Dish Network Lied to Me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shimma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
I, too, was astounded to return home last night to find that CBS HD Los Angeles was deleted from my VIP 211 receiver. I had watched the morning news just 10 hours before.

I feel burned because I was assured twice by Dish csrs that this channel, the only one on my dedicated Dish 500, would not be affected by the Distant Network ruling.

I just talked to a nice young csr lady "Ashley" about this. I said that if the damn dish was inert I'd like it yanked off my chimney. She said they'd do this for $99.

The thing will stay up. Man am I unhappy right now.

Shimadog San Francisco:mad:

That's interesting. I don't have HD HBO or HD Showtime but I'd consider any reason to maintain the 500 dish. Somehow I doubt Dish Customer Service could explain the advantage but its worth a call. Thank you for your non dismissive reply.

If you ask Dish about the HBO and SHO being higher bitrates on 148W, they will lie to you again and tell you they are the same as 110W.

No need to call in, if you activate HBO or Showtime you will automatically get authorized for both.

9430 Showtime on 148
9440 HBO on 148
9456 HBO on 110
9460 Showimte on 110

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)