Dish Network Information Update

Scott Greczkowski said:
Continue to install the SuperDISH 105 and feed assemblies until December 8, 2003 at which time we will begin requiring the SuperDISH 121 for new subscribers. Existing subscribers will eventually need to exchange their 105 SuperDISH for a 121 SuperDISH when they become available. Immediately, we will begin simulcasting from both locations so customers will not lose service at 105 in the short term.

why don't they just make the thing reversable that way people don't have to get a whole new dish just to move over to the 121 wing. seems like a waste of money to me. keep thinking DN techs, y'all will get it right one of these days.

I believe the 105 and 121 dishes are the same, they differ in the LNB mount at the end of the dish's arm. To switch between 105 and 121 you just need to attach a different LNB mount.

jlhugh said:
why don't they just make the thing reversable that way people don't have to get a whole new dish just to move over to the 121 wing. seems like a waste of money to me. keep thinking DN techs, y'all will get it right one of these days.
You don't need a whole new dish, but you do need a different feed assembly. It isn't flipable because of WHERE each LNB is.

On a 105 dish the 105 FSS and 110 DBS LNBs are in the center and the 119 DBS LNB is on the outrigger.
On a 121 dish the 121 FSS and 119 DBS LNBs are in the center and the 110 DBS LNB is on the outrigger.
On both dishes the FSS LNB is dead center of the dish. Obviously the spacing is closer on 119-121 than 105-110, and some adjustment would need to be made if one "flipped" the head. (Not to mention that the shroud isn't flipable).

Once the replacement assemblies are available for 121 it should be an easy fix, although repointing the dish is needed (centered on 121 instead of 105). FYI: A Dish500 is centered at 114.5 - splitting between 110 and 119.

JL

jlhugh said:

Also if someone only required an additional dish to be installed then that could be reversable by either repointing the dish or taking it down if not needed anymore without having to switch back to the old dish. Is this what you meant or did you mean that they should be able to switch the adapter that holds the lnbf's to accept 121 instead of 105?

Nice avatar jlhugh.

Glad that they have the SuperDish adaptable for just an lnbf assembly change to use 121 instead of 105 or vice versa. Are they going to be selling those adapters that's needed seperate without having to get the 121 dish to get the adapter?

justalurker said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Once again SatelliteGuys brings you the latest news first. (Gee wonder how long it will take one of the other sites to rip this off and claim it as their own too?) :)
Other sites don't have posters who get dealer memos? Oh well, on to the content:
{some comments inserted}
NEW 121 SuperDISH Markets:
Flint, MI ... Milwaukee, WI ... Lansing, MI ... Green Bay, WI, and Traverse City, MI.
NEW 105 SuperDISH Markets:
Chattanooga, TN {already on Dish's public list of 89}
Dayton, OH ... Ft. Smith, AR
NEW DISH 500 Markets:
Grand Junction, CO; Hartford-New Haven, CT; Sherman, TX-ADA, OK; Bakersfield, CA.

Springfield, MO {already on Dish's public list of 89}

With ALL of these additions, our total number of local markets will be 101!
I only get 100 markets ...
89 on Dish's website plus 5 coming to 121, 2 coming to 105, and 4 coming to Dish500.

Hopefully better math is used to cram all those channels on transponders.

JL

All this stuff by the way was mentioned on the last Retailer Chat, and most of it was included in that chat's recap (at both, this site and "so-called other site") ... "Chit"! This war (this "chit") between you guys is rediculous... Grow up People!!! - hehe...

And even if someone DOES Copy/Paste - big deal! - it was done all the time among sites (long before satelliteguys even existed...)

justalurker - Duluth (Coming in Jan 04) is number 101 (they were counting 100 too at that retailer chat, until charlie (or jim) remembered about Duluth...

Scott, Darkman, or anybody that would know

On the 11/25 retailer chat, it's noted that Duluth, MN was coming to Dish500 in January

Last nite when Charlie talked about locals "coming soon", Duluth wasn't on there. I didn't look that hard but "maybe" those locals coming soon were SuperDish..

Which one is it?? Is Duluth coming January, or are they yet pushed off again...yet frustrating me even more.....

Thanks much!!! I learn more from this site than I do from the freakin Charlie Chats! :)

to repeat - at Retailer Chat was said - Jan, 2004

so all you can do is wait until then - lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts