Dish Network Offers First Nationwide Karaoke Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
jollygrunt said:
I'd love to see these channels a-la-carte:

The Anime network
The NFL Network
ESPNU

I wouldn't mind paying about $10 each if that was the only way I could get them.
I'd be willing to subscribe to top 180 at $49.90 ($2 increase) if they added oxygen, anime network & Monsters HD & Rave HD at no additional cost.

Oh and while they're added it, drop the freaking shoping, public intrest, & religious channels.

DISH Network Partners With Sound Choice to Offer

First Nationwide Interactive Karaoke TV Channel

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - April 28, 2005 - EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network(tm) satellite TV service announced today that it has partnered with Sound Choice to bring the nation's first interactive karaoke TV channel to DISH Network's interactive TV line-up. Viewers can mimic the idols of their choice by singing along to more than 20 songs from two different music genres.

"The Karaoke Channel by Sound Choice brings one of the most popular hobbies to the most comfortable place you can think of, your living room," said Susan Arnold, vice president of Programming at DISH Network. "With the addition of karaoke, DISH Network is the largest U.S. provider of ITV programs, with more than 25 interactive channels, and the world leader in the number of ITV-enabled homes serving over 10 million customers."

The Karaoke Channel by Sound Choice allows viewers to choose from two different play-lists consisting of 10 songs each. The songs range from country to hip-hop and rotate bi-weekly. Viewers are given a free preview of the channel before being prompted to subscribe to the service.

Customers can subscribe to The Karaoke Channel by Sound Choice for $4.99 a month through "DISH Home's" Ch. 100, via the web at www.dishnetwork.com, or by calling 1-800-333-DISH. Customers can purchase karaoke equipment to enhance their experience at www.dishkaraoke.com.

The Karaoke Channel by Sound Choice application was developed by OpenTV Corp. (NASDAQ: OPTV) utilizing its ITV middleware technology. DISH Network customers with the following OpenTV-enabled receivers can use their remote controls to access interactive TV programs: Model 3900, Model 4900, DISH 111, DISH 311 and 301, DISH 501, 508, 510 and DISH 811.

For more information call 1-800-333 DISH (3474) or go to www.dishnetwork.com. For print quality images go to www.dishnetwork.com and click "about us."

About Sound Choice

Sound Choice believes that you don't have to be a star to enjoy singing. Everyone is born with an innate desire to sing and regardless of ability level it should be encouraged, not suppressed. Sound Choice is proud to provide the music for individuals of any age to express themselves through this personal form of interactive entertainment. http://www.soundchoice.com.

About OpenTV

OpenTV Corp. (NASDAQ: OPTV) is one of the world's leading interactive television companies. Deployed in approximately 50 million digital set-top-boxes in 96 countries, the company's software enables a wide array of functionality, including enhanced television, interactive shopping, interactive and addressable advertising, games and gaming, personal video recording, and a variety of consumer care and communication applications. For more information, please visit www.opentv.com.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. DISH Network ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers by J.D. Power and Associates. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

Kelley Baca

EchoStar's DISH Network

(303) 723-2012

kelley.baca@echostar.com

K'Nesha Maddox

Sound Choice

(704) 583-1616 ext. 1106

nesham@soundchoice.com

Marc McCarthy

OpenTV

(415) 962-5111

mmccarthy@opentv.com

Ok how many times is dish going to announce this Karaoke Channel?

When was the Karaoke Channel first mentioned as coming soon to Dish Network?

clapple said:
Add this to the Bingo channel and why would anyone want more HD?

"Very interesting; but stupid!"

They must be desperate to make a buck. With any luck they might get 2 subcribers to the channel.

Great. i cant wait to do my rendition of copacabana. who would want more HD when i can sing like the birds. living in ny/ct area with no yes network and probably no mets next year( so thats no ny home area baseball teams and HD lite) its back to cablevision i go.

Oh WOW! I can hardly wait! And only an additional $4.99/mo.!!!!!

Now just who would want more HD when they could have "compelling content" like this?

Charlie, you didn't need to 'Git-R-Done' this time!

da Doug

THis is overpriced by an oreder of magnitude. I might consider paying $0.50/month (though I still would be unlikely to get it), but $5/month is what they charge for locals. For $10/month more I could get 60 more channels then I get now. Who would ever pay $5/month to be able to access two songs at any given time?

danielle_s said:
a little off topic, but interactive none the less. What about Wal*Mart-ineractive or Target-interactive. This would be scarey.

They already have Sharper Image.

NightRyder

Charlie should pay US !

Sapient said:
THis is overpriced by an oreder of magnitude. I might consider paying $0.50/month (though I still would be unlikely to get it), but $5/month is what they charge for locals. For $10/month more I could get 60 more channels then I get now. Who would ever pay $5/month to be able to access two songs at any given time?

Charlie should pay us just for allowing him to challenge our intelligence with dumb ideas like that ! :shocked

if dish can bore us to death with karaoke why can't they offer us dominos pizza?

Also, I love sharper image. I sub to their catalog. I can't wait to see it on dish, will I like it or not? I don't know. But I do agree that dish could do better with their interactive services other than karaoke.

As mentioned above by NightRyder, they already do have Sharper Image available on Dish Home Interactive. I looked at it several weeks ago and just laughed at all of the poorly edited interactive catalog pages. I hope their printed catalog is actually edited. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts