Dish Network FlexTV Questions..

If you have multiple receivers on 1 prepay flex account, when you order a ppv does it let you watch it on all the receivers on your account or just 1?

Also if you have multiple receivers on one account do they only charge $5 extra per receiver or do you have to pay for a months worth of programming for each receiver?

1 more question, how many receivers can you have total on one prepay flex account?

I have not ordered a PPV but you must order and pay for ppv online, so I would assume all receivers on your account are turned on. Really how many receivers do you need to watch one ppv on anyway?

They only charge a $5 mirroring fee for each additional solo tuner receiver, dual tuner you pay nothing if connected to phone line. You dont pay for monthly programming on each additional box just the primary one on your account.

I think there is a 4 tuner limit.

I have a couple of questions about FlexTV:

1) Has anyone gotten the 1¢ Cinemax deal on either of the welcome packages (either English or Spanish)? I read a few pages back that one poster was told that the penny Cinemax deal wasn't applicable on the welcome packs, and the lowest qualifying package was Dish Family. I am really interested in the Spanish Welcome Pack + KTLA at the moment, mainly to augment my cable subscription - and if I could get in on the Cinemax deal, all the better.

2) Could you buy a regular postpaid receiver off of eBay or Craigslist and use it on FlexTV (assuming that it was clear for activation with a $0 balance, of course)? If so, would there be an activation fee for adding it to an existing account?

You cannot activate anything for flex except a former dishnow receiver or a new flex receiver. I have welcome pack no locals and KTLA ala carte, They offered me the penny cinemax for a year deal if I would sign up for autopay. I said no thanks. The dish latino welcome pack supposedly has CNN instead of MSNBC, what is not clear is whether you get CNN or CNN en espanol. If you sign up for this please let us know.

I have not ordered a PPV but you must order and pay for ppv online, so I would assume all receivers on your account are turned on. Really how many receivers do you need to watch one ppv on anyway?

They only charge a $5 mirroring fee for each additional solo tuner receiver, dual tuner you pay nothing if connected to phone line. You dont pay for monthly programming on each additional box just the primary one on your account.

I think there is a 4 tuner limit.

Thanks for the answers :) I appreciate it

Ther is some misinformation going on here, you Can activate a receiver other than a dish now receiver. i have activated a 508 on my flex account and all features work and no dvr fee. Also if you need service ask for a warrenty repair and they will come out for free had a tech out ran all new RG6 and repointed my dish for FREE.took him 2 hours too.:D

Misinformation seems to be what prepay/dishnow/flex is all about. :D

Everyone is/was being told different things even when calling them.
IMO, It's definately not for impatience people, gotta be willing to go with the flow.

I have welcome pack no locals and KTLA ala carte, They offered me the penny cinemax for a year deal if I would sign up for autopay. I said no thanks. The dish latino welcome pack supposedly has CNN instead of MSNBC, what is not clear is whether you get CNN or CNN en espanol. If you sign up for this please let us know.
Thanks for the info! I was able to successfully get the Latino Welcome Pack ($9.99), KTLA ($1.50) and 1¢/yr. Cinemax for signing up for Autopay last night. BTW, CNN en Español is the one included in the latino welcome pack. Even though I don't speak Spanish (though I'd like to learn) I went ahead and got the Latino Welcome Pack. The main reason I opted for a Spanish package is because I already have a cable subscription, and it would have been redundant for me to have gotten either the English Welcome Pack or my local channels, since I have those already.

One thing I can recommend to anyone converting is to choose the Spanish option when you call the 4132 number (option 2 I believe). Subsequent prompts will be in English (like when they say "please wait while we connect your call" or something to that effect) but the operator will answer in Spanish. Don't worry about that, I believe that all of the Spanish operators are bi-lingual so you'll still be able to get everything going through them.

I made a mistake when I chose the English option in the prompts, because as best as I can tell, I was just transferred to a regular Dish CSR. You don't want this at all, as you need to speak to the former DishNOW/FlexTV department to get converted over the correct way. At first, the regular dish CSR tried to set up a flextv account the "normal" way, instead of converting, with the large activation fee which doesn't apply in our case.

A surefire way to see if you've reached the right rep is to ask how much the activation fee for the account will be. If they say $0, then you've probably reached the right person. Anything higher than that, probably not.

Once I reached the right operator (Spanish speaking) the whole conversion process took about 10 minutes.
Ther is some misinformation going on here, you Can activate a receiver other than a dish now receiver. i have activated a 508 on my flex account and all features work and no dvr fee. Also if you need service ask for a warrenty repair and they will come out for free had a tech out ran all new RG6 and repointed my dish for FREE.took him 2 hours too.:D
Very interesting info! Thanks for that! :)

If I added another box to my account that was previously used, would the regular FlexTV activation fee be assessed for that? Or does that fee only apply when you first open the account (obviously waived in the case of a former DishNOW account)?
Misinformation seems to be what prepay/dishnow/flex is all about. :D

Everyone is/was being told different things even when calling them.
IMO, It's definately not for impatience people, gotta be willing to go with the flow.
Very true. I have seen this a bunch with Sprint - sometimes you have to play CSR roulette to get a simple task completed.

Last edited:
2) Could you buy a regular postpaid receiver off of eBay or Craigslist and use it on FlexTV (assuming that it was clear for activation with a $0 balance, of course)? If so, would there be an activation fee for adding it to an existing account?

Thanks in advance! :)

dotnull,

Did you use a dishnow box or are you also confirming now that they allowed you to activate a regular dish receiver for free under the flex terms? I remember back in april you said you had a dishnow box.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-network-prepaid-question-31.html#post1778086

If so what kind of receiver was it, and I assume it was from a clear account and something you got off of ebay that already had a married purple card.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-network-prepaid-question-31.html#post1778086

Last edited:
dotnull,

Did you use a dishnow box or are you also confirming now that they allowed you to activate a regular dish receiver for free under the flex terms? I remember back in april you said you had a dishnow box.

If so what kind of receiver was it, and I assume it was from a clear account and something you got off of ebay that already had a married purple card.
Yes, I converted the DishNOW 301 from the post that you referenced from April. In my previous post I was mainly curious about Dish Network's current policies regarding equipment eligible to be used on FlexTV.

Dish just posted the following to their retailers website..

DishNOW/DishYA Conversion Phone Number As of September 24, 2009 DISH Network is offering a conversion promotion to our existing pre-paid DishNOW/DishYA customers. Please have these customers contact 1-888-347-4132 to complete the conversion to a permanent DISH Network account so they may be activated properly and receive all appropriate credits that may be due. This is the same phone number that customers have been using to add programming for the DishNOW/DishYA program.

Scott,

That is what we have been doing but it would be nice if the customer could have something in writing about flex and how all this flex stuff really works since each person gets a slightly different story each time they call.

spanish welcome pak

what are the channels names for spanish pack and are locals included? dont see anywhere what channels are in the spanish pack

how much are sho,cinimax,hbo,tmc ? can i get locals only?
According to my online account, both Showtime and Starz are $12.99 each and HBO is $15.99. TMC is included with the Showtime package if memory serves from my DishNOW days.

You can choose to get just locals, but you would be subject to a Service Access Fee of $6, plus the cost of the locals package (which appears to be $5.99). Personally, I would just get one of the welcome packs + locals, since it's only ~$3 more than just locals and affords you a decent amount more channels.
what are the channels names for spanish pack and are locals included? dont see anywhere what channels are in the spanish pack
I believe the Welcome Packs (both Spanish and English) are $14.99 with locals, and $9.99 without them. Keep in mind that you can add 1¢/yr Cinemax (if you opt in to autopay) which would give you access to the five Cinemax channels that Dish Network currently offers.

Here is a rough list of what I am able to view on the Latino Welcome Pack, as of last night. I have excluded any of the preview channels that I am aware of so as not to pollute the list with transient channels. There could be some errors on this list, since it is a first draft of sorts. Some are shopping/junk channels too, but I went ahead and included them anyway to let you be the judge for what is junk and what isn't. :)

Most channel names were excerpted from the Dish Channel Chart.

72 ASCC
84 Home Shopping Network
85 Satellite Response Network (Infomercials)
86 Jewelry Television by ACN
99 SNEAK Long Form Commercial Channel
100 Dish Home Interactive TV (Open TV portal)
101 Dish Network FYI
102 Dish Preview Channel
104 Satellite Response Interactive. (Infomercials)
115 Style
117 TV Guide Network
123 Sirius Music Channel Promo
127 Oxygen Network
134 ShopNBC
137 QVC
139 TBS
161 MTV2
165 Sirius Music Preview Channel
185 Hallmark Channel
210 C-SPAN
212 Dish Earth
213 NASA TV
214 The Weather Channel
240 NPS Info
259 Inspiration Network
260 Trinity Broadcasting Network
261 Eternal Word TV Net US
262 Angel One
264 KTV
265 China Central TV 9 (CCTV 9 English)
266 Angel 2
267 Christian TV Network
270 Univisión (Este)
271 Telefutura (Este)
273 Galavisión (Este)
298 Dish Pay Per View Guide
454-469 Sports PPV
500-534 Regular PPV
827 Univisión (Este)
828 Univisión (Oeste)
829 Dish Network FYI
830 Telefutura (Este)
833 Galavisión (Este)
835 Telemundo
855 Fox Sports en Español
859 CNN Español
870 Hit TV
872 MTV Tr3s (MTV Español)
873 Boomerang SAP
883 Shop Latino Television
884 CCTV-E (China) (Español)
888 Discovery Kids
890 AMC (American Movie Classics)
919 Sirius Music Preview Channel
9399 Christian TV Network

Public Interest Channels

9400 Research Channel
9401 HITN (Hispanic Info & Telecomm. Net.)
9403 BYU-TV (Brigham Young Univ. TV)
9404 C-SPAN
9407 Colours TV
9409 TBN
9410 Link TV
9411 NAUHS (N. Arizona University House)
9412 UCTV (University of California TV)
9414 V-ME
9415 Free Speech TV
9417 EWTN

Last edited:
Something really F'D up happened when I accessed my Dish FlexTV account online.

I went just to check and make sure my last payment for state tax on a PPV had been paid(for some reason, the final cost of the PPV was not taken out of my GDMP, and it is a good thing I went back into my account, and found the state tax charge, and paid it off using the the same GDMP), and on my STATEMENT BALANCE it said I had incurred charges of $411.36.

WTF!?! So I called Dish using the 888-347-4132 number. I asked the guy I was talking too about it and he said it might just be a misprint on the page itself because all of the info that he was ALLOWED to see was correct.

But this really pissed me off, and scared me as well. I made damn sure while talking to the guy on the phone that my account was setup as a prepaid, and that anything I wanted to get had to be prepaid first online, or by check. Also, that if I did not pay the bill, that the service will automatically shut off, and I will not be liable for anything since it is prepaid(CAN'T WATCH A PPV EVENT WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT FIRST USING GDMP ONLINE WITH THIS SETUP). He had it listed as a prepaid account, with no CC or SS# from me, so that can't just whack something.

Don't pay, you don't get too watch and it shuts off. Restart, and get charged that $5, plus whatever else it is you order.

But man, this was scary. So I logged out, and then logged back into my account, and this time there was $0 on my STATEMENT BALANCE. WTF!? is going on?

At this point I know that come November 4th, I am officially not going to pay and shut this sucker down.

Very, very frightening.

Something really F'D up happened when I accessed my Dish FlexTV account online.

I went just to check and make sure my last payment for state tax on a PPV had been paid(for some reason, the final cost of the PPV was not taken out of my GDMP, and it is a good thing I went back into my account, and found the state tax charge, and paid it off using the the same GDMP), and on my STATEMENT BALANCE it said I had incurred charges of $411.36.

WTF!?! So I called Dish using the 888-347-4132 number. I asked the guy I was talking too about it and he said it might just be a misprint on the page itself because all of the info that he was ALLOWED to see was correct.

But this really pissed me off, and scared me as well. I made damn sure while talking to the guy on the phone that my account was setup as a prepaid, and that anything I wanted to get had to be prepaid first online, or by check. Also, that if I did not pay the bill, that the service will automatically shut off, and I will not be liable for anything since it is prepaid(CAN'T WATCH A PPV EVENT WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT FIRST USING GDMP ONLINE WITH THIS SETUP). He had it listed as a prepaid account, with no CC or SS# from me, so that can't just whack something.

Don't pay, you don't get too watch and it shuts off. Restart, and get charged that $5, plus whatever else it is you order.

But man, this was scary. So I logged out, and then logged back into my account, and this time there was $0 on my STATEMENT BALANCE. WTF!? is going on?

At this point I know that come November 4th, I am officially not going to pay and shut this sucker down.

Very, very frightening.
I had the exact same thing happen a few minutes ago, it said I owed approximately $250 (even though my monthly package adds up to $11.49 and I've ordered no PPV or other events). Looks like Dish Network is having some pretty odd system issues, because another poster in another thread said that the autopay credit card on his account wasn't his.

Also, when the system glitched and displayed the erroneous amount, it said that I was not enrolled in Autopay, despite the fact that I really was. I logged out and back in like you did, and everything was fine again, including my autopay enrollment status.

Since it is prepaid good luck collecting dish! Remember we are considered the deadbeats here versus the other way around! This is why I would never sign up for autopay, what is preventing the system from flying off the rails and charging an autopay card on file whatever the system whats?

D.D.D.C. Damm Dish Donkey Clowns having major problem today, see here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ization-view-order-program-8.html#post1982824

Just reviewed a daily recording made today from 7:30am eastern to 1pm eastern and did not see any outages.

Last edited:
Since it is prepaid good luck collecting dish! Remember we are considered the deadbeats here versus the other way around! This is why I would never sign up for autopay, what is preventing the system from flying off the rails and charging an autopay card on file whatever the system whats?

D.D.D.C. Damm Dish Donkey Clowns having major problem today, see here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ization-view-order-program-8.html#post1982824

Just reviewed a daily recording made today from 7:30am eastern to 1pm eastern and did not see any outages.
That's the wonderful thing about a credit card. If Dish screws up the billing and refuses to correct it, it's chargeback time! Now, linking Autopay to a debit card or checking account is a completely different story.

where can i see information about this service? Is there a website that explains how much the receivers cost? I have a past due account and this is the only way to get service until i can get my account paid off.

Has S230 corrected EHD transfer problem?

Sound loss on 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)