Dish Network Launches Nesn Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK LAUNCHES NESN HD

Fans of the 2007 World Champion Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins Will Never Miss Their Favorite New England Sports Teams in HD

Englewood, Colo. and Boston, Mass. – March 27, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider, today announced the launch of the New England Sports Network (NESN), New England’s most-watched sports network, in high definition (HD). NESN is available in standard definition (SD) on DISH Network channel 434 and HD games are available on channel 434 HD to customers who subscribe to America’s Top 100 Plus or higher programming packages.

“Adding the New England Sports Network in HD to our existing Regional Sports Networks lineup gives New England sports fans all the more reason to subscribe to DISH Network,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “By combining the latest and most popular HD sports programming with the functionality and technology of our industry-leading dishDVR, customers will find multiple ways to enhance their viewing experience.”

“We are pleased DISH Network subscribers will have Red Sox and Bruins game in high definition on NESN HD,” said Sean McGrail, NESN president. “NESN has been a leader in the industry, delivering more HD sports programming than any other RSN in the country.”

NESN, the definitive source for New England sports programming, is the top rated regional sports network in the country delivering award winning Red Sox and Bruins coverage, a popular sports news and highlights program NESN SportsDesk and a unique sports debate and discussion show The Globe 10.0. NESN is also the first regional sports network in the country to originate every game and studio show in HD.

DISH Network offers customers a wide variety of HD sports programming including 22 HD Regional Sports Networks. New subscribers may enjoy DISH Network’s award winning ViP722, a dual-tuner HD dishDVR. The ViP722 receiver can record live TV, allowing sports fans to pause, rewind and fast forward programming and create their own instant replays.

For more information about DISH Network call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Congrats New Englanders!

I know you had good reason, but thank God there will be a little less bitchin' and moanin' here now! ;)

Now, if Charlie would just put up those other two HD channels (right after WFN!), this place might be a little more tolerable....

Thats what I was going to say. This will make New Englanders happy.

The press release says...

NESN is also the first regional sports network in the country to originate every game and studio show in HD.
What it does not say is... Unfortunately Dish Network will only show the games in HD and none of the in studio HD content that airs on NESN HD.

I knew they wouldn't go 24/7 when they finally put it up which is why I finally added DirecTV to my setup. I'm glad they finally got NESNHD but I was also worried they would spot beam it and since I only "moved" to Boston I wouldn't be able to get the signal.

I worry Direct will blackout the "Sox in 2" rebroadcast to non New Englanders but with two DVR's I'll just record the game in both locations so I can rewatch while I workout in the morning.

Must say I'm really happy for Cosmo, KD and everyone else who has been so patient waiting for a station that showed up as uplinked so long ago.

Bitchers whom want MSG-HD

Congrats New Englanders!

I know you had good reason, but thank God there will be a little less bitchin' and moanin' here now! ;)

I doubt that:mad: First off, as the way things stand right now, the only way to see any hockey games in HD that involve a New York State Team (Sabres, Rangers, Islanders), is to watch it on a national feed like NBC, Versus or HDnet.

Good timing. The hockey season is almost over, so it's too late for CI. And Dish doesn't offer Extra Innings, so this will really benefit New England only.

As long as the games are on in HD, I'm happy. I don't care about missing Charlie Moore in HD :rolleyes:

Congrats to those that get this channel. Now, maybe Dish will toss the rest of us a bone with a few national HD channels. I doubt it, but maybe.

Probably not. The Fox Sports regionals do it the same way. The only way it will change if it will become a 24/7 hd.
Really? Well the "stated" reason we didn't get NESN-HD before was that Dish wanted to do exactly what they're doing now - only use the HD feed only for games but NESN wouldn't allow it. It was all or nothing.

So either NESN changed their mind or maybe they agreed to this on a temp basis with the understanding it would be 24/7 at the next available sat space. My guess is the latter.

The press release says...

What it does not say is... Unfortunately Dish Network will only show the games in HD and none of the in studio HD content that airs on NESN HD.

Is BigTen Network NOT an RSN by this definition, then? BTN has been fulltime HD 24/7 since day one, on Dish in HD as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)