DISH NETWORK now offers the INTERNATIONAL NEWS PACKAGE

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
for 5 dollars it can be added onto a core package. it includes: looks like only a international core package only :( darn that sucks I was wanting FRANCE 24 ENGLISH BAD :(

EURONEWS (EURNS)

FRANCE 24 ENGLISH (F24EN)
NDTV 24*7 (NDTV)
RUSSIA TODAY (RT)
TIMES NOW (TIMES)

Last edited:
Interesting thanks for sharing and could of added a few others besides what you mentioned!! :)

How many of these are for free on Roku or Internet?

http://dishworld.com/packages/sports/roku

18 channels for 10.00 a month on the roku

Sports Package includes 5 outstanding Sports channels beIN Sports Universal Sports One World Sports Nautical Channel beIN Sports en Español

Sports Package also includes 13 great English International channels Free!

Eurochannel Euronews Trace Urban Blue Ocean Network Baby TV Ebru TV LUXE TV France 24 (English) FashionTV Zoom RT NDTV 24x7 Bloomberg TV

Last edited:
This was posted here almost two years ago, the news package and sports package are not new packages. I have had it since it began. It includes more channels than listed in the list in the OP, - newspack is same as shown from the Roku subscription minus the sports channels. (Dish worked with me to ease the cost of getting an international core to get it)

And it is available on Roku as posted.

Last edited:
How many of these are for free on Roku or Internet?

None that I am aware of. EuroNews in English is blocked in the U.S. (Unless you use a proxy) It's alot of the reason Dishworld exists on Roku. There were too many illligal channels, EuroNews being one of them that were on Roku. It is legal through DISH because they have rights to broadcast it.

Simply amazing ...

We an have an 'international news package' but not distant networks ... maybe if it was presented as a 'domestic news package', it might have sold better.

It isn't a domestic news package. And it has nothing to do with Distants. We don't have Sunday Ticket either but don't see the connection to international news to that either!

We an have an 'international news package' but not distant networks ... maybe if it was presented as a 'domestic news package', it might have sold better.

What's simply amazing is that you're equating the two when I fact they fall under very different legal situations. Local channels are a beast unto themselves and laws governing their retransmission greatly impact the offering distant networks. None of that applies to this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This was posted here almost two years ago, the news package and sports package are not new packages. I have had it since it began. It includes more channels than listed in the list in the OP, - newspack is same as shown from the Roku subscription minus the sports channels. (Dish worked with me to ease the cost of getting an international core to get it)

And it is available on Roku as posted.

Ah, then an INTERNATIONAL Core is required to get it. Thanks for clearing that up for me, at least. Just wanted to be sure.

The Sports pack online (Dishworld) requires no other package, has all the sports channels and the News pack channels, and more with all channels being English language. $10 a month, qualifies for 1/2 off a Roku 3 or free Roku 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts