622 remote battery

NightHawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
The TV2 RF remote for my 622 seems to burn through a set of alkaline batteries in just a week or two, regardless of usage. Anyelse experiencing abnormal battery usage on the tv2 remote?

The TV2 RF remote for my 622 seems to burn through a set of alkaline batteries in just a week or two, regardless of usage. Anyelse experiencing abnormal battery usage on the tv2 remote?

I've had the 622 for around 4 months, and am still on my first set of batteries on my TV2 remote.

Invest in a battery recharger and rechargeable batteries. On top of being reusable, these batteries do last much longer. In my digital camera, I can go through cheap batteries in (20) pictures or (50) or so with "good" batteries. With rechargeables, I can take hundreds of pictures.

Back to the original topic, my batteries have lasted months in my remote.

The battery charger is a good idea but I just thought it was strange to need replacement batteries so quickly. The RF transmitter must use alot of power.

After about 8 months, TV1 remote will now display on the TV "Remote Battery Low" or something; but TV2 remote is working without incident.

I believe you have a bad remote if the batteries are going dead in 2 weeks; or maybe a couple of keys are stuck form spilling that soft drink on it, so the remote is often sending a signal.

My 622 is about 7 months old now. I use both remotes about equally during several hours viewing in each location each day. I haven't changed the original batteries yet in either remote. If you are having a disparity in battery life between the 2 remotes that does not approximate the ratio of use then I would guess you have a defective remote. If you have a stuck key then one of the "device" keys should also be illuminated while that key is stuck...

my TV1 remote goes through a new set of batteries probably every 2 months and I've changed my TV2 batteries once since i've had the unit (I got mine in feb).

I did get a few sets of 800mAh Ni-MH, they do last longer than normal alkalines and I can recharge them like an hour so when I get the remote battery low indicator, I re-charge my extra set of AAA's then swap. It's worth the investement, you might pay $20-30 for a few sets of batteries and a quick charger, but it's totally worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts