Dish Network In Belize

You will need at least a 2.4m dish to receive the 119 satellite, for most of the country of Belize except for the southern portion of the country and possibly extreme north, where a 1.8m dish will work fine. The 110 satellite since Echo 11 was made active, can be received by a 1.2 meter dish. Hope that helps.

If the OP is using a DirecTV LNB for Dish Network, isn't there a difference in the LNB used for 119? The LNB that DirecTV uses for 101 should be compatible, but unless I am mistaken the one for signals at the 119 position for DirecTV uses the "sat C" kit, which is not compatible with Dish equipment. Perhaps replacing that 119 LNB with another one for general use would help.

Anybody have an idea about Dish Network Signals in Belize and its coordinates? For Directv I point my 1.8m dish at an Azimuth of 210 deg and an elevation of 65 deg at the 101 bird.

I have a Dish 301 Receiver several things are different from DTV in which am more familar with like for example what is Skew? How can I achieve that on a 1.8m dish? Which satellite mst I use? If I'm not mistaken I see about five different satellites for dish remembering these two: sat 110 and 119. Whic sat must I point to which TP would be the strongest. Thanks

I forgot to mention that I am using the same LNB for DTV

First off I would like to say that I love and miss your country. Can't wait to get back down there.

Second, as everyone has stated you will need a much larger dish due to the fact that you are on the extreme edge of the footprint. I would also use a dish LNB as well.

Good luck and I hope it works for you.

It's been a few years since I visited Belize, very pretty country.. you're going to need a big dish and circular lnbs.. if you aren't using dish pro equipment you'll need to pickup legacy conections (SW21 to connect 110 & 119 to your box, if you have multiple boxes you'll need a SW64)..

Has anyone ever tried some sort of "Satellite Mule" setup? Maybe it could look something like this:

Person A: lives in Argentina; wants to watch Dish Network

Person B: lives in Burbank, CA; subscribes to Time Warner
  1. Person A is somehow connected to Person B
  2. Person A pays Person B two years worth of subscription fees, plus some 'nominal' rate increase, plus a 'service charge' for the trouble
  3. Person B orders Dish in addition to their Time Warner
  4. Person B hooks up a Slingbox (HD or otherwise; funded by Person A)
  5. Person A hooks up a Slingcatcher and enjoys Dish programming
This scenarios would work out a lot easier if the two knew each other, like relatives or something. I wish I would have done something like this when I was going to college in Switzerland with my parents...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)