Is there a better way to get different local channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nheit

Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
United States
A few years ago, I had a local Dish provider change my service address to a place in Wisconsin so I could see every Packer game, even though I live in Illinois. The Wisconsin address I was using belonged to my cousins and they just moved. I don't want to keep using that address because I don't know the person who just moved in. Is there another way to keep receiving Wisconsin local channels, or do I have to go back to receiving Illinois channels?

Not what he is asking however.

?You could find a vacant lot and use that address. Or know anyone else there?

I have another address I could use, but the the local dish provider that originally changed the address for me won't change it because they said they got caught by Dish and almost lost their license. Is it possible that I could tell Dish I moved it by myself?

I have another address I could use, but the the local dish provider that originally changed the address for me won't change it because they said they got caught by Dish and almost lost their license. Is it possible that I could tell Dish I moved it by myself?

Just don't be stupid enough to call Dish and say

"I want to change my physical address so I can get different local channels"

I had someone tell me that. I told them no. I told them we are not allowed to change a person's physical address if they do not live there.

Moral of the story: If you've "moved", call Dish and change your address. But watch what you say.

I used google maps and picked a house in a neighborhood. I added a B behind the house number just to make sure that that address is not used. Leave your billing address your residence.

I just always added an apartment number to a McDonalds. I liked the idea of rolling out of my bed in my PJs walking a short distance for my McGriddle. I also enjoyed having fountain drink machines in my home. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)