Dish network phone line requirements

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mlb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Kettering, Ohio
I am having Dish installed tomorrow. Today I received a call from the installation company verifying the appointment. She lady said I only needed 2 of the 3 set top boxes to be plugged into a phone line. Is this true? Or do I need to run a new phone line to the 3rd box (it doesn't have a phone line close by).

Thanks!

You need to have all 3 hooked up to a phone line to be in compliance with the user agreement. You can use a wireless phonejack if you dont have a phone jack nearby one of the receivers.

However, I think I read that a couple of the new receivers will communicate with each other to verify that they are hooked up locally, either through the power lines, or the home distribution systems.

But don't quote me.

SmityWhity -
You are correct, however, that feature is not active yet. Scott wrote about seeing a demonstration of it in his TeamSummit blog.

Do you mean you only have 1 box (the 622) and you are running another TV off of the 622? Assuming that is what you mean, yes, you just need to have the box plugged into a phone line. There would be nothing to plug a second phone line into.

The phone line is to waive the 2nd rm fee ($5) for dual tuners (625s,322s,622s). If you do not have the phone line it will need a phone bypass activation by dish and it costs $5 each month for the 2nd rm.

as a full time rv'r i have full wavers on file for distant networks and locals for mobile receivers but never heard about a phone fee until the 622 came out do you think i will be waved this fee?

No, I don't think you will. This is a fee for each tuner that is waived if you have a phone line plugged in.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You need to have all 3 hooked up to a phone line to be in compliance with the user agreement. You can use a wireless phonejack if you dont have a phone jack nearby one of the receivers.

I have a 622, an 811 and a 311, so I will need all 3 to be hooked up to a phone line?

Well, to be in compliance with the Dish rules, I think the answer is yes, but to avoid any extra outlet fees you will only need to have the 622 hooked to a phone line. (This phone line requirement/extra outlet fee is only applicable to dual tuner receivers.

No this fee is not waived for any reason. The only way to avoid it is to have the receivers connected to phone lines. DN loves there extra little fees, like the phone line and the dvr, then there is also the fee to remove or downgrade programming on your acct.

What are you responding to? This thread is over a month old and all information has already been given...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)