Dish Network FlexTV Questions..

OK. There is a little relief for me since it appears others are experiencing the same thing.

Just about a minute ago, the same thing occurred. I logged in, and it said my statement balance was $82.46. Then I logged out and logged back in, and now my statement balance was $78.43.

What a complete F up this is turning into. I am just so glad I gave no CC(or Debit Card), and no SS#.

I mean if these online accounts are experiencing these kinds of problems, i am just waiting too see a post where it says that "Dish hit my CC for no F'ing reason!".

Just a matter of time. Not that you could not get it back, but the hassle involved. jeesh. Get your act together Dish.

so its not like prepaid where they have to give you service since you paid for it?

You have to be a new customer or a former customer in good standing. Of course, since you don't need an SSN or CC, they can only tell if you qualify by address and phone number.

I hate this

We had a pretty good satellite service after you went through the nightmare of gettting set up, and now they do this to us.

They say, Great news prepaid customers, we've made things better, we are going to make you pay an access fee now, and other changes too, you are going to like our service so much better.

I called and got a stupid person, so I hung up and called back later and was lucky to get a really smart guy, and he explained it all to me and set me up.

Basically they just convert you over to their regular service and mark you as prepaid and your existing time is transferred over to the new account. You can still use your green dot money pack, so they took my # to pay the difference.

The way it works is you have to pay an access fee of $6.99 a month, then you add on what you want, but if you take their basic welcome package for $9.99 per month, you don't have to pay an access fee. So I figured I would take that basic package, for only $3 more you get some extra channels, but looks like of those channels, you only get 1 or 2 good ones and the rest are just nothing.

Then they send you a bill each month and if you don't pay it, then it shuts off. So that's their prepaid now.

I'm not happy with that, it was better before. But for now, what can I do, but I will look into that KU and C band satellite TV, see what that has to offer, I've seen websites where you can buy programming, looks like the same as what dish offers.

Now my TV just went blank as I'm writing this, now I have nothing, menu is all blank. I hope this isn't a problem, I don't want to call up again. They are really going to make me mad and loose a good customer.

After going into the set up to check my signal on 110 and 119, then when I got out of that, it started to download and my picture came back.

Only now I have all the channels, I only ordered the basic $9.99 welcome pack and a movie channel and I somehow got everything opened up and an extra movie channel. Maybe they give it to you for 1 day to hope you will buy it.

I set up my account on the website so I can log in, and it doesn't even show what I ordered yet, maybe it takes a day.

I'm not going to use a credit card, I don't need any accidental billing, I'm sticking with green dot money pack.

Something doesn't sound right here, you should only be seeing welcome pack channels, the movie channel you ordered and the free preview and PI stuff.

Did you have some dishnow days left of a higher package before you converted?

One person says they need your social security number and address, another person says they dont need the social and address, what is the deal here?

The truth is that you do not need any social security number to have flex tv service, or credit card for that matter but if you use a credit card you can receive cinemax for a penny for a year.But you can use green dot or western union money gram to pay for service, all they need to know is your address where the receiver is for locals and to send you a paper bill if not with auto pay.

Something doesn't sound right here, you should only be seeing welcome pack channels, the movie channel you ordered and the free preview and PI stuff.

Did you have some dishnow days left of a higher package before you converted?

I checked my account online now and it shows the cheap welcome package and starz and that's just what I paid for.

I did have extra money on my dishnow before, but he said he would take all that money and apply it to my new programming. So he canceled my service and then started up a new service and I owed for the basic and my movie channel and it paid for most but I had to give a green dot # to pay the balance.

So I'm paid for a month of the basic, which is basically junk, not worth $9.99 and my movie channel. But I have all the channels working as if I said, give it all to me. Plus I have Cinemax. But I didn't ask for all that.

Maybe like the other person said, they have deals, and maybe he just gave me a deal and gave it to me free for a limited time, but I'm sure not paying for all this when it's renewal time. All I really want is Starz, just so I have something to watch once in a while, I really don't watch TV, I have it on and play with the computer, I only watch if there is something I really want to watch. Like the movie called Sex Drive, that was so funny, but otherwise I don't watch it, it's just on.

I did give my email address to them, but he didn't say I would get a prize for that. I like my prize, I deserve a prize for all the trouble they caused me.

One person says they need your social security number and address, another person says they dont need the social and address, what is the deal here?

They want your address to send you the bill and they want your phone # and name, but he didn't ask me for a SS#, doesn't really matter since I used to have the regular dish service and they have it anyway, but I don't like to give that out, I see no need to do that. It says right on the card, this is not to be used as identification.

and since I had a green dot card, I just gave that to pay, I really didn't want to use a credit card, and after logging in, it shows I have a choice to pay and green dot is one of them. So that's what I will use.

I bet next they will tell us we have to buy new boxes, maybe in 6 months or a year, and if we don't we loose our service.

The biggest problem is the stupid employees that don't know their job, if you can get a good one, then life is so much easier. That's why I just hang up and call back until I get a smart one, but it's not just Dish, I've been getting stupid people at all companies I deal with, there are just so many brain dead people that are working in customer service.

So my receivers have been making clicking sounds for the last week, turns out they have been trying to dial out, also just got my 2nd statement today and it says due 10/23 which is 5 days before my programming is paid up til.

BILLING PROBLEM

That stupid donkey clown:eek: that converted me over somehow didn't apply my remaining balance that I had over to the new system, he said he did, but I got billed for that balance that I had and it's due in 5 days just like the other guy

I'm so damn tired of this, now I have to deal with this, if they make me pay, I will pay it and file a complaint against dish network, if that is what they want, then they will get it. I WILL NEVER GO FOR AUTO PAY, you never know what they are going to do.:rant:

I heard that KU band used to have a service where you could buy these channels from some service and then they moved it over to C Band, I wish so much they would bring it back to KU, I will go out and buy a KU set up and say goodbye to dish, but I don't have room for a C band dish.

HEY KU BAND PROVIDERS, there are plenty of people that will buy the channels on KU band, because we are sick of these problems. Bring the programming to KU and i'll get the equipment right away.:)

Two Receivers

Hello,

Good information from everyone so far. I have cellphone service. I am guessing to add my second pre-paid DP301 receiver to the account I will need a landline?

Thanks
Gary

Just make up a phone number. If you have more than three receivers then you will need a landline or get your receivers shut off if you do not read off the location id numbers.

Hello,

Good information from everyone so far. I have cellphone service. I am guessing to add my second pre-paid DP301 receiver to the account I will need a landline?

Thanks
Gary

I didn't know you needed a phone line plugged in for prepaid. But you should get that magic jack, that is great, I have only cell phones too so I got that for a land line and I haven't had any problems with it and it sounds just like a regular phone line. Only thing is about once every 2 weeks I have to restart the computer when it lost the connection.

Another thing that is great is google voice, you can get a phone # from them and just give that # out, check it out.

I'm still going back and forth with these donkey clowns on my billing problem. Maybe I will add another receiver, I have a 311 from the regular service, I wonder if that will be accepted for a second receiver.

You don't need a landline for 1 or 2 recievers, at least not 301's.
I have 2 running and no number was given, or plugged into either receiver.

I don't know about 3 recievers or the other models though.

They are billing me early also :(

Where did you hear that? Nothing official has ever been stated in writing either way whether there is really a phone line connection requirement for multiple flex receivers. I have the 301 as the primary and the 3900 as a second receiver together on one flex account, both were former dishnow receivers, they both started clicking 10 days in and kept clicking so I finally had to run a cord and plugged them in and dialed out then unplugged again.

D.D.D.C. piss me off too. What gets me really mad is that there is still nothing in the mail or posted on the dish website stating on paper what the flex requirements are and what the fees really are. I have seen that other flex pdf but that is not the exact specifics I am looking for that is more about new flex sub pricing for purchase and activation of new boxes.

I didn't hear it. It is how my 2 - 301's are working both on my single account, the phone number I used when I set up my account was my cell phone.

Mine are not now and never have been plugged into phone lines.

I only know what I am using.... nothing else.

( Is yours clicking because you had them plugged to a phoneline when you were testing them? )

I see on the back of the bill that it says that additional receiver is $5, but monthly charge will be waived if it's continuously plugged into a phone line or internet connection.

So that means I can have a free second receiver

doesn't make sense, why does a prepaid receiver need to be plugged in, we have to pay in advance before watching pay per view, unless they just want to collect information on which channels you are watching.

Um, I am not 100% sure on this, so don't quote me. But I "think" for things like PPV and VOD, it must be connected to a phone line. At least this was according to the guy I dealt with over the phone when I made the switch.

Everything else available to FlexTV, the phone line connection is not neccessary(I gave my cell phone # too by the way. Not my home phone), but for PPV/VOD it may be. Even though you can pay online using a GDMP(which I did when I ordered my PPV), I think the info for that PPV/VOD to be allowed to your box, may still come over the phone line.

Mine is attached for that reason, and that reason alone. But that does not make it neccesarily correct.

additional receiver

I see on the back of the bill that it says that additional receiver is $5, but monthly charge will be waived if it's continuously plugged into a phone line or internet connection. QUOTE]

How does one plug into an internet connection?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)