Dish Network price hike a reality

OK, sorry to scare everyone then... :eek: *embarassed*

I upped with Dish back in Nov/Dec last year, so I guess like 'JustaLurker' said that I am finally catching up with everyone else since my 1 year is up.

I don't know if I want to re-up for another year. Might as well. The equipment is good, content on HD still sux. Software is S-L-O-W-L-Y getting better.

I guess that means on Dec 20, I can tear my 921 apart and see what makes it tick....

The price we pay to be on the bleeding edge. :cool:

I had better start giving out my Club-Dish cards. I've been using them to set my soda cans on. :D

New activations with the DHP don't have to pay a leasing fee. Is it not possible after your one year commitment is up to have them switch you to this plan?

Stryf3 said:
New activations with the DHP don't have to pay a leasing fee. Is it not possible after your one year commitment is up to have them switch you to this plan?
DHP no longer exists in Feb.2004 DISH replaced it with DHA which dosen't have all the benefits of DHP.
:)

The difference is that on DHA you have the option for in-home service whereas in DHP you had to pay the extra $5 whether you wanted in-home service or not plus its $6 now instead of $5. Also you can get the $6 waived by signing a contract. There is a two-year contract where you do not get charged the fee for that period of time. That seems to be a benefit over DHP as well. The 322 and 522 being available since DHP started also helps the consumer save money and give them better functionality such as more rooms with DVR functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts