Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't know..... you may want to give it a try first.

Switched one of my recievers this weekend, used a CC on the phone. It's pretty good so far, I have locals at the cabin now. Which I never had before :D

The way she made it sound I could turn on and off things as I wanted, even deactivate when I'm not at the cabin.

Never mentioned anything about a fee for doing that.

Gave choices for paying, CC, mail in a check and a couple other options.

I don't understand it all yet.... but so for I like this alot better :D
No idea how the PPV will work? but the channels all come up now.
she never mentioned that this was the "flex" program just said it was the new prepaid program.

Local channels, plus the option to turn other things on as I want them. I could probably sell your receivers to my neighbors if you dont want them. We get nothing up here after the digital switch.

Oh and I did not pay a setup fee to switch it over.

I too have made the switch. It was very easy to do, no hassles at all. After getting off the phone, they sent a signal to my receiver within about 10 minutes and I was good to go. Interestingly, all traces of Dishnow have been wiped from my 301 receiver, e.g., no countdown of how many days left of programming and no longer says "dishnow" in the system info screen.

As the previous poster mentioned, there is no activation fee. I signed up for the welcome pack, locals, and superstations for about $20/month total, which I had to pay up front. I also registered my account on the dish netowrk website and can add and remove programming there. I was also able to add the remaining funds of my Greendot Moneypack to my account.

It's nice having access to all the features regular customers have, such as games, dishHOME, PPV, etc. I can even get german programming now (just need to buy another dish or get a superdish)!

Tonight I added my second receiver.

Apparently they will charge $5 for making changes after your account is set-up. But that's if you go through the CS rep.

If you go online and do it I believe it doesn't cost the extra $5.

So I'm guessing going online is also how you pay for PPV.

At least that's how I understand now, don't quote me on anything .. I just figuring it out.

Still think so far this is much better than the old way. :)

how were you able to add a second receiver? im actually on the fence, as no one can give me a clear answer on that one, the second receiver does it have to be a flex/dishnow receiver, can i just get a cheap one on ebay and activate? the other reason im on the fence is the premiums, one of the reasons i liked dishnow was the fact i could just order HBO if i wanted just HBO, this system sounds more like a regular sub then anything.

I have 2 dishnow prepaid receivers that I was already using, so they are both on my account and it's the $5.xx extra.

I don't know if they need to be prepaid/flex or if anything would work?

So all I have to do is call the DishNow number and they'll be able to assist me? I've still got the problem I mentioned earlier where my smart card says it's not authorized to receive programming on (any) channels. Perhaps signing up for this will alleviate that issue. Next time I'd be buying program I'll give them a call I guess.

HELP, STEELERSRULE!!!! I have been LOVING the freedom of pre-paid for months now. Yesterday I tried to turn it on for the weekend and was told DISH is discontinuing the Pre-Paid service. What are we going to do now? I swore I would never go back to billing until they offered ala carte service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)