Dish Network is pissing me off......badly.

Okay, he originally signed an agreement...I presume making him a DHA customer. The current business rules for a dishnitup to a 722 are maximum $100.
I am curious to know why he would not have qualified.
Also, was he dealing directly with DISH or a Retailer?

Well verizon loyalty rep when questioned about some very customer unfriendly policies said if you canceled you could come back and get this.

I said once I cancel I wouldnt be back.....

He said thats the indutry currently........

Companies in a rush to maximise profits have forgotten a basic business issue.

serve the customer FIRST and profits will take care of themselves.

the only thing customers can do is change providers of whatever....

E has taken this whole idea over the edge by charging to return leased boxes.

E has lost its way, they are poisiionng their own pool of future and returning customers. Kinda like pissing in your tub while bathing:(

I think E is attempting to boost the bottom line preping to sell of the company.

in this mode NOTHING matters but short term profits since for charlie theres NO LONG TERM, he is about to cash out. and doesnt mind damaging the company he founded as he departs.

They offer an upgrade and he's upset because it's not the most expensive upgrade currently available, really? Isn't that like walking up to the bakery counter, getting a free cookie and b*tching that you wanted a bigger one?

You's must pays to play!

That's very typical of dish network not offering you anything till you cancel

about as typical as not offering the techs pay for extra work not listed on the work order. like installing a second dish for no compensation at all and just be happy they had any install work to do at all?

Last edited:
Good to know about Dish Network and DirecTV. I was thinking about switching to Dish Network, but am hesitant due to the two year contract commitment. I think I may wait for Verizon FiOS or AT&T Uverse instead.

Hey ctciatti, I was In the same boat.....

I was with dish network for almost eleven years! I go so far back that when I first had the service installed, they worked through private contracted install reps. I originally paid 1000.00 for the equipment in the summer of 1996, and then paid for an entire year of programming up front to the tune of 350.00 plus. (forgive me, it's been awhile so I forget the minor details.)

Anyway, I purchased, not leased, all my dish equipment and paid for the programming up from for an entire year and from that point on, never ever made them wait for their money

You guys that have been around with dish know how outdated those early days were compared to today. I made a couple of minor upgrades, from dish 300 to dish 500, etc. and to a single tuner dvr.

Just before my eleventh birthday with dish, I receive an ad in the mail meant for new customers offering all kinds of freebie equipment and installation goodies with all the latest and greatest technology. So I called them and asked them if I could get the new dual tuner dvr........that's all I wanted.

Do you know what they said to me?

Only if I rent the sucker and pay an additional fee for another receiver. I wanted to purchase it but they said no. I explained I was with them over a decade and they didn't care. I said hey....you are giving it away to new customers, what about your existing decade long dedicated perfect paying customer?????

They so much as said sorry....no can do!

I then said.................CANCEL IMMEDIATELY! Then refund the balance due of my money. They went into shock!

They spent the next two months calling me with all kinds of offers, apologies,etc. and I simply told them the following.

If you cared nothing for an outstanding paying customer after a decade of loyalty, why would you want me back???

Not one manager, supervisor, customer rep, owner, whatever could offer a simple answer to that question.

I have never returned to them as a customer and never will again, not even if they give it too me for free. It's the principal with me and that's it.

sasdthoh

I've never had any issue getting free equipment out of Dish Network.
The Fee's is what prevents me from accepting it.

But in 3 years with E* I've gotten a free 722k,612,211k as an exsiting customer.

When I first signed up I got a free 622 and 211.

My story is different. I had ugraded (purchased a 8000, then 2-622s) 4 months after upgrading to a new 622 for the wife, I had a receiver failure. Had warranty, replacement unit lasted 2 weeks, third receiver i day. Asked for new, not refurbished receiver. Was told that what came was what came. Told service that if unit wasn't new, that would be the last service call they would have from me. Moved my 622 to wifes tv. There were a few minor burps in the 622 between the mid June replacement (receiver number 4). The day before my credit card expiration, had DiWreck installed and called the following day to disconnect service.:D The fact that ctciatti was offered by mail something similar to what I was offered the day I called leads me to beleive that he was in excellent standing with Dish.:D

Were you out of contract when you had your service turned off with Dish? Or did you just let the card expire so they would have no way to charge you when you disconnected?

Reason I ask is, if you are unhappy with Directv and are waiting out your contract, you may find it is much harder to get Dish reconnected in the future without large up front fees.

E began to give small discounts to long time subs but with the fee increases first line reps can get fired for even ONE credit.

I guess E is going back to pissed off customer cancels, then offer all sorts of enticements to get them back.

While the industry has moved to 2 year contracts locking out return, and Es charge to return boxes just leaves a bad taste in customers mouth, so not only do they NOT want to return, but they tell everyone they know about E charging to return boxes.......

futher polluting the pool of future new subs.

but for charlie future is less than 6 months, so he doesnt care.

with the stuff E is pulling these days I wish charlie would just sell his company and let someone take over who at least partially cares.

if you own E stock things will get worse, now is the time to dump it. there will be a big churn when the discounts from the february fee increase expire..

guaranteed

.....but for charlie future is less than 6 months, so he doesnt care.
.....if you own E stock things will get worse, now is the time to dump it. there will be a big churn when the discounts from the february fee increase expire..

guaranteed

Bob, how do you know Charlie will cash out within six months?

You don't.

I don't care how angry you are, at Dish or at life, you should quit putting out such BS.

And you may think, or even hope, that there will be a big churn when the credits expire, but don't confuse that with reality. If you were any good at predicting the future, you wouldn't go thru so much personal trouble in your life, would you?

Quit sucking lemons, try to take a more positive outlook on life. You might be a bit happier for it.

.....If you need a new cable box, you just go pick one up. If you want to cancel cable, then you call and cancel. .....

Cable boxes are cheaper and less capable than satellite boxes. And the cableco has less invested in you as a customer.

Good to know about Dish Network and DirecTV. I was thinking about switching to Dish Network, but am hesitant due to the two year contract commitment. I think I may wait for Verizon FiOS or AT&T Uverse instead.

Keep in mind, every company has people that hate it, and have an ax to grind. For good reasons or not. If you want the best DVR out there, you'll want to go with Dish. If you want the NFL Sunday Ticket, you'll want to go with DirecTV. IOW, look at what each has to offer, and choose. Remember also, people are more likely to post complaints than compliments.

.........I have never returned to them as a customer and never will again, not even if they give it too me for free. It's the principal with me and that's it.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face?

go already

Well verizon loyalty rep when questioned about some very customer unfriendly policies said if you canceled you could come back and get this.

I said once I cancel I wouldnt be back.....

He said thats the indutry currently........

Companies in a rush to maximise profits have forgotten a basic business issue.

serve the customer FIRST and profits will take care of themselves.

the only thing customers can do is change providers of whatever....

E has taken this whole idea over the edge by charging to return leased boxes.

E has lost its way, they are poisiionng their own pool of future and returning customers. Kinda like pissing in your tub while bathing:(

I think E is attempting to boost the bottom line preping to sell of the company.

in this mode NOTHING matters but short term profits since for charlie theres NO LONG TERM, he is about to cash out. and doesnt mind damaging the company he founded as he departs.

You constantly B about how awful E* is would you just go ahead & pull the trigger. FIOS is calling I'm tired of the B'n from you about what E* should do and how you know better. If what you knew was better then it would be the way everyone does it. Sorry I'm just tried of the moaning out of you.

Companies can be run to make CUSTOMERS happy, which causes slightly less short term profits but much greater long term growth and customer satisfaction..

Or run as E now is:( Screw customer every way possible to maximise profits, even to the point of damaging getting subs back later, for more short term profits now.

Thats typical for a company being put up for sale.........

I did elminate FIOS completely since Verizon held me to a contract for FIOS phone when the phone wasnt reliable. Only fixed after 2 months of compaints, calling tech support EVERY BUSINESS day for 3 weeks, and esclating to presidents office TWICE.

They finally found and fixed the bad router in their CO.....

I am buying TIVO and trying downloading shows with OTA and buying DVDs of my favorite shows.

If this isnt good enough I will add comcast with cablecard...

E began to give small discounts to long time subs but with the fee increases first line reps can get fired for even ONE credit.

I guess E is going back to pissed off customer cancels, then offer all sorts of enticements to get them back.

While the industry has moved to 2 year contracts locking out return, and Es charge to return boxes just leaves a bad taste in customers mouth, so not only do they NOT want to return, but they tell everyone they know about E charging to return boxes.......

futher polluting the pool of future new subs.

but for charlie future is less than 6 months, so he doesnt care.

with the stuff E is pulling these days I wish charlie would just sell his company and let someone take over who at least partially cares.

if you own E stock things will get worse, now is the time to dump it. there will be a big churn when the discounts from the february fee increase expire..

guaranteed

your whole post is so full of bullsh*t it is beyond funny. Even your excuses of why you haven't left Dish after 6+ months of b*tching is full of bullsh*t.
bob, people around here are really getting tired of it. REALLY!

you must believe my negative posts are hurting the company or the stock. but do note others are unhappy too.

and my complaints began when I got the first leaks of the new receiver fees previous to that I was pretty quiet here, service worked reasonably well with just minor tech issues.

look back over many years I challenge you to find many rate complaints by me, since up till feb they were reasonable.......

Will someone list the price and sub issues since feb?

its a long list of new fees, raised prices and customer unfriendly stuff...

Does D charge to return leased boxes?
nope. I swapped receivers (R15 to R22) and they are sending me the box with a prepaid fedex label to send back

Does D charge ridiclous extra receiver fees?

no.
monthly $10 HD fee for all receivers on acct
monthly $7 DVR fee for all receiver on acct
$5 per receiver

so if you have 4 receivers REGARDLESS of what it is you'd pay $15 in extra receiver fees. 1st box would depend on if its DVR, HD or not.

So 4 HD DVR's are
10+7+5+5+5=32 bucks

4 non HD DVR's are
7+5+5+5=22 bucks

4 SD receivers is 15 bucks

They dont have the "rolling" bull fee thing like Dish does where its $17 for one type, $14 for another, $7 for a different kind. I know every receiver I add to my account (unless its HD) will be $5 since I already have a DVR so that $7 fee is charged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts