Dish Network Expands National Hd Line-up

Patience is a virtue and if some of you flakes will simply wait dish will have every hd channel that direct tv offers as neither one of them are going to stay behind the other one for long. I guarantee that dish network and direct tv will always stay ahead of cable when it comes to the number of channels they offer and the added programming like hd so just sit back and wait and everyone will be happy in the long run.

Any idea if SCI-FI-HD and USA-HD will be in thw 29.99 package?Dish hasnt updated its packages yet?

Interesting timing. Advertising sometimes causes people to take action. I wonder if D* had this particular action in mind when they started running this recent ad? Note the logos :)

Talon Dancer

Good point. D* knew E* subs wanting those channels. E* did the same thing a few years ago. Easy target audience. D* advertises in area where E* doesn't offer local HD and uses the opportunity to lock in customers. D* has been forming stronger relationship with NBCU with programs like Friday Night Lights on 101.

If they had done this a month ago, people would be saying "Yay dish, at least they're starting to add some wanted channels", but because this dragged on and on, the feeling and perception of a lot Dish Customers is "It's about f'n time, when will you get the other stuff up?"

Even if they had gotten it up the day before the first episode of BSG, there would be a lot less complaining, but Dish really dropped the PR ball on this one.

So you'll be hard pressed to find people who are going to suddenly stop being angry with what we're seeing out of Dish. It's not about 3 channels that are brand new that Dish added the day they launched, we're talking about 3 channels that Direct and several cable companies have already had for a few months.

Dish customers feel cheated, and it's going to take a lot more of these Fridays to erase that perception.

I won't totally disagree with you. And certainly DISH dropped the ball on the SCI-FI/BSG saga. I had told my wife and a DISH csr that if DISH did nothing by the end of April regarding more hd, that I would pay the $50 cancellation fee and go back to D. Now, I'm happy that DISH seems to be listening and I believe they realize the error of their ways. I'll stick it out now until the end of my 18 month comm.(Aug) and then reevaluate the situation. If they continue to add hd, like I now believe they will, I'll stay put.

If they had done this a month ago, people would be saying "Yay dish, at least they're starting to add some wanted channels", but because this dragged on and on, the feeling and perception of a lot Dish Customers is "It's about f'n time, when will you get the other stuff up?"

Even if they had gotten it up the day before the first episode of BSG, there would be a lot less complaining, but Dish really dropped the PR ball on this one.

So you'll be hard pressed to find people who are going to suddenly stop being angry with what we're seeing out of Dish. It's not about 3 channels that are brand new that Dish added the day they launched, we're talking about 3 channels that Direct and several cable companies have already had for a few months.

Dish customers feel cheated, and it's going to take a lot more of these Fridays to erase that perception.

Like D* subs felt when they had 8 and E* had more? I think not. I never felt cheated and am happy with what I have now. Besides, it's a pain in the ass to switch. I can wait for E* to add more. I can only watch so much and, I have more than enough HD programming to satisfy my needs right now. HD or the delay in HD channels is not a deal breaker for me and, I suspect not a deal breaker for the large majority of existing E* subscribers either.

The PQ improvement is nice. But, one can tell there is definitely a lot of improvement that can be made. This is the first time I have seen BSG in HD on SciFi. I have watched the HD-DVD season one. One can definitely tell the HD-DVD is 10x better. It is like going from SciFi SD to HD over again. BSG is a difficult show to compress given its dark gritty, grainy look.

The other annoying thing is that they do not zoom the 16:9 programming to 16:9 but leave it as letterboxed 4:3. Don't get me wrong, I do not want stretchovision but taking the effort to display 16:9 programming in 16:9 would be nice.

You can zoom it yourself. Not the same as HD, but it would take up the whole screen... Or at least most of it.

There's probably going to be a couple of DirecTV installers with jobs cancelling at the door.

This news is somewhat bad for those who begrudgingly jumped ship in the last few weeks to what they felt was an inferior service.

I got D about 6 weeks ago (still have Dish) and I don't regret it at all. By cutting my Dish to HD only I used that money with the D* deal to where I get both services for virtually the same money. And believe me E* adding 3 channels does not take D* out, not even close. D* still has more National, more movie channels, a VOD system that blows E* away, media sharing between my computers and receiver and more. So no I don't regret getting *D and even if I didn't keep E* I still wouldn't be regretting it.

At some point they will need to do away with all of the SD channels, in order to free up bandwidth eaten up by duplicates. To do that, they need to have all receivers be MPEG4 and HD. The questions is whether they'll make receivers that receive HD and downrez just so they can continue charging the HD customers extra - or will they force everyone to buy into HD, or will they eventually drop HD fees when HD has become mainstream? I wonder if the current line of SD receivers can actually receive and downrez HD? Also wonder when my 622 will have the option to stop showing me the SD channels where they are duplicates?

Patience is a virtue and if some of you flakes will simply wait dish will have every hd channel that direct tv offers as neither one of them are going to stay behind the other one for long. I guarantee that dish network and direct tv will always stay ahead of cable when it comes to the number of channels they offer and the added programming like hd so just sit back and wait and everyone will be happy in the long run.

Well, it's not just this satellite forum. You see this type of personality disorder in every other forum out there, be it computers, televisions, toasters, or corn flakes. Bitching is their way of life. Their families live a hellish existence too listening to personal attacks and criticisms about anything they do or say. It ain't pretty let me tell you.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts