Dish Network News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
. Not wanting the Voom channels is different, but you basically suggested that you're paying attention to Voom programming enough to point out their repetitive programming on some channels.
Anyone with a guide button would have no trouble backing this up. You don't have to pay close attention at all. And for $52 dollars a month I'll deal with the 20 or 30 out of 200 BS SD channels. But when half you HD package is Voom repeating it programming ,Extremely over repeating !! 2 movies only over and over on 24 hours. No one is going to call Voom. They are going to call E*. and E is going to have to make the customer happy . NOT VOOM. Wheres Vooms Customer retention number. I'll have to see if its on my VOOM statement.:rolleyes: If I was talking about the weather channel I could see your point. But we are talking about 50% of E* HD package.All of E* HD isn't worth $20.

I never claimed the customer was smart. If anything, I give them more credit than I should apparently.

As for 20-30 channels? It's probably more like 180 out of 200. Which 20 actually matter to which customer varies.

I would put money that 80% of E* HD customers have type of a problem with Voom! Voom isn't going to solve its problems E* is going to have to. E* can fix this problem! And anyone who thinks they can't is crazy.

Yes and 80% of this country rather bitch about politics instead of writing their congressman a letter too. I agree that there's a lot of lazy people in this country that would rater gripe on an online forum instead of making some sort of effort.

I was merely suggesting maybe you (and others who are irritated with Voom or other programming) should be a bit more proactive.

As it goes I have no big deal with the Voom channels since I only watch certain ones that provide content that does interest me and does change. If I had a grievance, you can bet your sweet ass I'd be making a phone call or writing off an e-mail to Voom.

I would if I was paying Voom $20 per month for HD Programming. But I'm not so. Maybe E* should listen to is customers and make changes with Voom or else.If I had a problem with Starz I could drop the package and still have HD. Show me how to drop Voom and keep HD with E*. And Starz at most is $10 per month not $20.
E* cant change Voom!! Rainbow Media Can!! Go Bitch and Moan there!!

Trust me I've made phone calls,Other have written letters. Others have said in this thread . No responce from VOOM! You think people are comming here to bitch ,and have not taken other actions.What do you really think these forms and other types of media are for. This is part of being heard my Friend.

Trust me I've made phone calls,Other have written letters. Others have said in this thread . No responce from VOOM! You think people are comming here to bitch ,and have not taken other actions.What do you really think these forms and type of media are for. This is part of being heard my Friend.

I most DEFINITELY think most people come here and bitch and this is the end of the road for their tirade. Like I said, people are just as lazy as I think they are.

The fact you just NOW admit you wrote letters and made calls in the first place is convenient too. Why didn't you include that in your tirade about how you shouldn't have to pay for these things anymore? That DOES make the difference.

I also hope you mean you called Voom/Rainbow Media and wrote to them, instead of calling and writing to Dish Network, since you seem to be confused about who it is to blame.

I don't know why anyone would want to Kiss E* A#$. Really 2 people that don't have a problem with E* WOW. This is why nothing gets taken care of ! You only here to bitch about people with a few demands and complants. So exactly what did you do to help. Not a thing. Even E* didn't say Bitch to Voom or Rain Bow media. They said I understand your concern,and we are working on Breaking down our HD into different programming options. So thanks I took my own advise and E* just gave me 6 months of HD for free. VOOM gave me nothing!

I don't know why anyone would want to Kiss E* A#$.

It's not about kissing E*'s ass. It's about the fact that you fail to properly place the blame in the right place.

Really 2 people that don't have a problem with E* WOW.

I never said I didn't have a problem with E*. I just said I had nothing wrong specifically with the Voom channels, there is a difference.

So exactly what did you do to help. Not a thing.

You didn't either. Instead you proved your own laziness and unwillingness to place blame, nor contact those who have the power to change the situation. If you had done that (which you claimed you made calls, which obviously you didn't (or to the wrong place) as you asked for Rainbow Media's phone number), then you'd have a proper grievance if there was inaction.

I'm glad that Dish just gave you a nice warm fuzzy that you seem fine with instead of someone actually fixing the problem. Me, I'd rather have the problem fixed than a warm fuzzy.

If you prefer warm and fuzzy instead of action, then I guess you got your way.

Simply put.
I have been contemplating the idea of cancelling E* as soon as my 18 month contract is up. I would have expected that E* would make this a tough decision by offering more HD channels, better prices, extended special offers, etc.
NOPE.
Instead, they are doing All they possibly can to make it an EASY decision to cancel. I'm not sure I understand the logic. But I guess I don't care. My 18 months is up in the next 2 months.
Thank you E* for making this easy for me.

I'm glad that Dish just gave you a nice warm fuzzy that you seem fine with instead of someone actually fixing the problem. Me, I'd rather have the problem fixed than a warm fuzzy.

If you prefer warm and fuzzy instead of action, then I guess you got your way.
E* I'm sure will deal with it .You think they won't. You think they want to keep giving people discounts? This is no different then the way I run my business I'm a general contractor So is E* I hire Subcontractors E* does the same for programming. If my roofer screws up the homeower deals with me. Not the roofer. I deal with the roofer. Same as E* deals with VOOM. E* doesn't have to carry any channels if they aren't any good. If E* isn't aware of what problems are around ,You think Voom is going to tell them.E and D* are paying these networks for their channels.

I'm here at least until they put the new sats up.. I don't blame E* for the problem with the launch systems. They're also stuck in certain slots in the line to launch them. I do definitely blame them for a lack of communication with the customer as to their intentions and timelines, since they obviously have a good idea of when their launch slots are.

I do think that people would bitch (if they watch them or not) if E* stripped the Voom channels just to add these channels that D* has, especially the RSNs that I have no interest in buying Sports Pack to see.

Communication could save the day, and that's not E*'s strong suit.

E* I'm sure will deal with it .You think they won't. You think they want to keep giving people discounts? This is no different then the way I run my business I'm a general contractor So is E* I hire Subcontractors E* does the same for programming. If my roofer screws up the homeower deals with me. Not the roofer. I deal with the roofer. Same as E* deals with VOOM. E* doesn't have to carry any channels if they aren't any good. If E* isn't aware of what problems are around ,You think Voom is going to tell them.E and D* are paying these networks for their channels.

Voom only provides channels to Optimum and to Dish Network. The customer service person's job is to take the path of least resistance because it ends up costing them more to keep you around ranting and raving. In this case, you were more expensive to keep on the phone instead of handing you free months of service.

The CS rep probably doesn't even directly work for Dish Network and your problem with Voom will never get down the line.

It doesn't mean that E* won't take responsibility for the problem anyway, but it does mean that they probably won't pass it onto Voom, short of maybe e-mailing ceo@, Dish's programming department, or similar.

If you wanted to be proactive, contacting Rainbow Media directly would've been the solution. Like I said, you wanted the warm fuzzy instead, which is fine. E* makes out like a bandit on HD channels (seeing as many of them are either Voom or HD recast of SD channels they already pay for), they're more than happy to give you free months.

I just Called Rainbow Media. Now i'm waiting for a return phone call since the person who deals with Voom isn't in today. I'll keep you posted. I can't wait to hear what they say.

It'll probably be like "Your problem and low content are important to us" heh.

You might be only the 3rd person that's actually called them in Voom history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)