Dish Network FlexTV Questions..

It appears that the only disadvantage of the flex vs the old system is that you have to do a month at a time, day on/day off no longer seems to be an option. It seems without a CC/SSN you can still remain pretty anonymous.

Gone. Only DP301 & Software P396 now appear on that unit now.

Gone, but I was out of days. My GDMP finished up on Monday and given the uncertainty and, then, upcoming chat I held off. A number of menu options and the interactive features work, at least more than did under DishNow.

$9.99 plus tax, they said, and I see a $10.54 temporary authorization on that credit card.

If the Previews and PIs stay "forever" (till 8PSK obsoletes the DP301s) then $10.54 seems cheap to me. My other, not yet Flexed, DishNow receiver is still working as it did, naggy, but usable.

I look forward to hearing how it goes with your 118 setup when the day comes.

teched,

Did they give you an account number so you could can manage your account online or do you have to wait for something in the mail to show up? I guess you can try to setup online account with R# and zip code.

When I convert I am going to try to get the dishnow 301 and the dishnow 3900 onto the same account for the $5 additional receiver fee. That way I only pay $15 to convert the 2 boxes. That request oughtta throw em for a loop! :rolleyes:
I am waiting for them to tell me, oh the 3900 is not a supported receiver for flex then it is time to call corp offices again.

I will try to select the option for espanhol and go straight to the spanish call center since dishlatino call center always answered dishnow calls anyway.

I had added the remainder of my moneypak for Dishlatino Max after the info from the chat came out too so I could get BBC America for the weekend, was only a few dollars left but still.

Since Caminho ended and the 1st week of Viver was a bust I have not added anymore tv globo for now, but when I do I will try it through my directv sub for a month to see how the pic quality is over their and the precision of the local ad insertion vs the dish ads which would run over into globo programming sometimes. I installed the 95 west directv int sat a year ago in case this day would come. Have been getting their international previews on my directv sub off the 95 location including MHZ worldview.

alright guys dish keeps whatever special packages you signed into going as long as you do not remove the pack.....i.e. if you signed into the turbohd pack adn dont remove .....you are grandfathered in on that type......as for flex tv it is a pay in advance accnt , not that much different from free for all ....ive enclosed the link to the explanation of flex .........enjoy

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/legal/FlexTVFinal.pdf

Did they give you an account number so you could can manage your account online or do you have to wait for something in the mail to show up? I guess you can try to setup online account with R# and zip code.

Yes they gave me my account number (I asked for it but then lost it). I was able to log in to the online account but it didn't show my programming until this morning.

Just converted, took them less than 5 minutes for setup of both dishnow receivers onto one flex account. Went the english route and landed with a CSR who said she was in TX, at first it seemed like they didnt know what I was talking about, but then after about 30 seconds they knew where to start, I had asked about superstations pack and they said they couldnt find it, but had no problem giving me the welcome pack. Total cost was $16.97 for 9.99 welcome pack without locals and additional receiver fee and FL tax. I requested my account number at the end of the conversation and immediately went online and was able to setup my online account with the account number, phone number I provided, and zip code.

Online I notice my service address has my street address then has the word "FLEX" at the end. Online under add programming I also notice superstaions pack is available but it is listed under local channels if you want to add it, dishlatino is listed under international. For international, I know TV Globo is supposed to be available to FLEX on an al carte basis but it isn't showing that way as an option only $45 portuguese pack, I think maybe you might need to have locals added before it will allow it.

While I was still on the phone I got the hit and the channels in welcome pack like weather channel 214 came on with 65 days left dishnow nag, after about 5 minutes the dishnow nags stopped and the sys info screen no longer reports dishnow next to the model numbers and the dishnow phone number has been replaced by the regular dish number. After 30 minutes I did a hard reboot and pulled the power cords for 15 seconds and then powered back up again just to be sure dishnow features had been permanetly removed. Afterwards both former dishnow receivers, the 3900 with v355 software and the 301 with v452 software hd now been rebooted and I noticed a few new features. Dish Earth channel 212 is now viewable. Channel 100 and The Weather channel 214 is interactive on the 301 model. KBS World 9850 (@118) and all the PI channels are showing, DAWN 748, and EURO 752 channel free international previews are showing off of the 118 satellite, and I will have to hook up my 129 and 61.5 lines to see what's up there and report back.

PS: to steelers, the former missing flags dishnow prepaid channels like the N 181 & 9903 118 satellite info card are showing in the guide on FLEX.

Last edited:
Need more info

I am so happy there is a place I can get information as DISH provides very little. I just found out that I can no longer get pre-paid for a few days at a time, which I LOVED!! I still have questions about the flex:

1. Will the pre-paid receivers work for flex?
2. Can I get regional sports? I assume I can with the proper programing.
3. How much are the termination or reconnect fees?
4. Do you have to pay for one complete month?
5. What are other options? (besides going without)

Difference

The only difference betwenn Flex and Dish Now is that you have more options in hardware to purchase and you can go up to 4 TV's.

No, you cannot purchase Flex for one day, one weekend or one week as you could with Pre-paid and Green Dot Money Pack.

What is included in the "welcome pack"? It's not listed on the DISH website that I can see.

I am so happy there is a place I can get information as DISH provides very little. I just found out that I can no longer get pre-paid for a few days at a time, which I LOVED!! I still have questions about the flex:

1. Will the pre-paid receivers work for flex?

Of course.

2. Can I get regional sports? I assume I can with the proper programing.

Yes, with the right package.

3. How much are the termination or reconnect fees?

$0 to sign up as a former dishnow receiver owner with a purple smartcard, $0 to terminate walk away after your first pay in advance month ends, $5 to reconnect if you want to or have renew beyond the 5 days grace period at the end of your pay in advance month.

4. Do you have to pay for one complete month?
Yes

5. What are other options? (besides going without)

Keeping your box in dishnow doorstopper mode because you don't want to go through the hassle of converting for at least one month at only $9.99.

Sadly, per day seems to be gone but you can still do a month at a time.
The old dishnow was better but let's face it everybody we got spoiled using greendot. If you add in the $5 fee we were paying greendot then it isnt much different then the old dishnow PINs to just keep 9.99 welcome pack running because you can pay via credit card and avoid the greendot expenses.

teched,

I found how you can add any of the ala carte internationals like TV Globo, when you go into add programming it isn't under international since those are only the expensive international packages, instead it is down at the bottom of the page where it says view additional programming, this takes you to another page with an international ala carte drop down box with all the internationals.

What is included in the "welcome pack"? It's not listed on the DISH website that I can see.

107 Comedy Central
110 Food Network
112 Home & Garden
120 History
127 Oxygen
128 Women’s Entertainment
130 AMC
139 TBS
161 MTV2
166 Country Music
175 Boomerang
179 Discovery Kids
183 Learning Channel
185 Hallmark
203 Bloomberg Info TV
209 MSNBC
214 Weather

+ a bunch of other free preview, shopping and public info channels.

So I called back and they were able to add KTLA ala carte for a month for $1.50. I like having a west coast CW to avoid recording conflicts. I selected option 2 add programming, then option 3 international/ala carte on the phone line which avoids a $5 customer service fee which you get on option 2, I explained how I had asked about superstations pack when I activated several hours earlier and they could not find them since they are under locals. This worked out better anyway since I didnt have to buy the whole superstations pack. I also had them put a note on my account that I already have international dish 500+ / 118 satellite setup from dishnow for future international ordering purposes.

i'm a current dishnow subscriber with about week left of dish family. pondering the switch to flex. i know that i can manage my flex acct online which includes various payment options. i've read in another thread that using a green dot money pack is an option....anyone confirm this?

also, when on the phone with csr converting to flex i will need to pay in advance for the first month. will the csr accept payment with a gdmp? ty.

They take it after your setup for sure, I see it listed as a payment option.

During setup I didn't ask, but figure it's probably fine. Have a CC ready just in case. Even a visa/gift CC would work.

I am wondering about any phone line requirements for multiple receiver flex account holders, They didn't say anything on the phone about it, I connected a phone line and went to channel 100 and it dialed out, but then it said it couldn't connnect or something, maybe their line was busy. Will have to try again later.

Also connected 61.5 and 129. Found all the PIs like Arts and PNTG at 61.5. Then I connected 129 and it only found te 129 test card and 3 PIs star, 3abn, alma. The recent uplink shows that 9405 Arts and 9406 PNTG were added at 129 but arent showing up. Now I see on the list they are not available to subs yet but are QPSK.

Today I tryed it again and it dialed in from channel 100 interactive and then said this account is not eligible or something. Just pointing out some of the changes with flex.

I just found out about it the hard way this weekend at my camp site. I liked the day to day option and was upset to find out it was discontinued. I ended up adding a month of Silver250 or whatever on both of my 301 recievers. They took $18 from my GDMP, and the remainder (about $55) from my Credit Card. I don't like it since I'm only at my camper on weekends. But what choice do I have at this point. I'll find a better solution eventually. Looking like DirecTV as add on receivers in the near future.

As I understand it it, you should be able to...

Just go online switch one of the recievers to a cheap package like local $10 a month and turn the second one off. Should then have a credit on your account.

Then bump them back up to whatever you want when your heading back up there.

Did the switchover to FLEX...

After finding out about the demise of DishNow last week, I called Dish (regular number) on Saturday to discuss my options. Since I already had a 301 with the G3 (purple) card and it had been activated all I had to do (after they switched me to the FLEX area) was give them some more information, pick the programming I wanted (Dish Family plus locals, since local reception is awful in Myrtle Beach without a roof antenna) and give them the credit card info to prepay for one month ($24.99 + tax). I am still in MD but my wife was there and programming came on in 10 minutes or so and seems to be fine.

I questioned the fellow about whether I should get a regular account (no committment since I already own and have installed the equipment) or FLEX and he basically stated they were the same. The way it was explained to me, I can turn everything off and they want $5/month for up to six months to keep it turned off and can turn it back on/up anytime with no fee. Since I plan on cutting it off in the next 10 days, I should have a credit and they are sending a paper bill, but I plan to pay by phone or maybe now online. They didn't want an activation fee or anything else.

This seems pretty decent to me now, since we can get locals, the regional sports channels and as far as I can tell pretty much all of the other programming and features and still turn it off when not there. Haven't mentioned it to my wife but I'll have her check Channel 100 for the interactive feature too.

I can live with it and we don't have the $4.95 GDMP fees anymore so none of the hassle of buying the thing, just pay online or by phone. :):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)