dish network gameplan in hd. Wrong.

colinbarton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 31, 2005
davis, ca
i just spoke to a dishnetwork person and he said the several channels of game plan will be in hd. pay before 2 sept. it is $99, after then it is $120. it will last till dec. 24 then santa pulls the plug.

Ok, now I really fear that Dish is just making up HD games being available in sports packages.

I know for a fact that none of those games that gameplan shows will even be broadcast in HD period.!!

I fear now that there really won't be HD in NHL pack :(

I was thinking about asking if ESPN Gameplan would be offering any games in HD, but quickly realized the answer was a resounding NO, but also YES. No, there will be no HD games on ESPN Gameplan PPV channels - it's that simple. Yes, in that there may be two or three games this season that are simulcast on ESPNHD...so technically, you can switch over the ESPNHD and watch the HD version - assuming you have the Dish HD Pak. I can see how the CSRs may get confused, but telling you Gameplan had HD is a fabrication IMO.

Also, you will never see your home team in HD. The Mets/Diamondbacks games were shown for three straight nights and blacked out for me, even though I have the Extra Innings and regional sports network. Oh well......

BobMurdoch said:
Also, you will never see your home team in HD. The Mets/Diamondbacks games were shown for three straight nights and blacked out for me, even though I have the Extra Innings and regional sports network. Oh well......

Yeah... that's what's wrong with this stupid system.

yep, I live in the Tigers market and I am not allowed to watch tigers games ( I am 3 hours drive from Detroit) as of this weekend, I cannot watch the tigers on FSN Detroit.
I called dish to complain,
CSR "sorry, you'll need to buy MLB EI"
me: "I didn't have this problem earlier this year, when did the blackout area change?" CSR: "Sir, you live in the Chicago sports market"
(I also live about 3 hours drive from Chicago)
me: "then let me watch the white sox and cubs games cause those are blacked out too"
This is the best (saddest) part:
CSR "Sir I don't know where you live, I can't help you" hang up

OMG what a joke. But I can watch any games that is on the alt channels that I probably should be not "allowed"

BFG said:
I fear now that there really won't be HD in NHL pack :(

Me, too. Just because it says so on the Dish website doesn't make it so.

I can understand the CSR's not getting it right (average tenure -- 3 months), but I think it is inexcusable for the suits responsible for the website advertising to get it wrong. This used to be called 'false advertising....".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)