Dish Network Location Code

Sharing a Joey with someone wouldn't be very likely as they have to be connected to a Hopper. Yes, you could share Joeys with neighbors who are very close (what's the distance limit for coaxial cable between Hoppers and Joeys ??), but doesn't seem common. Same issue applies if you wire the Joey with Ethernet (100m limit) or wireless (distance will vary greatly based on many factors).

I could technically do it, as I have a zero lot line with one of our neighbors. Our two houses are about 25 ft apart.

Yeah, I could do it here as well. I've never measured it, but counting the 18" sidewalk, I can get at most (3) passes of my lawnmower in the grass between houses ! I've shared WiFi (let them use mine) with the neighbors as well.

Did they also ask you to report info as viewed on a Joey as well?

No. He said right away that he was only interested in the Hoppers. The Joeys don't 'call in' like the Hoppers do, and besides, mine has no IP address (no ethernet connection, and I've disabled bridging). And, like others have already mentioned, it would be very unlikely that you could share a Joey with someone outside your home.

So, if you have two or more Hoppers that are connected to the same LAN, but through different access points (with unique MAC addresses), you too might be getting an Equipment Verification Team call. Might even apply to ViP receivers, though I believe the Hoppers report back much more information than the ViPs do.

Not quite that simple,besides the location id,they require receiver and smart card #,s/w revision,the sat signal info,such as type of lnb,For instance dish 1000.4,3 sat,then you have to tell them what sats are locked.So it's pretty through.It would take a lot of writing to get all the information they require.

They could ask for all that information, especially if they were pretty sure there were some shenanigans going on and wanted to trip the person up, but in my case, all he asked for was the CAID and the first half of the Location ID from each Hopper.

They could ask for all that information, especially if they were pretty sure there were some shenanigans going on and wanted to trip the person up, but in my case, all he asked for was the CAID and the first half of the Location ID from each Hopper.

Exactly my point.If anyone wants to try the write it down method,all I can say to them is good luck.

Did you inform them you were a former Dish employee?If so,that may be why they only asked minimal questions.

If your hoppers are communicating with each other and you can view recordings between the two, Dish should be able to verify online that they are connected to the same node.

It is a waste of time for the Dish Nazis to pursue Hopper installs - I figured the Hopper system would put them out of business..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)