DISH Network Price Change

I'd say your cutting it too close. I would take it off today. That still only gives you one full business day in between.

Ok i do it sunday night then.. either way, the time they give it shouldn't matter since I'm sure I can call and raise hell to get it added for the gift.

Nominal said:
As of when? (I canceled my Platinum this past Sunday.)

As of the 23rd. Here's what a csr posted earlier in this thread:

bigwillieb said:
As long, as you have Top 120 or higher, you will get it, no commitment, flex and non flex, will get the 30 year anniversary gift. And, when we asked during training about if someone drops Starz do they get the gift, no clear answer, I would say if you drop it do it now if you want to get the Starz for free, because it is already being set up, the computer system is getting ready to add over 10 million customers free programing for a year. Of course, this is my first post so, take it as a grain of salt, just a CSR here.

Some people are also now reporting that they are already getting their free gifts.

As long, as you have Top 120 or higher, you will get it, no commitment, flex and non flex, will get the 30 year anniversary gift. And, when we asked during training about if someone drops Starz do they get the gift, no clear answer, I would say if you drop it do it now if you want to get the Starz for free, because it is already being set up, the computer system is getting ready to add over 10 million customers free programing for a year. Of course, this is my first post so, take it as a grain of salt, just a CSR here.

Actually that earlier post was why I acted when I did. After it was posted this past Sunday on the 23rd I immediately logged into my account and canceled Platinum. Guess I have to wait and see if it was on time.

Nominal said:
Actually that earlier post was why I acted when I did. After it was posted this past Sunday on the 23rd I immediately logged into my account and canceled Platinum. Guess I have to wait and see if it was on time.

Yeah, me too. I had just started my free 3 months of Starz a few weeks ago and cancelled it on the 24th. Hoping my gamble pays off.

I think I have already started getting my free Platinum HD channels. I cancelled them earlier this week hoping to get them free and now they are back on. I didn't see any change to my account online.

Well it seems I can just wait till after Feb 1st and just call or chat back to them to get it added for free so I'll just leave it alone and do that Tuesday.

Here is a little quick online chat with a CSR... take it for a grain of salt but that is what the guy said and I made sure to save the discussion just in case!

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
*** (ID: ): Hello.

*** (ID: ): How may I help you?

***********: I was getting ready to terminate my Starz programming yesterday when I was told by a friend that due to a 25th anniversary of Dish as of the 1st of Feb we were getting it free for a year as a gift, is this true and if so can I get in on this or do I need to cancel Starz now for it to take effect on Feb 1st.

*** (ID: ): I'd be happy to assist you with your request.

*** (ID: ): I am sorry, we do have the promotion, however you need to check that after Feb,1st.

*** (ID: X3L): We are not sure of the promotion yet, you will get that after 02/01.

***********: Ok that just leaves that one question, if I cancel now is it automatic back on my account for free for 12months or do I wait and see that I'm getting it now will it go free. I do not want to supplement a free year of it for some other programming or PPV coupons or something of that nature.

*** (ID: ): If it is available, you need to contact us back and make it active on the account. If the Starz is available for promotion, you will continue to get Starz but it will be free after 02/01.

***********: Ok so what your saying is it will be automatic after 02/11 or I will need to contact after that date to make it this way?

*** (ID: ): I am sorry, you need to contact us to make it active on the account.

***********: Ok so best to leave it as it is and just call or chat back to get it set to the "gift" or promotion status which is the free for 12months?

*** (ID: ): Yes, you are correct.

***********: aww ok sounds good, thanks

This is my experience: I had a three month promo offer for Starz that I hadn't yet activated. I called the number on the holiday promo card and spoke to a CSR. I let her know that I was interested in taking advantage of the promo, but that I had heard about the twelve month anniversary gift and didn't want to jeopardize that. She put me on hold and checked on it. When she came back she said applying the holiday Starz promo would interfere with the twelve month deal. She gave me three months of Platinum instead of Starz for the holiday promo and activated the twelve months of Starz promo on my account. I got an email verifying the changes and Starz has been on for the past several days here. The only thing I'll have to do is add Platinum back to my account in three months (it will auto drop off my account as it is set as a free three month promo).

I just did online chat. CSR wouldn't let me cancel my free 3 months of Starz. After discussing price increase, free PPV coupons and free Platium he sayed I would have another good surprise come Feb. 1. Anyone knows what that is about?

I just did online chat. CSR wouldn't let me cancel my free 3 months of Starz. After discussing price increase, free PPV coupons and free Platium he sayed I would have another good surprise come Feb. 1. Anyone knows what that is about?
Yes . Your bill will go up by $5.00 due to price increase. SURPRISE!!:p

I got the email today, free encore for one year. Guess I waited too long to drop Starz. Annoying but hey, it's still free stuff so that's cool.

I tried to drop HD Platinum this past Wednesday but couldn't as the option was greyed out. I tried again on Thursday and was successful and now I know why. The option to drop must have been locked while Dish was qualifying my account for the February 1st promotion. I dropped it one day too late and received six PPV coupons rather than my preferred choice of Dish Platinum for one year (also have AEP with HD 250 Free). I called Dish and spoke with a CSR yesterday who told me he would make the switch meaning he would remove the six PPV coupons and give me Dish Platinum free for one year. Unfortunately, he only made notes on my account and said I would have to call back on February 1st to actually make it happen. Hopefully when I call on Tuesday it will happen as CSR's aren't always correct in what they say. Time will tell.

I just received my "Free"....6 PPV movies. That's nice but I must use them by the end of April......which for me is a hassle. Some folks will complain even if they get hung with a new rope........
Is the "Free" EHD connections coming soon ?

When you plug in your EHD the receiver will prompt you if you want to format the drive and then it will set you up..

My 722k just asks if I want to manage the contents. Then it tells me the feature isnt supported when trying to move recordings. I am using a 40gb external hard drive. It does let me view photos on the drive though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)