Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Once again SatelliteGuys brings you the latest news first. (Gee wonder how long it will take one of the other sites to rip this off and claim it as their own too?) :)

Just got this from Dish Network. I have removed all dealer sensitive information...

Please remember that even though this information has been made available, everything is subject to change. Nothing should be considered official unless it is announced by a Dish Network press release.

· 105 SuperDISH to 121 SuperDISH: We’ve listened to your feedback regarding the limitations of the 105 footprint and have made some decisions that will help with the SuperDISH signal strength covering the entire Continental United States. Moving forward, we will launch local programming from markets that were not adequately covered by 105 on the 121 orbital location. Since the 121 orbital location has better coverage and signal strength in certain markets, we are migrating the following launched markets to 121 effective immediately: Albany, NY, Boise, ID, Missoula, MT, and Madison, WI. Continue to install the SuperDISH 105 and feed assemblies until December 8, 2003 at which time we will begin requiring the SuperDISH 121 for new subscribers. Existing subscribers will eventually need to exchange their 105 SuperDISH for a 121 SuperDISH when they become available. Immediately, we will begin simulcasting from both locations so customers will not lose service at 105 in the short term.

· HD on 110 Orbital Location: In addition to the changes listed above, customers no longer need a SuperDISH to receive HD programming. The HD Pak, available for $9.99 per month, will continue to be located at the 110 orbital location which includes: HDNet, HDNet Movies, Discovery HD Theater and ESPN HD. The following additional HD programming is currently located at the 61.5 and 148 orbital locations and will require an additional dish: Showtime HDTV, DISH HDTV, HBO HDTV, CBS HDTV East & West, HD Event Channel and HD Demo Channel. Stay tuned for details regarding future HD programming availability on the 110 orbital location.
· Holiday Music: As we do every year, DISH Network is now offering the holiday music channel free of charge to all DISH Network subscribers. Make sure customers tune and sing along to holiday music on channel 982 (HMUSC) located on the 119 orbital location!

NEW 121 SuperDISH Markets:
· Flint, MI: Effective December 11, 2003, we will launch Flint, MI local programming with ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC. These channels will be available for $5.99 per month.
· Milwaukee, WI: Effective December 11, 2003, we will launch Milwaukee, WI with ABC, NBC, FOX, PBS, UPN and WB. At this time we have not reached an agreement with CBS; therefore, these channels will be available for $4.99 per month.
· Lansing, MI: Effective December 18, 2003 we will launch Lansing, MI, with ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS. At this time we have not reached an agreement with NBC; therefore, these channels will be available for $4.99 per month.
· Upcoming 121 SuperDISH Launches: The superior coverage at 121 has allowed us the capacity to launch several northern markets that we had postponed due to poor coverage at 105. In the near future we will launch Green Bay, WI, and Traverse City, MI.

launch Green Bay, WI, and Traverse City, MI.

NEW 105 SuerDISH Markets:
· Chattanooga, TN: On November 25, 2003, we launched Chattanooga, TN, local programming with ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS and WB. At this time we have not reached an agreement with NBC; therefore, these channels will be available for $4.99 per month.
· Dayton, OH: Effective December 4, 2003, we will launch Dayton, OH, local programming with ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. These local channels will be available for $5.99 per month.
· Ft. Smith, AR: In December, we will launch Ft. Smith, AR.

NEW DISH 500 Markets:
· Upcoming DISH 500 Launches: We don’t have specific dates at this time; however, we’re excited to launch the following cities in December: Grand Junction, CO; Hartford-New Haven, CT; Sherman, TX-ADA, OK; Bakersfield, CA.
· Springfield, MO Update: To allow for a better signal strength we are moving all the local programming in Springfield, MO, from the 105 SuperDISH location to DISH 500. Effective November 26, 2003, we will begin simulcasting the channels on both orbital locations and new Springfield subscribers will only need a DISH 500 to receive these local stations. We understand some of you may have SuperDISH antennas in inventory - you are allowed to use SuperDISH equipment until December 1, 2003. After that, the DISH 500 is required in this market.

· With ALL of these additions, our total number of local markets will be 101!

Will SuperDISH 121 be able to get either the 61.5 and 148?
I'd hate to have the over-sized SuperDish plus an additional dish to get HBO HD.

no you would need a extra dish and a adapter for 4 dishes(super-110,119,121)and 61.5.

If your locals are going to be on SuperDish then you are going to still require a second dish at 61.5 or 148. If HD would have been at 105 or 121 then only one dish would have been required to receive all the programming.

HiDef Summary <revised 12/03>

The DishNetwork High Definition Programming Pak <4 channels below> is available <from the 110 slot to Dish500 subs> for $9.99/month. At present, a 2-dish solution is needed to receive all current HD channels.*

The 110 slot includes:
HDNet
HDNet Movies
Discovery HD Theater
ESPN HD.

The 61.5/148 slots include**:
Showtime HDTV
DISH HDTV (PPV)
HBO HDTV
CBS HDTV East
CBS HDTV West
Dish HD Event Channel
Dish HD Demo Channel

Note: <> indicates text added above

*Dish customers no longer need a SuperDISH to receive HD programming.
**HD channels currently at 61.5/148 are to be mirrored to 110. Eventually, all HD channels w/b moved off the wings.

The HDTV PPV is only available on 148. They moved it off the 61.5 a few weeks back.

Interesting comment..... anyone else reading into this? Hope they have something for 12/1.

"Stay tuned for details regarding future HD programming availability on the 110 orbital location."

Thanks Scott for the info. Being a newbie to the satellite scene, it's been a challenge trying to figure out just what I will need for HD. Now it looks like I am all set. I have 2 Dish 500's on the house already. My wife is Japanese and I needed the second dish for 148 to get JapanTV. Now all I need is to drop a few bills on the 921 and I'll be good to go. I'm getting impatient! :D
Bubba04

WHAT?!! :x

I am beginning to reconsider my SuperDish upgrade (with one year contract) and Dish Network as a whole! :?

The selling point for getting the SuperDish upgrade was to eliminate the need to have two dishes!!! I was under the impression that all HD would be moved to 105 (or now 110). Aside from my OTA locals (analog as well as digital), the only HD that I subscribe to is HBO!

Does anyone know if and when this will ever happen or am I stuck with (now lopsided) "mouse ears" on my house?

Scott Greczkowski said:
· HD on 110 Orbital Location: In addition to the changes listed above, customers no longer need a SuperDISH to receive HD programming. The HD Pak, available for $9.99 per month, will continue to be located at the 110 orbital location which includes: HDNet, HDNet Movies, Discovery HD Theater and ESPN HD. The following additional HD programming is currently located at the 61.5 and 148 orbital locations and will require an additional dish: Showtime HDTV, DISH HDTV, HBO HDTV, CBS HDTV East & West, HD Event Channel and HD Demo Channel. Stay tuned for details regarding future HD programming availability on the 110 orbital location.

Do you think the HBO/Showtime HD feeds will be moved to 110 eventually? If so, anyone have a educated guess on how far in the future it may be? I'm just wondering if it's worth the price of the extra dish to get it now...

On the Charlie Chat the other day they WERE mentioning it.

Problem they have now is people with SuperDISH's can not see the 61.5 or 148 locations as there is no switch which supports 4 satelite locations. This means these customer lose their HD versions of HBO and Showtime.

ScottBA said:
If so, anyone have a educated guess on how far in the future it may be? I'm just wondering if it's worth the price of the extra dish to get it now...

OK, so let me get this straight, now if I decide to switch to Dish Network, I'm not only going to have to get two dishes (not a problem really), but I'm going to have to PAY for the second one if I want to be able to get the other channels?!

~Alan

NEW DISH 500 Markets:
· Upcoming DISH 500 Launches: We don’t have specific dates at this time; however, we’re excited to launch the following cities in December: Grand Junction, CO; Hartford-New Haven, CT; Sherman, TX-ADA, OK; Bakersfield, CA.
· Springfield, MO Update: To allow for a better signal strength we are moving all the local programming in Springfield, MO, from the 105 SuperDISH location to DISH 500. Effective November 26, 2003, we will begin simulcasting the channels on both orbital locations and new Springfield subscribers will only need a DISH 500 to receive these local stations. We understand some of you may have SuperDISH antennas in inventory - you are allowed to use SuperDISH equipment until December 1, 2003. After that, the DISH 500 is required in this market.

What happened to Duluth, MN?? They were on the January list for Dish 500..

WNC said:
The HDTV PPV is only available on 148. They moved it off the 61.5 a few weeks back.

I only hope that the east coast HDTV PPV is up & running by the time that the 921 is out.

Robert

I think a lot of people would not mind having a second dish to get the HD channels if they had a number of them available, such as 20 or 30 of them at least. I think once they get to 20+ HD channels in one package or bundling deal, that is when there will be more successful in bringing in more subscribers.

:?: I live in Los Angeles and I want HD, Local, regular programming. How many Dish do I need? Some of the local channels require additional Dish. Do I need 3? Or just 2? Or SD and one Dish500?

Hyo

Scott Greczkowski said:
Once again SatelliteGuys brings you the latest news first. (Gee wonder how long it will take one of the other sites to rip this off and claim it as their own too?) :)
Other sites don't have posters who get dealer memos? Oh well, on to the content:
{some comments inserted}
NEW 121 SuperDISH Markets:
Flint, MI ... Milwaukee, WI ... Lansing, MI ... Green Bay, WI, and Traverse City, MI.
NEW 105 SuperDISH Markets:
Chattanooga, TN {already on Dish's public list of 89}
Dayton, OH ... Ft. Smith, AR
NEW DISH 500 Markets:
Grand Junction, CO; Hartford-New Haven, CT; Sherman, TX-ADA, OK; Bakersfield, CA.

Springfield, MO {already on Dish's public list of 89}

With ALL of these additions, our total number of local markets will be 101!
I only get 100 markets ...
89 on Dish's website plus 5 coming to 121, 2 coming to 105, and 4 coming to Dish500.

Hopefully better math is used to cram all those channels on transponders.

JL

Lurker
They forgot Duluth, MN, which is going on Dish500 in January..That was missing from the notes. That will give them 101

Stargazer said:
I think a lot of people would not mind having a second dish to get the HD channels if they had a number of them available, such as 20 or 30 of them at least. I think once they get to 20+ HD channels in one package or bundling deal, that is when there will be more successful in bringing in more subscribers.

Everyone needs to remember that IF you qualify for any "must carry" local channels not seen on 110/119, then you can get a FREE 61.5 Dish!

Tahoerob said:
Stargazer said:

Everyone needs to remember that IF you qualify for any "must carry" local channels not seen on 110/119, then you can get a FREE 61.5 Dish!

This is true. That's how I got my second dish because my first dish didn't have some of my locals. I wasn't too crazy about having a second dish at the time, but now I'm excited about the propects.
Bubba04

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)