DISH Network Price Change

The receiver thinks that you want to view photos on that drive. Because it is so small the receiver thinks you have a flash drive. You have to clean them off first and then plug the drive in. I'd actually format the external drive to get it totally clean. A 40gb drive isn't going to give you much room for archiving......

My EHD is up and running, no call to DISH required. Plugged it in yesterday, it asked to format, and then I moved content to it, and played from it! Thank you DISH! Now, let me keep my Absolute, and I'll be a happy camper!

I plugged in a 200gb and it recognized it. However I am not ready to reformat until I move some data off, is this going to be free forever or is it just a glitch?

Thanks all!

Well Starz has launched for free on my account. Not jumping up and down with joy over the programming price increase, however, getting Starz for free, with no hassle of calling to get it... then spending the next three months trying to get the $13 /month fee off the bill is a very nice bone to have thrown back to us. Thanks a bunch Dish Network.

Well Starz has launched for free on my account. Not jumping up and down with joy over the programming price increase, however, getting Starz for free, with no hassle of calling to get it... then spending the next three months trying to get the $13 /month fee off the bill is a very nice bone to have thrown back to us. Thanks a bunch Dish Network.

It's actually set to automatically turn off, no call required.

then spending the next three months trying to get the $13 /month fee off the bill is a very nice bone to have thrown back to us. Thanks a bunch Dish Network.
It will drop off automatically. Its set in a special free preview mode. No need to call in.

Aww WTF!!! I just paid $40 for this a few months ago.... I wonder if I can get my money back!?? I will ask cause I'm on chat now since the Encore 12mo free stuff hit me this morning and I didn't want that..just the Starz that I already had.

Ok I just ignored the removing of the HDD fee... ohh well, but I was on chat and the CSR wouldn't do squat for me.. wanted to give me a $5/month credit while keeping the Encore stuff and paying full price for starz. I just said nope that don't add up and I"ll call back later. So I did and the guy on the phone managed to change it right over with no problems. I told the girl $5/month from what should be $13/month does not add up and she played stupid. I even told her to just take the Encore package off cause I only watch HD programming and it was worthless to me in Standard..she didn't understand a lick of what I was saying. Best to get on the phone guys if you had Starz and want to turn it around.

I realize that. That is what I mean. Many promos, you need to call, get it set up, then it gets billed wrongly on the bill, you spend a while trying to fix it. This turned on automatically and will go off automatically. That is sweet.

Even though I'd gone into my account on 1/25 and dropped Starz from my subscription, I noticed yesterday that they'd put 6 PPV (I must've missed the audit window). So, I chatted with a CSR who told me he couldn't do anything for me...that they don't have an option to do that. So, I have an email into ceo to if they'll give me Starz in exchange for the 6 PPV coupons. We'll see what happens...

So, I have an email into ceo to if they'll give me Starz in exchange for the 6 PPV coupons. We'll see what happens...
I don't think they can take back the PPV coupons. I requested some during the FOX debacle and they never showed up, so I chatted with a rep about it. He/she said they'd process a 2nd set of (3) for me. While still on the chat, the first (3) and the 2nd (3) showed up. I told him he could cancel (3) of them and was told "enjoy" :D.

Even though I'd gone into my account on 1/25 and dropped Starz from my subscription, I noticed yesterday that they'd put 6 PPV (I must've missed the audit window). So, I chatted with a CSR who told me he couldn't do anything for me...that they don't have an option to do that. So, I have an email into ceo to if they'll give me Starz in exchange for the 6 PPV coupons. We'll see what happens...

Don't do the chat..its worthless, get someone on the phone to fix it cause they CAN fix it!!

I got the three months free Starz and screwed myself. It ended yesterday. Now, instead of all the Starz channels free for a year, I get one channel, Encore.

<sarcasm> Yippie!</sarcasm>

At least I didn't get PPV coupons.

I got the three months free Starz and screwed myself. It ended yesterday. Now, instead of all the Starz channels free for a year, I get one channel, Encore.

<sarcasm> Yippie!</sarcasm>

At least I didn't get PPV coupons.

Call them!! They switched mine around after I raised some hell, but you need to do it on the phone not the chat, just explain your situation and tell them what you want. Tell them the Encore is worthless since you don't watch SD channels anymore either as that's all its available in..I don't think they realized that when they put in this type of setup.