Dish Network® Outlines Upcoming Hd Launch Schedule

I am very happy. I was looking forward to SciFi HD, but honestly I am happy anytime new national HD channels are made available. More national HD is always a good thing.

Cnbc hd and fox news hd

I watch cnn more than usa hd or sci fi hd, it is the news, and that is why i would love cnbc hd, watching stocks in hd wov that would be my dream come true.

Also fox news hd. Fox has the hottest female anchors, and i make no apologies for being a solid entrepreneur, and a businessman. I would love my fox n hd.

I see on the list at the beginning of this thread that the locals in HD for Grand Rapids MI were supposed to be up and running in May but I received a email from DN today that only has 2 areas getting locals in HD in May and GR is not one of them... BUMMER :(

I see on the list at the beginning of this thread that the locals in HD for Grand Rapids MI were supposed to be up and running in May but I received a email from DN today that only has 2 areas getting locals in HD in May and GR is not one of them... BUMMER :(
It has been rumored that the HD Locals for Grand Rapids are uplinked, but unavailable (though I have still not seen the uplink report that shows that), so all is not lost.

Here is to hoping that it will still happen in the next few weeks,
Geoff

It has been rumored that the HD Locals for Grand Rapids are uplinked, but unavailable (though I have still not seen the uplink report that shows that), so all is not lost.

Geoff

I sure hope so! I want to have CBS in HD for that EliteXC fight night they are having on May 31st!!

HD Locals - Greensboro, NC

The schedule at the beginning of this thread shows that Greensboro, NC will get locals in HD in April. However, I haven't seen any changes. Is this schedule our of date? Is there possibly a new schedule?

Last edited:
Scott said adding lot of hd

Scott just said in another thread that they are addding a lot of hd before team summit next week, hd nationals, he alluded to bravo hd and espn news hd, i wonder what else will be added

...travel channel hd
...fox news hd ( dish fighting with newcorps so probably not till negotions over)
... cnbc hd

i can't wait.

Scott just said in another thread that they are addding a lot of hd before team summit next week, hd nationals, he alluded to bravo hd and espn news hd, i wonder what else will be added

...travel channel hd
...fox news hd ( dish fighting with newcorps so probably not till negotions over)
... cnbc hd

i can't wait.

Fox News HD finally just launched two weeks ago! Is DirectTV even carrying it?

Geoff

Very glad there are other frustrated Grand Rapids area Dish people. I read the first post in this thread a few minutes ago, and was elated to read Grand Rapids listed. I had not heard about this, at all. Then, I started thinking....uhoh....May's getting old fast.

Sounds like maybe soon, though............woooohoo!:clap

DISH NETWORK® OUTLINES UPCOMING HD LAUNCH SCHEDULE

Englewood, Colo., March 18, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third-largest pay-TV provider, today confirmed that plans to enhance its HD programming line-up this spring remain on track, despite the launch anomaly experienced by the AMC-14 satellite on March 14.

Over the next two months, DISH Network will increase its local HD offering by more than 60 percent with the addition of HD broadcast networks in the following markets:

May

· Beaumont, TX

Scott are we still on track for Beaumont ,Tx locals for May as you originally posted?

If they were concerned about HD and quality they would not have dropped Voom they would have made it part of the HD package and not charge extra for it! If they do not bring back Voom I am going elsewhere for my HD!

I spoke with a nice american lady last night.. she said that they just received an announcement stating that about 13 additional HD channels should be active in the next few weeks... if that says anything.

hate to say it, but all that means is "soon".

Buffalo HD locals were announced as "coming soon" back in 2006. We don't have 'em yet.
Rather than complain (although I do bring it up frequently) I accept this as .... "It is what it is" and I've learned to accept the fact that when I see them in my guide and can select and watch them.... THEN they're on. Otherwise it's just talk.

There more MISinformation out there than GOOD information and teh CSRs at E* are no exception.

So believe whatever you want, whenever you want, but I'll stick to "seeing is believing" in this instance.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)