Dish Network Location Code

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What do you want them to do? "Hey I am just calling to make sure you aren't violating your terms of service. Are all your recievers at you own home location?"

Believe it of not that audit team helps keep everybodies average bill from escallating.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Actually that is what they have said to customers and said to me when they checked, "They needed to verify all boxes in the household . . ." They also made it very clear that if our phone connection, for any reason, were interrupted, they would shut down all my boxes. I was asked if I was certain if my cordless telephone was sufficiently charged so that it certain not to fail. I was afford the opportunity to change phones before the process began. We went forward.

And BTW, it isn't piracy (which I do not support and hope pirates start paying their own way) that is causing our rates to go sky high (are they hot already sky high), it is the greed (fine. Charge a lot and make a good profit, but not to the extent that people are considering cutting the cord) of the copyright owners and program providers. Even Mike White and Charlie Ergen have made that clear. I haven't heard either mention piracy for at least a decade.

What happens if you do not own a cordless phone? Do they wait in hold as you go to each room and write down the location ID's?

What happens if you do not own a cordless phone? Do they wait in hold as you go to each room and write down the location ID's?

I'm pretty sure they will insist on a cordless phone,or at least one you can carry room to room.They turn the volume up on their end so they can hear you walking,different background noise etc.They don't fool around.

I know it's funny in this day & age but I do know people that don't own a cordless and have no cell phone. I just wondered what would happen then.

I guess those that have no cordless phone, no phone at all, or no cell service at their home if that is the only phone that you have will have their account shut down if you get a call from these folks.

I'm pretty sure they will insist on a cordless phone, or at least one you can carry room to room. They turn the volume up on their end so they can hear you walking, different background noise etc.

That is just sick. Who even thought up this disgusting behavior?

I'm pretty sure they will insist on a cordless phone,or at least one you can carry room to room.They turn the volume up on their end so they can hear you walking,different background noise etc.They don't fool around.
I would have my daughter walk with me and at the appropriate moment have a screaming meltdown for their benefit.

They shouldn't even be checking accounts with only 2 receivers. In fact, 3 receivers is kind of pushing it.

They should limit the checks to accounts with receivers added by the sub after the original installation. After all, the installer verified the original receivers were hooked up at the same location.

I would have my daughter walk with me and at the appropriate moment have a screaming meltdown for their benefit.

You would definitely fail the audit.:D They were getting very perturbed at me because my dogs were barking.According to the rules,you're supposed to have 20 to 30 minutes,of uninterrupted time to do the audit.Things that might cause a fail,knock at the door,beep of the phone from call waiting,etc.They will give you a chance to do it again,but talk about a pita.

As to who gets audited,any customer with multiple receivers can,and at some point probably will,get the call.They are just getting started this year.I thought after all the backlash in 2007/2008 they would have stopped,but I was wrong.

Things that might cause a fail,knock at the door,beep of the phone from call waiting,etc.They will give you a chance to do it again,but talk about a pita.
Who the f**k thought up rules like this ? How do they think someone can control if someone will knock on their door or get another phone call ?

Good thing my phone has a mute button :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

They shouldn't have the same location code. If they did have the same code, they couldn't verify that you had checked each one.

They don't. They can even change the code on-the-fly.

They shouldn't have the same location code. If they did have the same code, they couldn't verify that you had checked each one.

It's some sort of arithmetic calculation,not sure what all they can derive from the location id,but the entire process,including the location id,helps Dish determine if all receivers are in the same home they are supposed to be.I'm almost certain that 2 of our receivers had the same or almost the same location id.The others were completely different.

It's some sort of arithmetic calculation,not sure what all they can derive from the location id,but the entire process,including the location id,helps Dish determine if all receivers are in the same home they are supposed to be.I'm almost certain that 2 of our receivers had the same or almost the same location id.The others were completely different.

You can check your Location IDs at any time (MENU - MENU.)

That's not to say that they don't change constantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts