Dish Network Protection Plan

Greg99

Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
NY
I've had Dish now for 11 months, I noticed the $6.00 Protection Plan charge in June, called them and told to take it off (I'm paying for a warranty on there equipment -no way) the Nov bill came and again there charging for the Protection Plan. I called customer service and it was like talking to a piece of broccoli. There customer service is just bad. Greg

Hi Greg and :welcome to Sat Guys. I am a CSR with DISH Network and I apologize that your Protection Plan was not removed as you had requested. If you would please PM me your account information (Account# or phone#), the name on the account, and the 4 digit security code, I will get this issue resolved for you. Thank you!

I've had Dish now for 11 months, I noticed the $6.00 Protection Plan charge in June, called them and told to take it off (I'm paying for a warranty on there equipment -no way) the Nov bill came and again there charging for the Protection Plan. I called customer service and it was like talking to a piece of broccoli. There customer service is just bad. Greg

The best customer service that minimum wages can buy. ;)

As far as the plan goes- it covers service calls, too. Obviously it has value to some of us, as I am not the only one that pays for it.

Remember, you pay for repairs on a car you lease.

It is worth it to me for replacement coverage on purchased receivers. I've bought two 612's and each has been replaced once after a hard drive failure.

Yes I have had Dish Network's Protection Plan from day1 with Dish Network because it covers so many things other than service calls for $15.(otherwise it's $95.).It also covers power surges, dish realignments,remote controls ect.I sleep alot better knowing my whole Dish Network system is covered,but then to each their own.:)

You can see all it covers here:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/legal/serviceplan.pdf ;)

I recently added the protection plan to my account. As it let me replace my owned, out of warranty 922.

Yes I have had Dish Network's Protection Plan from day1 with Dish Network because it covers so many things other than service calls for $15.(otherwise it's $95.).It also covers power surges, dish realignments,remote controls ect.I sleep alot better knowing my whole Dish Network system is covered,but then to each their own.:)

You can see all it covers here:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/legal/serviceplan.pdf ;)

Just read the plan coverage and I am a bit concerned. Basically if a terrorist comes in and blows up my receiver it is not covered.

Dish does seem to cover about anything with that plan. As a retailer we do not. Dish will cover a service call when the customer has their TV on the wrong input or when a customer moves their receiver to the other side of the room and can't get it to work. These are not warranty issues and we charge a full service call for them.

Just read the plan coverage and I am a bit concerned. Basically if a terrorist comes in and blows up my receiver it is not covered.
Well that's one hell of an oversight on Dish's part. Screw the plan!

I came in here today to look up if the proetection plan is worth it... I was just told by a tech in the chat that i could remove the protection plan to save cost(i was complaining about my bill going up) He basically said if anything goes wrong with the hopper or joey, just add the protection plan that day and then call. So i have had a protection plan i have not needed now for 5yrs almost...

I am saving the transcript though in case dish gives me any flac for it.

As far as the plan goes- it covers service calls, too. Obviously it has value to some of us, as I am not the only one that pays for it.

Remember, you pay for repairs on a car you lease.
Really? Wear and Tear maybe, you know Leased cars have Bumper to Bumper warrantys right.
Also some the monthly payment also goes toward the principal, Not the case with Satellite tv equipment.

I don't know of anyone who is allowed to lease a used car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts