the channel number (enclosed in parenthesis in red). Quite frequently the mapdown does not showup until the channel becomes available.

Quick question -- I'm confused about the 61.5 signal. I live up in Green Bay and I have the ViP 622 receiver with the 1k.2 dish. It looks like I get 119, 110 and 129 for signals right now.

How can I get another? Would I need a second dish antenna mounted or can the DISH 1000 receive four signals at once?

A day or two after Milwaukee HD locals went live I received an email from Dish stating that I could get a free upgrade (new dish pointed at 61.5) if I committed to 24 months, or it was a $59 charge. They'll be out on Tuesday to do my install.

For you, since you are moving, maybe wait till you move, and try to get all the upgrades you want, a 722, plus wing dish at 61.5, plus a free install at the new place with the dish moving program, which maybe they will do under one 24month commitment... it is worth a try.

Hope this hasn't been said before but has anyone heard any word on Hd locals for Greenville N.C market. I've heard that they are uplinked and maybe turned on in the near future. But I didn't hear it from here and I tend to trust more info from here lol than else where. So any info on this would be helpful and appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts