Dish Network Question for dish america

ok I just hope they will give me hd america since its a all hd package. Maybe DIRT can weigh in on this issue

If you get an HD receiver Dish will give you an all HD package. They don't send an inspector in to see if you acutally hook it up an HD TV! :)

so for my sdtvs I can hook up a hdtv reciever to them and get dish america hd channels ? How can I hook it up I thought it had to be hooked up by HDMI

No, you can hook up an HD receiver using red, white, and yellow composite cables. I've got one in my bedroom set up just like that. Incidentally, my receiver is a Joey. My neighbor has a 211 set up exactly the same way. And yes, you will get all the HD channels, but they will be in SD.

ok kewl so I could get a tech to hook that up for me ? Could it be hooked up to another sdtv from the box ? Why do they say a HDTV is required to get dish america HD package for ?

All outputs of Dish receivers are live at once. So you can hook them all up, or use the RF output to distribute to the whole house (in SD). The only issue is getting the remote to work remotely. ;)

HD outputs include HDMI and component, while SD outputs include coax, s-video, and composite.

To have a Dish America package, you must have all MPEG-4 receivers on the account. This is because we consider Dish America an "all HD" package.

HD receivers will work on an SDTV. The picture will be down-converted

ok kewl thanks Matt. I tried my neighbor's HDTV box with my tv to see if I could get a signal and it wouldn't work its a older 55 inch tv. That is the main tv in the living room. It doesn't even have a AV output but I got a AV box and tried it. Maybe a tech would know how to hook it up ?

ok kewl thanks Matt. I tried my neighbor's HDTV box with my tv to see if I could get a signal and it wouldn't work its a older 55 inch tv. That is the main tv in the living room. It doesn't even have a AV output but I got a AV box and tried it. Maybe a tech would know how to hook it up ?

How do you have the receiver connected to this TV? What inputs does the TV have?

ok kewl so I could get a tech to hook that up for me ? Could it be hooked up to another sdtv from the box ? Why do they say a HDTV is required to get dish america HD package for ?

Where did you see they say that? I think what you are seeing is you need an HDTV receiver and HD added to your account. We are telling you from vast experience you do not need it to actually be an HD TV. The age and inputs on your TV will determine how it is connected to the Dish receiver.

it is a older tv that only has a cable output on it. As for a a/v input output the red white and yellow it doesn't have that for this tv. Just a cable output

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts