Dish Network Nightmare

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pcdoc

Original poster
May 27, 2005
I have had 2 companies and 6 tech's try to install the new addition the first company told me that they had to order a part from Dish to make the system work I paid them $567.00 for a new DVR Receiver and $128.00 to have it installed. I waited 2 weeks for them to call back finally I called Dish directly I told them of my problem. and told me for $128.99 they could send some one out to install it and make it work this is on top of what I have already paid them. it was secluded for 8-12 and they got there @ 3pm very Tired,Dirty and Cranky and all they talked about is how Dish network keeps screwing them over, well they worked on it until 8pm and could not get it working and I was told they would be back @ 9am to work on it again after putting no less than 6 dishes on my house 4 switches and putting numerous holes in my $230,000 house and spending 6 more hours they had it working. for about 1 hour cussing and screaming they said that was all they new to do and they would send there boss out at 10 am to see if he could get it working. at 4pm the boss showed up he ripped all the cabled out from my TV and re did every thing over again he could not get it to work. either ,Now I have 4 techs from that company in my house with attitudes smoking in my house and helping them selves to what ever the wonted to drink and asking me about how to program smart cards to get cable for free Well I own a computer company and some were down the line I guess they thought I new how to do it.
I told them it was illegal and besides I don't no how to do it and wouldn't even if I did. I pay for my service and for $100.00 a month it wouldn't be worth my while. but insisted I should try to do it and they would buy them from me. I make $147.000 a year and didn't need to be hassled like that THAT WAS JUST WRONG. but getting back on track Mike the Boss told on of the techs to get a new box from the truck and try it sure enough it worked 7pm 4hr later. Now comes the party that sent me over the edge Mike told me that the Guys must have hooked the box up wrong and burnt it out but would call dish to find out what he could do. He told me while your rep was on the phone for $50.00 he
could do a receiver swap at this point I figured for $50.00 and to get them out of my home I would do it. I gave the lady my CC info over the phone and then got disconnected never got a confirm Number or any thing well the Boss went off because he had to call Dish again and wait on hold ECT.Ect when he got the next rep on the phone they told him they could still do the swap but need to ship it to me even though the one he brought into my house had been activated and was working fine at this point I threw all 4 of them out of my house and told them not to come back.

Now I don't no what is going on here but you have one unsatisfied customer

I need help I thought I would take a chance and write to you before I take legal action.

And by the way I turned on my TV that worked this morning and now nothing is working Thousands of dollars later and 3 day off from work I have rabbit ears on my TV

This has to get straighten out with some competent people.

If any body can tell me who to contact please let me no.. :no

Send a detailed e-mail to ceo@dishnetwork.com

They are pretty good at getting back with people. That e-mail will reach their executive offices.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

1) Talk to a lawyer.

2) Stop bragging about how much you make. And what difference is it if your house is worth $50,00 or $5,000,000?

3) Get a backbone. If a service person comes into your house, you can expect him not to smoke, use inappropriate language or propose anything illegal. If he smokes, ask him to go outside. If he refuses, order him out of your house. Similarly, ask him to stop using the language. If he continues, kick him out. As to the illegal stuff, kick him out right away. Refuse to sign anything if you kick them out and call the police if there is a problem.

PCDOC if you have calmed down reread what you wrote and use spellcheck. I would hate to admit I was worth $150,000 a year and had such bad spelling and grammar. ETC is the abbreviation for et cetera not ECT. :) :) :)

boba said:
I would hate to admit I was worth $150,000 a year and had such bad spelling and grammar.
Hey, he only said he was worth $147.00 per year (used a period instead of a comma) :D.

boba said:
PCDOC if you have calmed down reread what you wrote and use spellcheck. I would hate to admit I was worth $150,000 a year and had such bad spelling and grammar. ETC is the abbreviation for et cetera not ECT. :) :) :)

PCDOC,

Let me be the first to apologize for some of the anal people on this site and welcome you. After you send your e-mail, please share their reply with us so that others can learn from your horrible experience. Doing spell check now........

I was thinking that Chaddux would weigh in, and comment on the spelling/grammar and punctuation errors!!
Honestly - we get the jist of his message - it doesn't matter if he can't write it in a professional manner. If you don't like the way someone writes, just go on to another posting. If he didn't learn in grammar school (or, elementary as they say nowadays) he will never learn proper diction. Let it go! Heck, I'm from Texas and we still say "Ya'll" , and "fixin' to", etc.

Tom in Tx (illititerate state - ask Gary Penn)
P.S and Know, I din't use no stinkin spel check on this here posting

jssat said:
Let me be the first to apologize for some of the anal people on this site and welcome you. After you send your e-mail, please share their reply with us so that others can learn from your horrible experience.
The "anal person" was actually giving good advice. If PCDOC's post is to be the basis of the e-mail he has been recommended to send, it needs to be cleaned up before it's seen by the people whose sympathy he is trying to gain and who can actually do something about it.

For goodness sake! Leave this new guy alone!

The ability to spell and compose grammar in English does not have a direct relationship to intelligence and salary. Ebglish has nothing to do with logic. It is worst than French and German, when it comes to consistant rules, and way behind Spanish in rulles for spelling, punctuation and grammar.

The point is, "How can we help this person, who came here for help?" He just got a few of the bad apples in this industry.

I would have to guess that this guy was still fuming when he posted. I would be too and not very concerned with grammar and puntuation. I can only hope that he is able to get this resolved, this time with ALOT more professionalism. If these guys were at my house and did what they did I would be getting that company to re-roof my house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.