DISH Network Introduces Lowest Priced One-Stop Shop for HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Introduces Lowest Priced One-Stop Shop for High-Definition TV System

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 8, 2004--

HD Leader Rolls out Everything You Need for Living Life in HD:
Monitor, Satellite TV Receiver, Delivery and Installation
for Less Than $1,000

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) announced today at the 2004 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that the company's DISH Network(TM), a leading American satellite subscription television service, is offering the most affordable high definition television (HDTV) package in the nation.

The DISH Network HDTV System provides consumers with everything they need to start enjoying HDTV: a 16:9 HD television monitor, an HD satellite TV receiver, a satellite dish, home delivery and standard professional installation, all for less than $1,000.

Further establishing itself as the leader in high definition TV, DISH Network offers a package of popular HD channels, including ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater, HDNet and HDNet Movies for $9.99 per month or $109.89 annually, the lowest prices in the industry.

DISH Network also offers high definition channels such as CBS-HD, HBO-HD, Showtime HD, and DISH-On-Demand pay-per-view HD movies.

Offered to new and existing residential customers through a special promotion through Jan. 31, 2004, the DISH Network HD System includes a DISH 811 HD satellite TV receiver/decoder and the customer's choice of a 34-inch CRT or a 40-inch rear-projection wide-screen HD monitor, all for only $999. Delivery and installation are included. Customers must agree to purchase at least America's Top 60 programming package (formerly America's Top 50) for $24.99 per month and the HD package for $9.99 per month for one year.

For new customers who already have an HD monitor, DISH Network offers a promotion making the DISH 811 HD satellite TV receiver available for free. This is a savings from the MSRP of $399.

DISH Network has further strengthened its HD product line with the introduction of the first-of-its-kind high definition digital video recorder (DVR). The DISH Player-DVR 921 is available now for a $600 upgrade when customers purchase the DISH Network HDTV System. The DISH Player-DVR 921 features a 250-gigabyte hard drive capable of recording up to 25 hours of high definition video or up to 180 hours of standard definition content, or a combination of both.

The state-of-the-art DISH Player-DVR 921 contains all the features of DISH Network's complete line of DVRs, plus a dual tuner that allows the user to record two different shows while viewing a third pre-recorded show. The DISH Player-DVR 921 also includes a picture-in-picture feature for standard definition on any TV. No other pay TV company offers the innovative combination of HD and DISH Video on Demand features -- including fast-forward/reverse, pause, and 30-second skip-ahead -- as the DISH Player-DVR 921.

Honored as "Best of Show" by the CES Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in 2003, and recognized as best product of 2003 by Business Week magazine, the DISH Player-DVR 921 also offers:

-- The highest level recording quality which is identical to the
original broadcast

-- Electronic program guide with keyword search capability and up
to nine days of listings

-- The ability to record off air digital broadcasts

-- Supports output of 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i resolutions

-- Slow motion and frame-by-frame replay

-- HD connectivity includes DVI-HDTV, RGB (via DVI) and component
video

For information on DISH Network and its products or services, call 800-333-DISH (3474), visit www.dishnetwork.com or contact a local DISH Network retailer.

About EchoStar Communications Corporation

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) is the owner of DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of satellite television entertainment services with 9 million customers. DISH Network delivers advanced digital satellite television services, including hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, digital video recording, HDTV, sports and international programming, professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 800-333-DISH (3474).

For print-quality images of DISH Network's new products, visit http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print/index.shtml.

Marc Lumpkin, 303-723-2020
303-378-2366 (cell)
marc.lumpkin@echostar.com
or
Steve Caulk, 303-723-2010
steve.caulk@echostar.com

SOURCE: EchoStar Communications Corporation

Re: DISH Network Introduces Lowest Priced One-Stop Shop for

Scott Greczkowski said:
Further establishing itself as the leader in high definition TV, DISH Network offers..........
Ha!!!! Lies, lies, more lies!!!!! They're swiftly becoming the HD laggard. Hope they make some worthwhile announcements during the CES re: HD.

Anyone catch the phrase "Offered to new and existing residential customers ..."

Now, can any of the dealers here comment on what the installation includes? DishPro gear? Legacy adapters? ...

justalurker said:
peterd said:
Anyone catch the phrase "Offered to new and existing residential customers ..."
That refers to the full $999 package, not the 811 for free to new subscribers who already have a HDTV.

JL
Yes, I understand that. Just because I already have an HDTV (& 921 :D ) doesn't mean I'm not intrigued!

If I could, I'd eliminate every standard definition TV from my entire house today. So, a bedroom HD (in a box ;) ) is one I might consider especially if I can get upgraded to DishPro as part of the install.

I called up Dish and they said the HD receivers arent avail now. Said they would call me back in 4 weeks (no superbowl for me!)

Why not offer an OTA antenna as well to complete the package for those that never had HDTV or Receiver. Kind of foolish to offer a receiver that has the ability to get the locals in HD, which is more than 50% of the HD programming available right now, but not offer the OTA to maximize the potential for new customers

That is exactly what I need - make the dish and antenna the same assembly (but they they couldnt charge for the locals i guess)

rookie, i used to live in StL

They do have those "clip on" antennas that attach to the dish, and get combined into the same cable. but those antennas have a terrible reputation.

So as a new customer can I get the 811 free then get the 921 (when they are available he he he :) ) in addition for the added $600? (I already have a HDTV - Sony Wega KF50XBR800)

jerrykco said:
So as a new customer can I get the 811 free then get the 921 [...] for the added $600? (I already have a HDTV [...] )
Nice try, Jerry! :D

According to the press release, the $600 is an upgrade to the HDTV system (811 + monitor).

It reads to me that instead of an 811 you get a 921 for $600 more. I.E. you get the 399 list price of the 811 trade in for the $999 921.

Re: DISH Network Introduces Lowest Priced One-Stop Shop for

mike123abc -

I think we're saying the same thing:

The DISH Network HDTV System provides consumers with [...] a 16:9 HD television monitor, an HD satellite TV receiver [...] all for less than $1,000.

The DISH Player-DVR 921 is available now for a $600 upgrade when customers purchase the DISH Network HDTV System.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts