Dish Network News

Simply put.
I have been contemplating the idea of cancelling E* as soon as my 18 month contract is up. I would have expected that E* would make this a tough decision by offering more HD channels, better prices, extended special offers, etc.
NOPE.
Instead, they are doing All they possibly can to make it an EASY decision to cancel. I'm not sure I understand the logic. But I guess I don't care. My 18 months is up in the next 2 months.
Thank you E* for making this easy for me.
bye dont let the barn doorhit ya on the way out!!

I think both sat providers should tie their contract terms to people's credit scores. You have a 700, you only have to commit to 3 months. You have a 600, you must commit the full two years. This would also probably shift retailers towards marketing more to higher credit customers as they would get better signup terms and probably be less of a chargeback risk like the 550s are.

They could also give retailers the option of absorbing a longer CB period in exchange for shorter customer commitment terms. A retailer might be willing to take an 14 month CB period on a 700+ customer to get his contract down to a shorter term which could give him leverage to seal a deal with a high-credit customer. However, don't force longer CB periods on retailers without incentives. If DISH does that, then the gain in incentives over DTV will be negated.

I emailed the findoutmore@voomhd.com email address last week to voice my concerns about the reduced 3 to 6 hour loops. I emailed Liberty Media about it this morning. I plan to call LM and E* Wednesday morning.

Why would you contact Liberty Media (DirecTV, Starz, and Discovery channels)? They have nothing to do with Voom. You're looking for Rainbow Media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)