Dish Network Location Code

vernim

Original poster
Aug 12, 2013
Arizona
Got a phone call from Dish Network saying I needed to update my receivers. On the first receiver, a VIP 211K, they had me go to System Info and read the R00 number in box e, the Device number in box h and there was also a Location code number I read to them. On the second one, a 722, just the R00 and the Device numbers. After getting off the phone I went back through the process but could not find the Location Code any where but distinctly remember reading it to them when we were on the phone. Can anyone tell me anything about this "Location Code" and why it was not on the info page when I went back?

Are you certain it was DISH who called? I can tell you they would never call you and get that info because they had to upgrade the receivers, they would not need to. They would call if they were making sure all your receivers were at the same location however. (Fraud department) The location code is exactly what they use to check because it changes and isn't something that will be the same all the time. It also would be not be the ordinary for them to call someone with just two receivers.

Hit menu button twice ant the system info screen will appear with the location I.D.

this number changes often and is a hash between the time and receiver i.d.

it is used to make sure all receivers are in the location they are supposed to be, with dish calling to verify these numbers.

The receiver audit teem does call and LIE to the customer. They claim they are calling to make sure your receivers are updated. They should tell the truth they are really calling to make sure all of your receivers are in your home. Dish should fire that group of liers. They are nothing but a bunch of losers.

Got a phone call from Dish Network saying I needed to update my receivers. On the first receiver, a VIP 211K, they had me go to System Info and read the R00 number in box e, the Device number in box h and there was also a Location code number I read to them. On the second one, a 722, just the R00 and the Device numbers. After getting off the phone I went back through the process but could not find the Location Code any where but distinctly remember reading it to them when we were on the phone. Can anyone tell me anything about this "Location Code" and why it was not on the info page when I went back?

Folks, if you get a call from someone saying they're with Dish, do not tell them anything unless you can be 100% positive they are Dish employees. Tell them that you will call in and check to see if they are legit. If you get a call from the Dish EVT (Equipment Verification Team), they will give you the number to call at, they will give you their info, and they are able to leave notes on your account, so when you call in, the agent can verify they are legit.

Otherwise, do not ever EVER EVER give people calling you information like receiver IDs or location IDs. Ever.

The receiver audit teem does call and LIE to the customer. They claim they are calling to make sure your receivers are updated. They should tell the truth they are really calling to make sure all of your receivers are in your home. Dish should fire that group of liers. They are nothing but a bunch of losers.

Calling them losers is more than a bit over the line. They have a job to do, and that job is to find when people are lying to dish, and violating the terms of use for dish services, which promise that the customer will keep all the receivers at one location. They just don't make random calls, they usually have a pretty good reason to call. They're not 100% in finding the accounts where this happens, they will get some accounts that are legitimate, but they find a good bit of fraud.

What do you want them to do? "Hey I am just calling to make sure you aren't violating your terms of service. Are all your recievers at you own home location?"

Believe it of not that audit team helps keep everybodies average bill from escallating.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

What do you want them to do? "Hey I am just calling to make sure you aren't violating your terms of service. Are all your recievers at you own home location?"

Believe it of not that audit team helps keep everybodies average bill from escallating.

That is exactly what they should do

They also caused me to lose the grandfathered pricing on my Hoppers so damn right i am pissed at them.

Sent from my iPhone

That is exactly what they should do

They also caused me to lose the grandfathered pricing on my Hoppers so damn right i am pissed at them.

Sent from my iPhone

Hmm... I got audited but they didn't affect my grandfather status.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Hmm... I got audited but they didn't affect my grandfather status.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

When they called me the idiots did not leave any message to call them back and then deactivated my receivers since they didn't reach me.

The caller id just showed the regular dish number.

Sent from my iPhone

Calling them losers is more than a bit over the line. They have a job to do, and that job is to find when people are lying to dish, and violating the terms of use for dish services, which promise that the customer will keep all the receivers at one location. They just don't make random calls, they usually have a pretty good reason to call. They're not 100% in finding the accounts where this happens, they will get some accounts that are legitimate, but they find a good bit of fraud.

But, there is a way for them to do it without being such aholes about it.

What's so darn sensitive about this info? It's not like your SSN or a CC number.
It had been reported and verified here that for someone to reset your online Dish password, they only need 3 pieces of information...receiver number was one of them. I forget the other 2, but they were usually easily accessible (email and zipcode, maybe). So if the that wasn't Dish that called him, his account is vulnerable.

EDIT: which is no longer the case. Looks like they beefed up the online account recovery process a little.

When they called me the idiots did not leave any message to call them back and then deactivated my receivers since they didn't reach me.

The caller id just showed the regular dish number.

Sent from my iPhone

Damn. I guess I got lucky, they left a message for me to call back. That's messed up though, maybe it's Dish's way of getting people out of the grandfather status? I guess DIRT couldn't help you with that? Sorry to hear that.

Ahh the dreaded dish police back at it again.If you don't get back in touch with them promptly they will shut all receivers but the main one off.That also in effect,changes the status of your account,any grandfathered stuff will be taken away.There have been a few of us that have voiced our displeasure over the actions of the dish police on this very forum.Doesn't seem it helped though.

If you don't get back in touch with them promptly they will shut all receivers but the main one off.That also in effect,changes the status of your account,any grandfathered stuff will be taken away.
That's BS.
(I don't mean you are being untrue. I mean losing a grandfathered service plan through no fault of the subscriber is a heaping pile of BS.)

That's BS.
(I don't mean you are being untrue. I mean losing a grandfathered service plan through no fault of the subscriber is a heaping pile of BS.)

It certainly is.I have no idea how anyone could get it corrected though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)