DISH NETWORK® ANNOUNCES EXPANSION OF LOCAL HD MARKETS

Not only was it listed in that last charlie chat as March of 2009, but I actually had CSRs tell me that they would be up the first (then second) week of March. Three different service reps told me the exact same thing.

Whatever happend to under-promise and over deliver. When people tell me something, I believe them, and to go back on that is horrible service.

Talked with the local station engineer, this am, concerning Roanoke HD. { the CBS local affiliate isn't responsible for Dish SD/HD} He had conversation with a tech at Dish that installs the links for SD/HD DMA's. As far as that tech was concerned, everything is ready for the switch to be "flipped" for Roanoke HD. Both HD & SD signals are sharing a common fiber to up-link location. He further stated that if the schedule announced for march has been changed it isn't because of not having the services linked. The local engineer will pass on any changes that effect the time frame as soon as he is made aware of those changes.

That's a little overstated. According to tvb.org, Indianapolis is DMA #25 with 1,114,970 TV households. Columbis is DMA #32 with 925,840 TV households, or 83% of the size of Indianapolis.

Slightly smaller, yes. Much, much smaller, no.
OK, Columbus is not much, much, smaller, but 190,000 households (17% larger) more of less is a lot of households. I can't figure why Terre Haute at #152 is getting HD locals before Indianapolis.

Unless it is an independently owned station then the people that work at the station might not hear anything as Dish will negotiate with the owner of the station, not the station itself.

But that doesn't always hold true.... I know a CE at a local independent FOX station and he said he didn't hear a thing about Dish carrying them except from me. And this was a week before Dish lit up their channel in HD.

I hope you're right Digi. At any rate the locals apparently aren't coming this month which is really disappointing, especially after Dish said they would have them in March. I just hope Direct doesn't get them up first. I have heard that Direct is out of capacity until they get new birds up, but i don't have Direct so i don't follow the forums or chatter about the state of things over there. I had Direct years ago, but the equipment was crap and at the time Dish blew them away on HD so i switched.

Digi--- In another thread a week or so ago, you posted the following:

"I thought Roanoke would be uplinked last week. Maybe this week... seen a few things pointing towards this."

Your earlier post was informative on what all needs to be done to light up these channels, but evidentially, you saw something that led you to believe they were coming..... In your opinion, what has changed to bump Roanoke from the March release schedule?

On a side note, Tucson, AZ was in the "coming soon" list last night, which is the first time we have ever been mentioned for Local HD. I am giddy over it right now (though the TurboHD/Fox News HD thing still pisses me off). Just hoping "coming soon" means actually soon.

Talked with the local station engineer, this am, concerning Roanoke HD. { the CBS local affiliate isn't responsible for Dish SD/HD} He had conversation with a tech at Dish that installs the links for SD/HD DMA's. As far as that tech was concerned, everything is ready for the switch to be "flipped" for Roanoke HD. Both HD & SD signals are sharing a common fiber to up-link location. He further stated that if the schedule announced for march has been changed it isn't because of not having the services linked. The local engineer will pass on any changes that effect the time frame as soon as he is made aware of those changes.

Jerry, as always, good information. This is interesting though, so the switch is ready to be flipped, but they just wont flip it.

That is great service!!!

Keep the updates coming as you get them, thanks again.

Digi--- In another thread a week or so ago, you posted the following:

"I thought Roanoke would be uplinked last week. Maybe this week... seen a few things pointing towards this."

Your earlier post was informative on what all needs to be done to light up these channels, but evidentially, you saw something that led you to believe they were coming..... In your opinion, what has changed to bump Roanoke from the March release schedule?

No idea...

Jerry, as always, good information. This is interesting though, so the switch is ready to be flipped, but they just wont flip it.

That is great service!!!

Keep the updates coming as you get them, thanks again.

I think it should be... "This is interesting though, so the switch is ready to be flipped, but something is preventing them from flipping it."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)