Dish Network® Outlines Upcoming Hd Launch Schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Warning - lost SD locals for a week to get HD!

When new HD locals are activated, do they just show up in the "all HD" guide or does the subscriber have to take some action?

I live in Richmond, VA. I found out that I will need a side dish to pick up 61.5 which carries Richmond HD locals. Called Dish last night to set it up. The CSR scheduled the installation for Thursday, June 12. So far so good. This morning when I attempted to access WWBT (local NBC affiliate) in SD, it was gone. I can get my other locals OTA, but not NBC. When I called again today to find out what happened, I was informed (by 3 different CSR's) that setting up the work order to add the side dish also discontinued my current local SD channels - not on June 12, which would be logical, but immediately!??:mad: Even worse, the CSR's said it was impossible to undo. So now I must do without NBC for a whole week for which DISH will reimburse me the magnificent sum of $1.25 (1/4 of my monthly local charge.

Luckily, I didn't lose all locals since I get the others OTA. But for those who have no OTA antenna and want to get your locals in HD and need a work order, be prepared to lose SD access from the the time you place the order until it is complete.

I live in Richmond, VA. I found out that I will need a side dish to pick up 61.5 which carries Richmond HD locals. Called Dish last night to set it up. The CSR scheduled the installation for Thursday, June 12. So far so good. This morning when I attempted to access WWBT (local NBC affiliate) in SD, it was gone. I can get my other locals OTA, but not NBC. When I called again today to find out what happened, I was informed (by 3 different CSR's) that setting up the work order to add the side dish also discontinued my current local SD channels - not on June 12, which would be logical, but immediately!??:mad: Even worse, the CSR's said it was impossible to undo. quote]

Jrchip01, you need to call them back (again and again until they get it right) I had a 61.5 dish added a few weeks ago and I ordered it at least 10 days in advance of the install. I experienced no service interruption to my SD locals.

Follow-up on loss of SD locals to get HD locals

Jrchip01, you need to call them back (again and again until they get it right) I had a 61.5 dish added a few weeks ago and I ordered it at least 10 days in advance of the install. I experienced no service interruption to my SD locals.[/QUOTE]

tbarney:
Thank you for responding.

I figured after three tries that I would be wasting my time to try again. The first CSR did say he could probably "undo" the change but at the cost of rescheduling the service appointment. While he was researching this possibility he put me on hold. The next thing I heard was some ominous clicking, followed by three rings and the famous "if you would like to make a call, please hang up......". When I called again, I got a different CSR who along with her successor claimed that undoing the change was impossible. I have sent a description of this issue to Charlie Ergen (CEO@Echostar.com). Perhaps:D he can get all the CSR's to act as yours did. I will post any response I get.

With 4 days to go, and having rigged up a pair of "rabbit ears" to receive the NBC local channel via the RF input on my TV, I will live with the problem rather than run the risk of another foulup by the next CSR.

Got SD locals back!

Jrchip01, you need to call them back (again and again until they get it right) I had a 61.5 dish added a few weeks ago and I ordered it at least 10 days in advance of the install. I experienced no service interruption to my SD locals.

tbarney:
Thank you for responding.

I figured after three tries that I would be wasting my time to try again. The first CSR did say he could probably "undo" the change but at the cost of rescheduling the service appointment. While he was researching this possibility he put me on hold. The next thing I heard was some ominous clicking, followed by three rings and the famous "if you would like to make a call, please hang up......". When I called again, I got a different CSR who along with her successor claimed that undoing the change was impossible. I have sent a description of this issue to Charlie Ergen (CEO@Echostar.com). Perhaps:D he can get all the CSR's to act as yours did. I will post any response I get.

With 4 days to go, and having rigged up a pair of "rabbit ears" to receive the NBC local channel via the RF input on my TV, I will live with the problem rather than run the risk of another foulup by the next CSR.

CEO@Echostar responded to my e-mail by restoring my SD locals. Obviously, as tbarney implied, all the CSR's I talked to had it wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)